• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Anxiety and Intuition

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Do you ever confuse the two? The feeling... that is.

I have really scary good intuition. I also have scary anxiety.... like fear of death or accidents or loss. Because these things can happen.

Do you think intuition and anxiety can be linked? Or perhaps is anxiety just intuition-gone-wrong?

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
As in... racing thoughts? I think intuition can certainly facilitate that "out of control" feeling. Interesting connection... do you get much anxiety?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I do have both high intuition and high anxiety levels at the time but (until now) I haven't been thinking that they would be connected. But it is possible that they would be connected but just that I haven't realized they are. I don't know, really.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Edit : Dominant intuitives may have sensing anxiety issues through hypersensitivity to their environment (sensing in the inferior).

Last edited:

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
As in... racing thoughts? I think intuition can certainly facilitate that "out of control" feeling. Interesting connection... do you get much anxiety?

More like feelings of impending doom. Heavy thoughts. Terrible premonitions and gut feelings. Panic.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edit : Dominant intuitives may have sensing anxiety issues through hypersensitivity to their environment (sensing in the inferior).

agreed

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think anxeity can be linked to Ne. The ability to very quickly connect a gazillion ideas, secenarios, patterns, and process possible outcomes (good and bad). I think my Ne has made it so I always recognize the weakest link, the loop hole, etc. This can bring some anxiety. I can see how intuition in general can give anxiety, you know its coming, you've already connected all the dots for X of an outcome, your now waiting for all of this to fall together.

Yes, intuition is probably very related to anxiety.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I don't see that to be true with my friends necessarily...the three people I know with wicked anxiety are 2 S's (ESFJ, ISFP) and an IxFP.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think anxeity can be linked to Ne. The ability to very quickly connect a gazillion ideas, secenarios, patterns, and process possible outcomes (good and bad). I think my Ne has made it so I always recognize the weakest link, the loop hole, etc. This can bring some anxiety. I can see how intuition in general can give anxiety, you know its coming, you've already connected all the dots for X of an outcome, your now waiting for all of this to fall together.

Yes, intuition is probably very related to anxiety.

More like feelings of impending doom. Heavy thoughts. Terrible premonitions and gut feelings. Panic.

Looks like anxiety can also be related to Ni.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think anxiety is really related to any particular function, though from what I've read before, it's been linked to the "bad Ne" of ISXJs.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think anxiety is really related to any particular function, though from what I've read before, it's been linked to the "bad Ne" of ISXJs.

I tend to think all types are going to be anxious for different reasons -- i.e. different triggers. So going off what you just wrote, ISxJ's could be anxious due to Ne stuff creeping in... INxJ's due to Se.... ENxP's due to Si... I dunno. Not necessarily that this is even correct (i.e. ISxJ's could really be triggered by overblown Si, etc), but that sort of differentiation by type.

I think I have anxiety issues in certain areas for sure. But I definitely don't think it's linked to my being an intuitive. I mean, my ISTJ mother is incredibly anxious and tense, as is my ISFJ friend, and my INTP brother has his own anxiety issues. BUT, again, they are anxious about things I tend not to be anxious about. And vice versa.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I tend to think all types are going to be anxious for different reasons -- i.e. different triggers. So going off what you just wrote, ISxJ's could be anxious due to Ne stuff creeping in... INxJ's due to Se.... ENxP's due to Si... I dunno. Not necessarily that this is even correct (i.e. ISxJ's could really be triggered by overblown Si, etc), but that sort of differentiation by type.

I think I have anxiety issues in certain areas for sure. But I definitely don't think it's linked to my being an intuitive. I mean, my ISTJ mother is incredibly anxious and tense, as is my ISFJ friend, and my INTP brother has his own anxiety issues. BUT, again, they are anxious about things I tend not to be anxious about. And vice versa.

Agreed.

teen rose

MBTI Type
INFP

Yup. U r 100% right. May be not just Ne - but in sync with Fi for me. That gives extreme accurate understanding/result/perception which inturn only leads to extreme feeling that is, anxiety!