• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How to spot an ENFP a mile off

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I recently went out on a date with an :banana:enfp:banana:. She rejected me:tongue10:

I enjoyed the "How to spot an ENFJ a mile off" thread so much, I want to cheat on the ENFJs and try it again about ENFPs.

Last edited:

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Thinking more about it. That's not completely what I mean. What I liked about the ENFJ thread was how it revealed the inner workings of ENFJs. That's what I was after. What makes an ENFP tick?

Share your inner ENFP!

Last edited:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm interested to read how other people spot an ENFP mile off! :)

I would myself say that ENFP's are at least very talkative and energetic people who do not recongize their own impact on other people. ENFP's live somewhat on other dimension :D.

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
My ENFP mom loves people, and no one is a stranger to her. She has a wonderful sense of humor and she is one of those people to whom applies the phrase "you can't keep a good man down." So resilient to bad things in her own life, she is able to rebound quickly and cheer other people up. Everything is an opportunity to learn something new, and she is curious about everything, and knows more than anybody I know...it's scary sometimes. She linguistically gifted and spontaneous and lots of fun to be around. One thing I notice about her is that she is very innocent in terms of she doesn't think that people would lie to her, so she doesn't always recognize when they do. It's a fundamental trusting at face value, which is the way she operates toward others.

I have a teacher this semester--Speech--who lights up the room when she walks in, is hilariously funny, puts us all at ease, and is perfectly comfortable with herself. She has taken the MBTI for real and told me she is an ENFP, so I have it on good authority :).

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
If I hold a long and humorous conversation with them the first time I meet them it's usually an ENFP. I don't know why that always works out for me. ENFPs are warm people right off the bat.

ENFPs just wanna have fun ~

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
:D great post!!

Im an ENFP...and wud love to hear how u wud spot me from a mile off??!

But I can only talk from my point of view of how I see Myself as. My self image is that:

- I am quiet and relaxed. Im more introverted when alone or even in a crowd. Im in my analysis mode. I also see myself as calm.
- Sometimes I am in silly, energetic, excited mode. This is the risky one, as I may do things which are emberassing....or more scary is that I DONT realise others are observing me and finding it entertaining! It sucks when ppl find me funny for no reason.!

- I had ENFP freinds too. How i see them is that the seemed pretty calm to me....one would argue more Introverted than extroverted.
-They extrovert only in bursts and not all the time.

:)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
To be continued...

Last edited:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The space cadet with acute chronic verbal diarrhea who seems to not make any sense. However, once in a while they'll say something that makes too much sense; so much so that you can't believe they were capable of cognating it, thus leaving you at a loss for how they came to that conclusion. Meanwhile, this person could be a total genious.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I recently went out on a date with an :banana:enfp:banana:. She rejected me:tongue10:

I was seeing this INTP and I rejected him too. I dont know what ur reasons were, but for me, they were;

- He was really rude, obnoxious and insulting with some of his statements.
- He assumed too much
- He didnt give me chance to REALLY TALK, eg he would cut me off constantly. He just DIDNT LISTEN to me.
- Pressured me to taking relationship further even though we were in our initial stages.
- This one is mother of all deal breaks with me: HE MOCKED me!!
Im a pretty kool person, I dont take offence quickly, But this guy mocked my beliefs, my view points and many things that were dear to my heart. In the end I closed myself (my true self- a large part of myself) off to him. ANd just nodded at what he said.
- He had this air of correcting me for whatever I believed in, basically making me look stupid. As if not trusting parts of me. Doubting and questioning things I hold dear.

*Deep breathe. ...I feel fine now thanks. :)

So that was my experience with the INTP. Though I loved him and cared for him, the constant bashing up my soul was too much for me to bear. So in the end...sayonaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know why she rejected me. I didn't do any of that stuff. I actually helped an enfp breakup with an INTP who was very manipulative and controlling over her. I am not manipulative and controlling. Such behavior is a product of low self-esteem. I have fairly high self-esteem I would say.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
LostInNerSpace.....thanks for the feedback. :)
btw I really like ur posts.
:D

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I'm still trying to assess the ENFP type.

