• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] okay, I hope it's not irreparably gauche but

timeless woods

MBTI Type
INFJ
How does your type affect how you handle your personal finances? What ways does it help? What ways does it not help?

For myself, I am very frugal. I love finding alternate uses for everyday objects and I really enjoying paying next to nothing for anything. I rarely shop retail as I enjoy the "hunt" for something that has not been mass-produced within the past ten years or so. My home is wonderfully eclectic and I have always enjoyed surrounding myself with things that seem small but have great symbolism for me. Almost everything in my home has a story. (I am trying to think of some existential reason for the dust-grizzlies under my desk though). I am far from the affluenza crowd.

However, when it comes to setting money aside for retirement: :shock: . Although I am future focused, I am future-reality challenged. :blush: And I work with the elderly and broke! :doh: What gives?

I am very curious to know how other folks feel their type affects what money means to them ...

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I rarely spend my money on things that are not vital. I don't mind spending my money on other people though. Otherwise, I know I am not the best when it comes to keeping up with money, so I choose to simply refrain from spending it. I find more value in sentimental items than luxurious ones.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Does your work have a 401K or something like that? I am a spender, but if we never see the money, I don't miss it, also, 'spending' the money into a savings sometimes works for me.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Money ought to be invested... unfortunately I think most NFs (myself included) aren't the most knowledgeable people around when it comes to finances... :doh:

Anyways, I'm a careful person when it comes to money. Rarely spend it on stuff I don't need. On the other hand, when I need something, I don't mind putting in the dough in order to get what I want. I'm not that great a bargain hunter... perhaps it's because I'm too impatient for that. Extra money is saved up or placed into RRSP... a little something for rainy days. :yes:

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
at the start of every year, i'll plan my budget, and how much i want to save. will set aside for daily expenditure, to give back to parents/grandma, and extraordinary expenses--such as holidays, birthday presents etcetc.

I also have a record of all my expenditure every day (more or less :D )

also invest like crazy; although it's high risk that i go for.

since i do have a larger term outlook, eg, by age xx, i wish to have xxx dollars in my account etcetc.

And usually (when i was working, just quit haha), i'll hold down more than one job at a time. One full time, and a couple of part time jobs.

Basically, it's balancing of income and outgo (love that term!) for me. If i find myself overspending--as happens sometimes :blush: --i'll try to make up for it by saving more the next months, or by trying to earn more, so that overall budget is not affected.

it's the dang P that always ruins it though. impulse buys at times. But i don't regret it though. what's the point of money if it can't make the ones around you happy. :D