• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP and the Five Love Languages

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I saw that there was one for INFJs and I began to wonder how many other ENFPs besides me have Physical Touch as their primary love language. My theory is that it would be high because of certain stereotypes about ENFPs, but I could be wrong.

HERE IS THE TEST I PUT THE LINK IN BIG COLORED LETTERS SO IT WOULD BE OBVIOUS TO ENFPS

Once you get there you choose wife, husband, or single, for the appropriate form of the test.

Mine:

1. Physical Touch
2. Acts of Service
3. Quality Time
4. Words of Affimation/Receiving Gifts (tied)

cfs1992

Mine:

10 Physical Touch
9 Quality Time
8 Words of Affirmation
3 Acts of Service
0 Receiving Gifts

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mine:

10 Physical Touch
9 Quality Time
8 Words of Affirmation
3 Acts of Service
0 Receiving Gifts

I sometimes get quality time and acts of service reversed, depending on my mood. I just think it shows someone truly cares about me if they pay attention to things I actually need.

Words of affirmation tends to be lower for me because while I don't like to be verbally abused, I know that any jerk can say any old crap that sounds pretty and it doesn't mean he loves me or is going to behave in a loving manner toward me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your Scores
8 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
4 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:rofl1: i love the link.

it wasn't underlined though so that was confusing... ;)

me:

1. quality time
2/3. words of affirmation / physical touch
4. acts of service
5. gifts

quality time is so above and beyond the rest. it could almost stand alone. and i think with words of affirmation, the tone is really important. i don't need many words of affirmation - in fact i really hate when someone overdoes it - but every once in a while, at the right place and time, they're so meaningful.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:laugh: I remembered what happened in the function analysis thread. Also, I had my own troubles with this issue in another thread until someone explained it to me.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol yes. you'd think physical touch wouldn't be so important to us, sensotarded as we apparently are

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
10 Quality Time
10 Physical Touch
4 Acts of Service
3 Words of Affirmation
3 Receiving Gifts

i want to do the test for children.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: I remembered what happened in the function analysis thread. Also, I had my own troubles with this issue in another thread until someone explained it to me.

um...i hate to admit it but for a sec i was like okay...where is it? because i thought it would be under your big huge text... :blush:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
haha mmhmm that made me want to do the kids' test. so i did.

3 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
4 Receiving Gifts
2 Acts of Service
3 Physical Touch

realization: i really like/d presents from my parents. :laugh:

i think it dropped in ranking cause now i'm a big girl and can buy what i want for myself!

ps lady x don't feel bad. i was serious when i said i was a little confused because it wasn't underlined. i really was.

chocolatethundaa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
well here's my results very similar to yours mmhmm as well as fitting quite well into what could be expected from an ENFP (facepalm at unintentional conformerism {NO IT ISNT A WORD MR DICK-TIONARY!! GET OVER IT *glare*})

10 Quality Time
10 Physical Touch
7 Words of Affirmation
3 Acts of Service
0 Receiving Gifts

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just wondered how common physical touch would be since we're considered closest to being SPs, are sometimes considered to be "easy" and have been accused of frequently confusing sex with love.

All I know is that when somebody holds me and I can feel how much they love me, it is the best thing in the world. You can feel that kind of thing in someone's touch - especially non-sexual touching, though sex is nice too.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
3 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
2 Receiving Gifts
8 Acts of Service
9 Physical Touch

Physical Touch

A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, and thoughtful touches on the arm—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All I know is that when somebody holds me and I can feel how much they love me, it is the best thing in the world. You can feel that kind of thing in someone's touch - especially non-sexual touching, though sex is nice too.

Contact is really important to me too. I can survive without being touched, but I can't thrive without it. It's amazing how much better I feel physically (ie less sick, or tense) when someone holds me, or lays near me. Not even sexual in intent. Just closeness.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
10 Quality Time
7 Words of Affirmation
7 Physical Touch
4 Receiving Gifts
2 Acts of Service

anyone take the apology test? seems interesting, never thought about how people would speak in apology languages

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Physical Touch
2. Words of Affirmation
3. Quality Time
4. Acts of Service
5. Receiving Gifts

While I truly love it when he gets me a gift, especially something I've been dying to get, it's not what I *need* to feel loved. I need the three top ones. Acts of service I'll request from him when needed, and it does show me he cares that he actually even considers helping me out, but it's not something I'll be hurt by if he doesn't notice that I need help or something.

I will be hurt if he doesn't ever encourage me verbally, or hold me close, or want to spend time with me. Especially the holding, I need. Crave really.

megm87

MBTI Type
ENFP
10 Quality Time
9 Words of Affirmation
4 Receiving Gifts
4 Physical Touch
3 Acts of Service

To be honest I'm surprised that physical touch isn't higher up there for me. I think that maybe from the point of view of when I'm in a relationship it's more important but from the point of view of being single (as I am right now) the quality time and words of affirmation are more important since I would be still unsure about how a person I am some kind of romantically involved with really feels about me (and in the beginning physical touch isn't as hard to come by whereas sometimes significant others can drop off with the snuggling/cuddling type stuff after a long time.) I will say that words in general are a big part of my love language (and life language for that matter.) Hearing someone say they care about me makes my heart flutter - I will repeat the words in my head long after and still smile about something nice someone verbally or through writing said to me. Even in a work situation, a promotion itself wouldn't mean as much to me as someone telling me verbally what a great job I've done and complimenting my work. Usually they kind of go hand in hand but hopefully you all get the gist of what I mean. That being said I really get depressed if I don't have regular physical touch whether it be from friends, family, or a lover/mate. I think for me personally it's harder to come by the actual words of love/affirmation than the physical touch from the people in my life which is another reason why quality time and words of affirmation might appear to be so far ahead of physical touch. Actually, the more I think about it my top two should probably be words of affirmation and physical touch rather than quality time - I'd rather someone stop by and say nice things/give me a big hug or kiss and then have to leave to run errands than come by for a longer amount of time and have no physical contact or nice words exchanged.

thanks for posting the test! :)