• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, what's the best compliment you've ever received?

efraim

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
"Thanks to you I don't do drugs anymore." :) This one was probably the best.

D

Dali

Thanks for the response, efraim!

The rest of you can go back to ignoring me. *sulk*

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Said to me by an INTJ bfriend "I've never met someone with a more amazing gaze. It's just penetrating, as if you see right through me, into my soul or something. I noticed both your grandma and your aunt have it to. I don't think I could hide something from you if I tried. "

Said to me by my ISFJ friend " I can trust you with anything.. like anything! I would trust you deserted on an island with my husband, with no clothes and a barrel of rum."

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
have not answered because this is a very hard question :)

probably when someone i respect tells me they're proud of me. i swell all up inside.

Chloe

It was "if only you could see yourself for 1 secund with my eyes, you'd see how perfect you are" (he said something else, not perfect.. But like ... That

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Said to me by my ISFJ friend " I can trust you with anything.. like anything! I would trust you deserted on an island with my husband, with no clothes and a barrel of rum."
:laugh:

Now that's a compliment!

D

Dali

Thanks for your responses, guys. I'm trying to know what traits ENFPs value in themselves and which they appreciate being recognised and to generally understand this beautiful type some more.

megm87

MBTI Type
ENFP
Anytime someone compliments work I've done/I make a client super happy (I'm a Graphic Designer)

Also, when a good friend of mine tells me what a good friend I am or how they don't know what they would do without me :)

Finally, one of my most treasured compliments to receive is when someone compliments my ability to say something perfectly/choose a perfect word to describe something or explain a situation or emotion :D

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When it turns out I have inspired someone to realise their potential, reach for their dreams, believe in themselves.....
A friend I hadt seen in many years got in touch to ask if I would mind being in their book, at the time I said no because i worried about my privacy, i later found out there was a whole chapter about me:shock:
I still got an acknowledgement and a copy of the book which was a fantastic compliment.

Starry

I'm trying only to read...not to post [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION] but must follow^ and comment because these compliments are dumb.

One of the dearest people to me... a friend of mine. We had a bit of an awkward start really. We started off as co-workers and she would always ask me to go and do this or that with her.

She's extraordinarily sophisticated though...and I'm quite crazy. She's someone with that solid presence...a strong introvert with that powerful low hum...and I'm a bit scattered and all over the place. Every time we did something I was convinced it would be our last outing until she would ask me to do something again.

And so I asked her finally...wtf? Why does someone like you want to be friends with me? And she said to me...

"Friendship for me is a funny thing..." And it was here she opened-up to me concerning her amazing history. Her grandfather had survived Auschwitz and the trauma of it was deeply embedded in the fabric of her family. She said she can only be friends with a certain kind of person and proceeded to give me my biggest compliment...

"I know you would never turn me over to the Nazis"

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When a rescue dog chose me. <3

a sincere hug from a Canadian celebrity.

Idr if anything else

Eta: oh yes. I remember now, that i was told that I was the most original/authentic/sincere person someone has ever met, that was back in hs.

Starry

Get out INFJs...this thread is for mistyped ENFPs only thank you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What did you do? Catapulted yourself into the ocean?

Oh well before I get out of this thread, it was a dog that was rescued and didn't trust anyone and I was her first. :heart:

Not an actual rescue like save me dog lol

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] I used to say I was an ENFP before. :puppy_dog_eyes:

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This may sound sad, but honestly, I just can't for the life of me think of a compliment that has stuck with me. Well, to echo [MENTION=9232]megm87[/MENTION], I do find great satisfaction when someone compliments me on a design or something I've done in that required a creative aptitude. Though, there's a huge catch to this too, if I personally feel like the thing being complimented on just plain sucks, then the compliment will roll completely off my shoulders. If I'm proud of something I've worked on through and I feel it's some divine intervention, being just a tad dramatic here, and someone compliments me on that, then yes, THAT will feel really good.

To answer the OP intent of this thread, I suppose it's a compliment having to do with ability and a certain skill. Something that not just anyone can do. Complimenting me on being nice or helping them here and there, I really don't need to hear it. It doesn't pain me to be nice haha. It's like complementing me on being me, being alive. Like so what?