I've always thought that the E and P are natural steady state traits that work together like the I and J.

The N is the most fundamental anchor.

And for the male T then F is pretty much a female trait.

I think that most INTJ guys like the ENFP simply because they (ENFP) have developed intuition based on a whole new perspective of the world. One of people. The INTJ is just like "wow this is an interesting perspective of the world". The ENFP probably likes the soulmate aspect of the INTJ and the opposite intuitively based (systems) perspective of the world. I guess together they get to explore more intellectually of the world and enjoy the differences of extroversion/introversion and so forth. Sort of a natural complement. They aren't treading in each others space.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
LostInNerSpace.....thanks for the feedback. :)
btw I really like ur posts.
:D

No problem. Thanks

Nehhh....she looks phony and dead!! Theres no life to her....i can see thru her fakeness, I think shes lacking confidence and has fear in her eyes to be honest. however this one seems more like an ENFP....more natural.

You would know. ENFPs are masters at seeing the truth behind people.

But you're not so good at applying judgement to your perception. Join the club.

This is closer to what I have encountered.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nehhh....she looks phony and dead!! Theres no life to her....i can see thru her fakeness, I think shes lacking confidence and has fear in her eyes to be honest.

I disagree with your assessment of this girl, whole heartedly!!!

She definitely seems to be an ENFP, and perhaps more particularly, a young, highly energetic, effervescent "bubbly" one.

Her general affect, including her animated mannerisms, her quirkiness and the overall emotionally dynamic energy she displays, almost frighteningly reminds me of myself when I am feeling in a particularly happy and playful mood.

I like this girl, I like her a lot.

In a matter of minutes, and amongst her seemingly inconsequential stream of consciousness a la short burst/s of thought, she was able to convey so much about herself both implicitly through her actions and explicitly through her words.

She = A ball of energy wrapped in skin emitting waves of "life".

The sincerity she exhibited through her openness/comfortableness at being her naturally spontaneous, zany, unfiltered self; her complete lack of contrivance; and the underlying intelligence that penetrated, and occasional insightfulness that managed to pierce through her playful ranting of thoughts, was a pleasure to bear witness to.

In every sense of the word, she is bright!!!

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
The best way to tell an ENFP is to put some bacon in your back pocket while you mingle with people of a night. When you get home, check the bacon, if tiny bite marks have appeared, chances are you talked to an ENFP sometime that night.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Dear god, is this what most people think of when they think ENFP??? Are we really that annoying??

Hahahahahaha.

My brother always says I act like this ("retarded" and "embarassing" is what he says, and he is INTP) and I think I understand better what he means.

I wouldn't have pegged her for ENFP, I would have just pegged her as 'teenaged female'. Though I can understand better what people mean when they say that it's very culturally acceptable for females to be ENFP.

Can any other ENFPs chime in? Is this your normal energy level? I'm not really sure how I come off to people, but I remember watching a video recording of myself at my 13th birthday party, and DAY-AMN I talked a lot, very fast, and very randomly. I had no idea I talked that much or with such energy.

Maybe it's because I"m a little doped up right now on antihistamine and painkiller, but um...the energy level of that girl right now is a little much for me to handle. LOLZ.

Edit:

This guy Is annoying too! Hahahaha. But much clearer and more foused in his presentation, I can see the NT. And I can see what people mean about ENXP having similar energies or seeming similar in public.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I wouldn't have pegged her for ENFP, I would have just pegged her as 'teenaged female'.
She is most definitely an adolescent, and a happy-go-lucky one at that, but, I dunno, she checks out to me. I'd imagine that an ENFP who has never really been subjected to a harsher side of reality might come across as she has.

Or she could be an ENFP who also has ADD or ADHD.

When she sings at the very end of the second clip, "oh, oh, amber is the color of your energy"

I dunno, that resonated with me.

She resonates with me.

I think there's more beneath her bubbly carefree surface, much more.