• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Things that suck about being an N dom

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why does it suck? I don't think it sucks to be me, than again my N is aux but it's not about them it's about you and you feeling comfortable in your own skin. you making the world work for you (i don't mean in a minion kind of way, I mean find something about the world worthwhile instead of focusing on the negatives)

I didn't say it sucked, I said that certain things about it suck. overall, I'm quite glad to be an ENFP, but many of the wonderful strengths that we possess are double edged swords so to speak

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't care about the moral implications of manipulation (at the moment), but you'd be more successful manipulating people as a Ni-Fe type imho. You're either that, or.. maybe I should tell you that INFJs and ENFJs can one up you on that.
I totally disagree with this. Ni-Fe manipulation is SO easy to see through. I suppose that's partially because I am near impossible to persuade and don't really use any Fe to make decisions (frankly, the majority of NFJs do NOT understand Fi or Ne at all).

in all honestly being a P bothers me a hell of a lot more than being an N dom.
tell me about it lol. I wanted to be an INFJ for a while lol.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with a lot of your points but am not sure about this one. I am not very materialistic and don't need a lot of things while my former ISFP boss just loved to spend, whatever money came into his account would be spent on all sorts of things because he wanted to "live the life" (including the best food, high quality clothes etc) I think it might be related to him having strong Se.

But I can definitely relate to your points of being easily bored and dissatisfied and having trouble putting this great N-vision into action.

I don't think I worded this point well. while for me an ideal lifestyle would be extremely expensive, what I meant to say was that the ideal lifestyle for an N dom is going to require insane amounts of freedom (which is often expensive)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Adding this to your other thread, I'm not sure yet whether you're trolling or just really, really don't get it.

One thing that sucks about being N dom is that you're prone to delusions. :) catch my drift

+1

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being intellectually focused doesn't make you intelligent. There are plenty of Ns out there who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground (though they're frequently certain they're authorities on both asses and holes).

I think as a whole, Ns do tend to be more intelligent (I mean, if your primary mode of activity is understanding concepts, you're likely to have very high brain activity even at rest), but if you're saying that my statement was a bit overgeneralized and that correlation does not equal causation, then you're definitely right (there are plenty of dumb Ns and smart Ss)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I didn't say it sucked, I said that certain things about it suck. overall, I'm quite glad to be an ENFP, but many of the wonderful strengths that we possess are double edged swords so to speak

read the title.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Elfboy is a good Kid.. he is prolly just at that stage where he has discovered he has a brain. There is novelty in this feeling, and he most likely confuses the novelty as to meaning, he is the 1st person to discover they have a brain, as opposed to the novelty being totally personal.
The first time people are in love, the same sort of thing happens.

Don't y'all remember when you felt like this??

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
read the title.
you are not getting it. having written the title I would know what it means. this is a thread about the negative sides of being an N dom. that doesn't mean it is saying N doms suck (I am an N dom, that would just be stupid to start a thread to say that). please take the time to make a few distinctions before attempting to assign an opinion you feel that I feel about something. acknowledging the negative sides of something doesn't mean one doesn't like it or things it sucks.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Please do a better job of getting your point across.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Please do a better job of getting your point across.
my point was stated quite forthright, to discuss the negative sides of being an N dom. even so, it does necessitate making the distinction between negative aspects of being N dom vs what being N dom is like as a whole (which I proceeded to in the first post)

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
+1.. I missed that one.. That truly is worthy of a chuckle :laugh:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I don't care about the moral implications of manipulation (at the moment), but you'd be more successful manipulating people as a Ni-Fe type imho. You're either that, or.. maybe I should tell you that INFJs and ENFJs can one up you on that. :newwink:

Hmmm....I don't agree about INFJs at all, but ENFJs are pretty damn persuasive.

I still believe Ners are the best at reading and influencing others.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Arrived back from Cambridge University (United Kingdom) for my sister's group discussion there. I'd attended that University back in '04/5, and realize after so long what an N of a place it is. You go there, and feel a sense of sternness. Everyone is active. I would love to go back.

One thing that sucks about being N dom is that you're prone to delusions. :) catch my drift

... Think xSFP's are prone to delusion more than the other types. Otherwise, I think it's introverted types that get caught in their introspective confidence, which isn't N/S related.

I also envy sensors their ease in relating to the larger sensor population. Growing up in a large family full of sensors was so frustrating.

+1 Yup.

AGREED. There clearly is a difference between intellect and intelligence.

+1

What would suck about being an N sub?

:devil:

Tendencies on being repetitive; mundane fits.

KDude

Hmmm....I don't agree about INFJs at all, but ENFJs are pretty damn persuasive.

I still believe Ners are the best at reading and influencing others.

I agree on the "reading" part. Ne tries entertaining and juggling different perspectives, but the influencing is more casual, not as orchestrating or linear like it'd have to be with manipulation. They're not ones to drive a point in specific directions like Si and Ni, but just toss about different possibilities for people (if other people are involved, that is). Infectious kind of (via their convictions or enthusiasm or something), but not exactly affecting.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
See, it's threads like these that make me despair of these forums. I can't believe it's being treated with even the slightest modicum of seriousness.

KDude

See, it's threads like these that make me despair of these forums. I can't believe it's being treated with even the slightest modicum of seriousness.

What'd I do? I'm strictly textbook, bud. :glasses:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

The irony is that you just made this thread 10x more serious than it deserved to be just by using the word "modicum".