• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Why would an ENFJ say they didn't want a relationship....

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
after saying they 'really really like you'?

Them saying 'I don't want a relationship' came out of the blue, later...

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hmmm, Because they are not ready to make a commitment??.
There are so many possibilities that really, only that person, could tell you for sure.
I learned recently that liking someone is not the same as actually wanting to be with them.
(I knew this anyway.. I was more like reminded)
In the case of an NFJ.. It's probably because they don't feel like they can give you what might be needed at this time.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tis a responsibility, burden. Or perhaps just turning you down in a manner where you don't feel the crush. If the choice of words were truly ''like'' than the latter may be the case assuming you proposed the relationship.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most likely because they don't want a relationship.

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Sounds to me like that person doesn't want to have a relationship but doesn't want to hurt your feelings, either. So the solution would be to tell you they don't want a relationship in a polite and friendly way, as in 'I really, really like you...but...' - the 'but' doesn't have to be said, but it's there nevertheless. If I were in a situation like that, that's how I'd try to solve it.
I often tell people I really like them and mean it, as I do truly like people - but it's a veeery long way from 'liking' someone to having a relationship with that person.

G

Glycerine

They might be letting you down easy, they really do like you but don't see it going anywhere (incompatible), don't want the commitment,it's just not a good time right now.... ask the person.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
type aside, there are several reasons why anyone would say this
1) they are not emotionally ready
2) they're going through a tough time and don't feel they could keep their end of the relationship
3) they're focusing on their finances first before they settle down/pursue a love life (this is my case)
4) they like you, but they're not attracted to you
5) they are attracted to you, but don't view you as good relationship material
6) they don't want the emotional commitment

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have know ENFJ's to say they love me, but not mean it in a romantic way. Maybe the ENFJ was expressing positive feelings, then later realizing that he/she could have been misinterpreted.