• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Cognitive Function Results - INFJs

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My data sucks, feel free to ignore. It says ENTP, so maybe it's right. But I didn't score like most ENTPs (High Se, slightly lower Fe than Si, sometimes more Ti than Ne and highish Fi). I am poor at self-evaluation tests and always score too high on everything. It's probably because I have no Fi.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.5)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************* (49.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.4)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.7)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.7)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************** (15.9)
unused

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP
If not, consider: INTP or ENFJ

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do find this interesting, as I would expect to get a very similar typical pattern of results. (My raw scores might differ a bit to yours, but they only really illustrate trends/preferences anyway, it's not as though they're inherently quantifiable. ;) I differ with myself on that basis too!) The only real difference is that I would expect to consistently score higher on Si and lower on Se than you.

I've taken the cog. processes test so many times over the past couple of years.... Ni, Fi, and Ne are pretty much always in the top three, with Si at the bottom, and the scores for the other four do tend to flip flop and vary whenever I take the test - not significantly, though. Fe I think has always been below 30, as has Te, but every now and then Ti or Se goes above 30.

Heh, I hover around a similar conclusion to this, presumably for similar reasons. :) It seems to drive people crazy when they're trying to work out "What type" I am in MBTI terms though! Do you feel that you identify with INFJ as your type overall, despite your reservations?

When I interact with INFJ's in real life, yes, I think it's the best fit for me. I have so much in common with other INFJ's. On the other hand, I get along well with the few INTJ's I've known too; I find their perspectives/approach perfectly reasonable, and am not sure we differ all that much except for maybe presentation of ideas/self (which one could argue would be an aspect of the Te/Fe difference).

Personally I feel that I'm quite aware of what I "do" and how that correlates with function theory, but am not necessarily comfortable trying to match those tendencies with a specific MBTI type (because I don't have a personal need to identify with one, and I don't seem to fulfil enough purely objective criteria to fit one). Hence my tendency to give anything but a straightforward answer if someone asks!

haha! Well, I feel like I have pretty good self awareness and know who I am, but yeah, it can be hard to match that up with one and only one type. When it comes to type descriptions, frankly I don't relate hugely to the INFJ descriptions (I don't feel as.. virtuous/people-oriented as described) - whereas in my early 20's I remember thinking the INTJ profile descriptions were totally me. I think I'm kind of an even mix of people-bent and systems-bent, honestly. But in the end, I too am to a point where I don't particularly care anymore what I am - mbti hasn't helped me a whole lot regarding growth or anything - it's merely put names to things, which can be helpful in discussion, but at the same time can convolute things at times. I leave INFJ as my type on here mostly because people on HERE think that's what I am. :) And, that's fine by me. (And, as I said above, I don't have a particularly great reason for thinking I'm not an INFJ - I'm just a peculiar breed, being 5w4 and pretty introverted on the introversion scale) I've often thought mbti is more 'useful' when trying to type others and then working on relationships with others based on what one thinks those others' types are, rather than it being 'useful' for self-knowledge.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've often thought mbti is more 'useful' when trying to type others and then working on relationships with others based on what one thinks those others' types are, rather than it being 'useful' for self-knowledge.

I resonate with that. When I first found out my MBTI/INFJ professions list, it hit me over the head, because I had already done many of them. More than anything, just confirming what I already know to be true, and revealing more strengths to build on that I didn't realize I should attempt. Now that I've studied up on my own type and am content with it, it's become a hobby typing others with INFJ's NI FE to gain even more knowledge about the people around me so I can better understand them.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20.3)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.6)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.5)
average use

The thing Ive noticed about Fe is that the definition that is used relates better to certain enneagram types or just SFJ or EFJ types. 'Group harmony~~~!' is a secondary thing to work for for an INFJ. We can feel the disharmony, but unless we feel the need to fix it we would rather just distance ourselves from the situation. We work better one person at a time, and that is where our Fe is used the best.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********** (10.1)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.3)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.6)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.5)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************** (44.6)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.6)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ, or ENFP

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************* (33.6)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12.4)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.7)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.8)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I have such an un-INFJ profile...

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.1)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******** (8.7)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.9)
average use

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
None of my results remotely fit INFJ, although I'm pretty comfortably sure that I am that. According to the test I am a Fi dom, have limited use of Ni, lots of Ne and limited use of Fe and Ti. I get different results every time I take the test too.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
None of my results remotely fit INFJ, although I'm pretty comfortably sure that I am that. According to the test I am a Fi dom, have limited use of Ni, lots of Ne and limited use of Fe and Ti. I get different results every time I take the test too.

I found the test itself to be a bit maddening - I couldn't figure out what several of the questions were even asking. It also occurs to me that it requires the test taker to be able to make determinations about their own thought processes, which I think inevitably leads to distortion. For example, I really don't think that I use Ne to the extent that my results suggest, and certainly not more than I use Ni, which is truly my dominant function. I think instead that I just happen to NOTICE when I use Ne because it results in a notable "aha" moment that sticks with me longer. In contrast, I use Ni almost constantly so it's hard for me to even identify it as a specific cognitive process. It's just there, if that makes sense.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Well I am going to chime in.. Why are a lot these results not INFJ function results?
I have spoken to at least one INFJ, every day for over two years now.
I have been very close to a few INFJs , including romantically.
I observe INFJs for fun

SO Please believe me when I say .. It's not the test.. It' not everyone else. It's you.

For all your incredible insight, piercing observations and near flawless open minded interpretations of things and people around you, most of you are in complete denial about yourselves.

Just my two cents.

Love ya's all :)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well I am going to chime in.. Why are a lot these results not INFJ function results?
I observe INFJs for fun

SO Please believe me when I say .. It's not the test.. It' not everyone else. It's you.

