• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when....

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know you're an ENFP when
- you start an "am I a narcissist" thread on TypeC :rofl1:
- your personality is split between serious/professional, silly/fun, introspective/reflective and dramatic/fiery.
- you have to try REALLY hard not to talk about yourself too much (guilty :cry:)
- you have been labeled with 3 or more personality disorders :laugh:
- despite being a Feeler, you don't take many things personally
- exception, if someone insults your integrity, you get seriously offended
- you relate to enneatypes 7, 8, 9, 1w9 and 4w3
- you can easily manipulate most people, but the idea of doing so is disgusting to you
- the threads you start on TypeC don't die because they're either extremely thought provocative or too friggin controversial

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you know you're an ENFP when
- you start an "am I a narcissist" thread on TypeC :rofl1:
- your personality is split between serious/professional, silly/fun, introspective/reflective and dramatic/fiery.
- you have to try REALLY hard not to talk about yourself too much (guilty :cry:)
- you have been labeled with 3 or more personality disorders :laugh:
- despite being a Feeler, you don't take many things personally
- exception, if someone insults your integrity, you get seriously offended
- you relate to enneatypes 7, 8, 9, 1w9 and 4w3
- you can easily manipulate most people, but the idea of doing so is disgusting to you

- the threads you start on TypeC don't die because they're either extremely thought provocative or too friggin controversial

Big fat yesses to the bolded.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) you relate to the list below...but you're an extrovert
- need lots of time alone to reflect on your thoughts
- are put off by small talk and immediately try and go for something of significance when talking to someone
- can flit around like a social butterfly, but your best times are usually spent with 1-3 close friends
- you find crowds off putting
- your intellectual capacities can be matched by few
- introverts are like 'omg I was thinking that!' in their minds when you speak
- you have a problem with zoning out and are frequently caught up in an elaborate fantasy world
2) figuring out your instinctual variant is extremely hard because you relate a lot to all 3
3) you are the one who says what everyone was thinking, but was afraid to say
4) you don't really care what people think of you, but you do care if they understand you
5) ....and they usually don't understand you
6) people perceive you as a hypocrite because they don't see all the fine distinctions in your moral compass that make all the difference to you
7) you try to act like an SJ to keep your job, but it's REALLY hard :cry:
8) you are an extrovert, but wish you were an introvert
9) you share your thoughts plenty, but your emotions seldom
10) when you do share your emotions, you are often ridiculed.
11) you have a little (or not so little) Fi monster inside you and some things that bring it out might include
- people trying to control you
- people not respecting your boundaries (which are generally much more clear than most people this is an issue with)
- point 10
- days where you are just emo. but these only come about around 1-10 times a year
- parents who abuse their children
- any kind of domestic at all
- people with zero respect for anyone including themselves
12) little kids love you and you understand them well. you think most children are little angels and the idea that most people have little patience for children is quite perplexing to you
13) people mistake you for shallow (...rrrright)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know you're ENFP when you would love the idea of being INFP. lots of people love INFPs (at least, anyone who isn't a low class brute) , but ENFPs are the only other type that actually wants to be them

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You know you're an ENFP when....

1. When you see how everything is connected.
  2. When you dislike it when you perceive that someone is preventing you from expressing yourself.
  3. When you aren't afraid of intervening on someone's behalf if you perceive an injustice afoot.
  4. When you hate doing things that require lots of attention to detail (like balancing a checkbook, for example).
  5. When you can walk into a room and before you leave become everyone's new best friend.
  6. When you can read other people very astutely and leverage this understanding of people for the greater good.
  7. When you aren't afraid to call it like you see it (sometimes to your own peril).
  8. When you like to keep your options open until the very last possible moment.
  9. When you love to have deep, meaningful heart-to-heart conversations not just with your inner circle but also with total strangers.
  10. When you feel a natural kinship with other NFs, especially INFPs and INFJs. (And, you particularly love ISTPs, too.)

I love being an ENFP. I feel very grateful for all the gifts (and even the faults) of this particular personality type.

Lokey

MBTI Type
ENFP
Mindblowing! I am an ENFP but I think I pretend to be and ENTJ at work. ;)