• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ bluntness?

Razvan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9v8
Yes, ENFJs can be pretty blunt sometimes and it can get them in a lot of trouble if they are blunt with a figure of authority who does not appreciate this trait. I can say I have much experience in this and I can say I managed to piss and ENFJ off so they become like that. Or if I did, I did not know he was an ENFJ. :) I did talk to a girl who is ENFJ once and she was a bit like that, but I thought it was funny and cute and I appreciated her sincerity. On funny example, we had these deep talks and she told me that she loves me and I kind of got scared and said "ummm, no you don't", it was just what my intuition was telling me so she says something like: " Razvan, I'm saying this in the most loving way : Don't be an idiot, there are many ways of loving somebody". I thought it was funny, even if I was called an idiot. :D I did meet the ENFJ in person eventually (she isn't living in my city, she lives quite far away) and it turned out we were both right. :D Anyway, I was just giving an example on how ENFJs can put something that could be rude in an "envelope" to make it funny and still deliver a direct message.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, ENFJs can be pretty blunt sometimes and it can get them in a lot of trouble if they are blunt with a figure of authority who does not appreciate this trait. I can say I have much experience in this and I can say I managed to piss and ENFJ off so they become like that.

This reminds me of how I ended up quitting my last job...the new supervisor biotch pissed me off big time and TOTALLY crossed the line making everyone's lives hell, so I gave her piece of my mind...and it wasnt pretty lol!!! But when it comes to friends I'm honest in a nice way :).

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Sparrow you sound like my kinda gal.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Inferior Ti talking there. It needs information so it can determine what a person's predictable reaction will be in that situation (through Se experience). This happens when the person's Ni can't effectively pick up on any subtle cues to determine how to correctly create unity to satisfy the Fe need. After the sting, it is possible that the scenario has changed just enough that Ni has found a cue to hook on, and guide the application of Fe.

G

Glycerine

I don't buy that. We are just speaking our mind after we get fed up.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have been thinking a lot about this subject recently.

I am wondering where the line is crossed from being direct to being blunt.
If my delivery remains consistent, but people's reactions vary, perhaps the line is simply the sensitivity and communication style of the other person.

What I mean mean is.. the difference between sensitive, direct and blunt is how the statement is interpreted by the receiver.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've been called blunt and I'm not ENFJ so hah! take that :duel:

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I am blunt, but not in a rude or aggressive way. I get told a lot that I say the thing that everyone is thinking, but no one wants to say.

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I suppose some people could call me blunt. I always tell people what I think or feel honestly, but I try to say it a nice way, not to hurt their feelings. I'm very sensitive to criticism and I get easily hurt...somehow I always assume other people feel the same way. So, my main concern is to say what I've got to say honestly but in a way that's acceptable and not hurtful to people's feelings or values. It's very important for me, especially at work.