• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How to spot an ENFP a mile off

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would need an example of this chubber. This *may* be something you're merely imagining.

I could be imagining a lot of things, couldn't I?

Starry

The times I misread someone or judge inaccurately is when I ignore my intuition or feeling about a situation, and try to analyze it and come objectively at it instead. I don't know why I allow myself to do this since it's usually the only times my intuition about people gets me into hot water :dry: I suppose it's the tendency of the ENFP personality to look on the bright side and see the best in people, that I then overlook their flaws and my intuition??

Western society does not value intuition which... when considering how personal/customized this phenomenon is...it's difficult for me to see this as an entirely negative thing. We need the ability to arrive at reasonable collective understandings of reality... and objective, analytical, diagnostic, scientific methods are the most effective and respectful (in my opinion as it pertains to what is being discussed) way to go about doing this. <-Learning this shared language and system takes time...time spent being taught to set aside our intuitions to the point many of us lose this ability (almost) altogether.

Intuition, however, knows its own significance. It is a precious heirloom willed to us by our ancestors and written with love onto our dna. Intuition will never stop trying to reassert its paramount position in your life. Intuition will teach you to pay attention to it by showing you what happens when you don't.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Would you say this a typical enfp?

YouTube - ENFP! Who Me? Yes You! Couldn't Be...

She has a lot of videos. Here is another:

YouTube - A.D.D. Powerful Word Associators

I think I see a little of myself in this girl, except that I'm a male introverted thinker.

You would probably be happier with an ENFJ then you would be an ENFP. My dad is an INTP and a very close friend of mine is also an INTP. What I've noticed is that when we talk about things that are not serious, we get along perfectly. But anything where decisions need to be made, becomes really hard to work with an INTP for me (sorry put ENFP before) as opposed to an INTJ where the chemistry is perfect.

As far as spotting an ENFP. ENFP's have a large range so they are hard to spot but overall we are the sage philosophers, standard bearers. Highly driven to connect with people in ways that really matter. I like to make fun of myself and I also like to tease others a lot.

Last edited:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Seeing an ENFP irl is not easy, it's not like they walk around all bubbly and cheerful non-stop. I notice more when we talk. Then our Ne makes contact, and we recognize the familiarity in the other, which opens that door.

Cygnus

Honestly, I can't tell which ENFPs among us are actually really mature, and which ones are trying way too hard to look friendlier than they are and it's working. It's confusing.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're human hurricanes, notice them by their erratic social energy.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Generalized ENFP Acquisition Strategy

1) Intersperse the area with intellectually self-assured (but emotional unavailable!) introverts. They will serve as your bait.
2) ???
3) Profit!

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Seeing an ENFP irl is not easy, it's not like they walk around all bubbly and cheerful non-stop. I notice more when we talk. Then our Ne makes contact, and we recognize the familiarity in the other, which opens that door.

Lol. ENFP's are probably the most misunderstood of all the personality types. Some say "INFJ's" but in my opinion ENFP's have the hardest time being themselves in today's society. A lot of drop outs even though we have above average IQ. A lot of addicts. If you want to see the ENFP struggle read "Antifragile" by Nicholas Nassim Taleb and you will see an highly intelligent well developed ENFP's take on the world. Also one of the greatest books of all time. So ACCURATE it's scary. It will probably destroy your view on the world.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Lol. ENFP's are probably the most misunderstood of all the personality types. Some say "INFJ's" but in my opinion ENFP's have the hardest time being themselves in today's society. A lot of drop outs even though we have above average IQ. A lot of addicts. If you want to see the ENFP struggle read "Antifragile" by Nicholas Nassim Taleb and you will see an highly intelligent well developed ENFP's take on the world. Also one of the greatest books of all time. So ACCURATE it's scary. It will probably destroy your view on the world.

Couldn't agree with you more in suggesting ENFPs may have the hardest time trying to fit within today's society. We hate to be micromanaged, or just feeling constricted in general. We're great spawning new ideas and leading with direction towards a unified vision for a company, basically playing the CEO, but how does one get there? By working their way up through the grunt work and nitty-gritty of management and we suck at that. I think one of the only ways ENFPs can truly thrive in today's society is to be entrepreneurs and be able to run their own show, or through other means like running a blog or other ways that allow the freedom and flexibility ENFPs so often seek.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Couldn't agree with you more in suggesting ENFPs may have the hardest time trying to fit within today's society. We hate to be micromanaged, or just feeling constricted in general. We're great spawning new ideas and leading with direction towards a unified vision for a company, basically playing the CEO, but how does one get there? By working their way up through the grunt work and nitty-gritty of management and we suck at that. I think one of the only ways ENFPs can truly thrive in today's society is to be entrepreneurs and be able to run their own show, or through other means like running a blog or other ways that allow the freedom and flexibility ENFPs so often seek.

ormDqLRfiaY1y.gif

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Yes! I worked an entry-level customer service position at a bookstore and got very restless after a while, so I sort of created my own little empire outside the bounds of store protocol. I ended up on the radio unofficially promoting books for the store, visiting local schools to do readings, and hosting events with nearly 200 people in my little corner of the store. My coworkers were happy to act as my underlings, because they were just excited to be a part of something meaningful and fun. All of it, unofficial and outside my job description, just done for its own sake.

The problem was, since it was unofficial, I was still getting minimum wage and the management said I could never be promoted because I'm too hard to control and too honest with customers. I also told the General manager that the company was despicable and went on a self-righteous Fi-rant after a very stressful day, and it's hard to come back from that. So I rather abruptly moved out of the province and have to start all over again.

So if store management is reading this, that's how you spot an ENFP!

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If they look like they'd be the star of their own animated Disney film, then they're probably an ENFP.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP

An example of domain specificity.

1. Dinosaurs went extinct we ask. What CAUSED it, as in the environment changing or environmentally caused.
2. Individual fails in a given environment. We blame the person and don't analyze the environment. Although the outcome says just as much about the environment as it does about the person.

ENFP's - Julianne Assange, Ralph Nadar, Che Guevera, Mark Twain etc...need I say more?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'd say one way to spot an ENFP is to keep an eye out for that dominant Ne function. Now, usually you have to talk to someone to notice it, but once you see it, you'll realize just how much ENFPs are swimming in the goop. (Same can be said for ENTPs too though)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe, perhaps, you gotta trust me on this one, ok hear me out... maybe... maybe they will hold a giant sign above their heads that says ENFP on it in such big letters that you can see it from a mile away. :laugh:

Nah, you just gotta learn the difference between Ne and Se and learn how to identify it.

jeanineleia

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
1) Able to get just about anyone to open up. I hold a leadership position in school and I can get even the most quiet and/or socially awkward (I do not mean this as an insult) to open up to me. But can seem a bit haphazard at times since I need to vibe and feel the frequency of the other before I can taper my words to suit them.

2) Externally like an ESFP, love for life and enthusiasm. But we will randomly shock people by suddenly, in some instances by saying something that shows we really gets whats going on underneath the smiles and laughter.

3) Capable of being alone as well. Not sure if this is synonymous with all ENFP since I don't rank very high on E but I enjoy my alone time as much as social interaction. Often cannot pick between the two.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe nobody is following this thread anymore. I'll try asking a question anyway.
What if an ENFP was a 5w6? What would that be like?