• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Cognitive Function Results - INFPs

Standuble

I've done so many of these tests (silly things.) This is the one just produced.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (27.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.8)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.9)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************ (48.1)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know what my type is, but the result said most likely INFP so I"ll post my results under here. I really don't like this test though. The questions seemed hard to understand, were not applicable much of the time, and had sucky wording.

"Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.2)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************* (19)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.2)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.1)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISTJ

================
What is up with some of these questions though? I really despise them and how they are worded. Look at the FAQ to boot: "The words used in the phrases do not have specific definitions. They were chosen for psychological appeal (they "sound good" to the right people even when the exact meaning or intent seems unclear.)", "If you have an issue with a phrase's construction, such as whether the word "always" is logically possible,then consider the phrase may not be for you." "Some sentence phrasing allows for multiple meanings. This is deliberate. Some people are very comfortable with the ambiguity of multiple potential meanings while others are not. Your response to multiple meanings is one aspect of cognition that is being assessed." and "Many questionnaires work best by presenting phrases out of context;"
  • Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future.
  • Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.
  • Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort. (???)
  • Concisely reference multiple frameworks at once while problem solving. (???)
  • Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly. (in what context - prefer to or when learning first? seriously bad wording)
  • Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen. (engage in what way?)
  • Follow a straight line of reasoning. (Is this them trying to test if you are logical? Because you can get there with non linear forms of reasoning that in the end lead to a straight line)
  • Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts. (Because people really bring up random crap into other's conversations)
  • Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works. (Physically? In my head? I really hate the wording here. I don't physically take things apart in my head or not but I do ask questions to isolate features of something and see how it works)
===============
So I decided to take this test a second time, really paying attention to what each question was asking me and got this result....

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.4)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (41)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************** (20)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (35.3)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.7)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.3)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

This just looks odd.

OyMBj.png

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've taken this test a few times in different moods. The wording of the Fi and Si questions is really good in my eyes for some reason, it's made me an istj before.

estp's and enfjs beware! The Fe and Se questions frankly suck. It makes Fe look like these fluffball martyrs (compassionately taking on others needs as your own! Feeling responsible for the well being of others!!) and Se's look like 80's rockstars (Experiencing the exciting thrill of the moment! Reading visual cues to find out just how far you can go!) I don't know how many Fe or Se doms relate to those but they are a bit on the intense side.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.5)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************************** (40.6)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.4)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.5)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************* (13.3)
unused
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.5)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.6)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile (Fi/Si/Ne/Ni/Te/Se/Fe/Ti)

(secondary enfp or istj)
(also, yes, I know, I'm not THAT introverted, there is an E function in my dom or aux and not all piled up in the back.)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just found my results on this test from when I was 14 years old, it's funny how different they are from now. and that I thought I was an ENTP for a minute :doh:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.1)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.5)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.3)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.3)

Becks

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.8)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.6)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12.5)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.3)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************************** (42.3)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.1)
good use

Um, apparently I'm not using everything. Anyone know how I can start using the two functions I apparently don't use? Are there benefits to using them?:shrug:

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Um, apparently I'm not using everything. Anyone know how I can start using the two functions I apparently don't use? Are there benefits to using them?:shrug:

Since those two functions are Se and Te, you probably have never been in a life situation over a long period of time where you felt a need to be competitive with people/situations that made extensive use of those two functions, which can be very mechanical and inhuman when viewed through the lens of an intuitive feeler. Although it is common for someone who types as INFP to not make good use of those two functions, you will suffer a severe handicap in many life situations if your brain cannot adapt to think in that manner when the need is there. Perhaps getting some new Se dom or Te dom friends would be a good idea?
Are you a very young person? There are benefits to not using certain functions...the brain has limited bandwidth for any sort of thinking of any style, so not using certain styles/having certain values will naturally lend to your brain adopting certain various other strengths. You should read up on the functions Se and Te to see what it is you could be missing out on. Likely your Fi has not expanded to the point where it sees the inherent value of those sorts of mental structures, or perhaps you are just naturally an extreme intuitive, with such high use of both Ni and Ne and Fi and Fe.

Mine:
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.7)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.7)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.8)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.8)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.9)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile

Becks

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Although it is common for someone who types as INFP to not make good use of those two functions, you will suffer a severe handicap in many life situations if your brain cannot adapt to think in that manner when the need is there. Perhaps getting some new Se dom or Te dom friends would be a good idea?

What kinds of life situations? Sometimes I feel very handicapped, lol. I'm not too young but not too old - 31. Unfortunately, making friends is not my strong point...the friends I have I'm very close to, but I've never been much of a social butterfly.

jinks

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
typed me as INFJ but I'm very definitely INFP. almost equal Ni/Ne and Fi/Fe though. I really don't think much of online tests for MBTI but hadn't seen a cognitive functions one before!

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16.3)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.3)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.4)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.6)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.6)
good use