For all your incredible insight, piercing observations and near flawless open minded interpretations of things and people around you, most of you are in complete denial about yourselves.

Just my two cents.

Love ya's all :)
Disclaimer: I am not an INFJ spokesperson by any stretch of the imagination but I agree with Arclight. Maybe it's just because I have been having these self-evaluation problems lately and so I am determined to blame it on type, but it does seem consistent with what I have heard about INFJs.

It's so frustrating, I can't see myself objectively (Need to develop Se/Ti?)! It took me long enough to realize that, and I still don't fully realize the extent to my blindness. I kept taking the test and getting the same wrong result, and finally I realized it was my fault. But I don't know how to fight it, at all. I keep groping around blindly in the dark and in my frustration, I try to blame it on some external factor. But it's me. Sometimes I wish everyone who knew me told me every flaw I have or misdeed I have done, so I could get some sort of reliable picture of myself. I am having shadow issues, and I don't know how to shed light on them.

ARGH! Inarticulate rage!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Arclight

I observe INFJs for fun

Just my two cents.

Sounds like an ENFP comment, in my opinion :cheese: but it's true. for me it stems from no being able to understand myself. My personal boundaries aren't as rigid as other people's so I get what I view about other people mixed up with how I view myself. It's Fe.

How many of those INFJs were female? There seems to be quite a difference between Male/Female INFJs.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I found the test itself to be a bit maddening - I couldn't figure out what several of the questions were even asking. It also occurs to me that it requires the test taker to be able to make determinations about their own thought processes, which I think inevitably leads to distortion. For example, I really don't think that I use Ne to the extent that my results suggest, and certainly not more than I use Ni, which is truly my dominant function. I think instead that I just happen to NOTICE when I use Ne because it results in a notable "aha" moment that sticks with me longer. In contrast, I use Ni almost constantly so it's hard for me to even identify it as a specific cognitive process. It's just there, if that makes sense.

I've always had a problem with these cognitive function tests. I've wondered before if maybe- the way Ni makes things implode with different possible meanings- difficulty with answering the questions might be Ni related. And from the looks of this thread (confusion with the questions, test results being all over the place- moreso than other types' threads), there might be something to that- though the INTJs don't seem to have the same problem. It might be something specific to the way Fe unpacks Ni information, maybe the way Te does it leaves less ambiguity with language? Dunno.

Also, and I saw this mentioned in one of the other types' threads by someone else, the Ni questions suck. They're phrased in such a way that it seem like the question is about mystical characteristics. And I, for one, actually get annoyed by the association between Ni and mystical powers (that association discredits Ni insight, imo). When I take a cognitive functions test, I can recognize the questions about Ni and re-shape them to be about something not mystical. In other words: I can totally see how other Ni doms might take this test and get low Ni scores.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my everchanging results from 2010

Winter
Ni - 37.4
Fe - 33.5
Si - 29.5
Ne - 29.4
Ti - 28.5
Fi - 28.4
Te - 28.4
Se - 25.5

Ni - 39.9
Ne - 35.9
Fe - 31.1
Fi - 30
Si - 28.1
Te - 26.9
Ti - 25.7
Se - 22.8

Summer
Ni - 39.2
Fe - 36.6
Ne - 35.3
Fi - 33.4
Te - 30.2
Si - 26.6
Ti - 22.9
Se - 16

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
Sometimes I wish everyone who knew me told me every flaw I have or misdeed I have done, so I could get some sort of reliable picture of myself. I am having shadow issues, and I don't know how to shed light on them.

It seems just as, or perhaps more, likely that a reliable picture of yourself would be more positive than you assume. I think we tend to be pretty hard on ourselves.

But yeah, I have no idea how people perceive me. I always feel like I'm playing that game where everyone holds a playing card face up on their forehead, so you can see everyone else's value but not your own.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I found my results change significantly over time as well.

Sometimes I wonder what will happen if we ask people who know us well and have them answer the questions for us based on their impression of who we are. If you take an average from say 5-6 people... would that be a better reflection of who we are?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Sounds like an ENFP comment, in my opinion :cheese: but it's true. for me it stems from no being able to understand myself. My personal boundaries aren't as rigid as other people's so I get what I view about other people mixed up with how I view myself. It's Fe.

How many of those INFJs were female? There seems to be quite a difference between Male/Female INFJs.

Almost all of them were females.. Yes It's very possible I am an ENFP.. My own function results from this test were.. Fe,Ni,Fi,Ne
I am an intuitive feeler.. we know that much..

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think it is interesting to hear that many INFJs say tha they don't feel like they have an accurate perception of themselves. i know for me that a lot of my own self-perceptions are rooted in what people mirror back to me. Over the years, I've just averaged all of the images together to come up with a basic overall impression.

I agree about the questions. I found myself interpreting them in one of several very different ways, that would change my answer from one end of the spectrum to the other. I wished there was someone that I could ask to clarify some of it.

I also identify with what you said Z Buck about Ni. I don't see my Ni as being mystical at all. I don't get a lot of premonitions or have ESP like episodes.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree about the questions. I found myself interpreting them in one of several very different ways, that would change my answer from one end of the spectrum to the other. I wished there was someone that I could ask to clarify some of it.

Yeah, a more specific context for practically any of those questions could throw my answer to one extreme or the other. It's like answering the question "Do you like the color blue?" It's completely relative: I love it for some things, strongly dislike it for others. So I end up answering 'somewhat me' for most of them. As a result, overall, I usually don't feel like I've answered anything about myself for these tests- as if I've only answered by not answering, if that makes sense. And as I stated earlier, maybe that's the point, but I just don't see how that can yield a very accurate assessment.