• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Noboby Can Piss Me Off Quite Like An ENFP

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And Kalach does not have a point about ENFPs having integrity. He was making a joke inasmuch as this thread's eponymous "ENFP" has caused distress upset irritation for ThatGirl by refusing to alter a judgment, and since such a refusal has at least the form of "integrity", being as it is a resistance to external influence, then we have here a humorous juxtaposition of some sort. But I forget what sort.

ah, sorry i misunderstood you. :doh:

but, lol, i see your point.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
If that was integrity, people need to increase the quality of the principles they stand on.

Well, "integrity" is a double-edged cushion, isn't it. On the one hand, one maintains a position, but on the other hand, one maintains a position. The first hand rests in the subjective world where maintaining a position is pretty much all one has to go on and is by definition a virtue. The second hand waves in the outside world where positions are a dime a dozen and maintaining just one means denying many others. So there's the person, perched on a position pillow, a cheek in one world and cheek in the other. On which cheek should she lean heaviest?

EDIT: *sigh* that doesn't make any sense, does it? Ass typology is what I want to call it. Instead of MBTI, one looks at asses and gets a type. But every type has two cheeks, which in this case are judgment functions, so how does one emphasize one cheek more than the other? If ass integrity correlates choosing one cheek over another with Fe and Fi, then the test works. But it won't work. Hypothetically, tertiary Fi types will choose subjective ass cheek, and tertiary Fe types with choose objective. But it's confused by every type also wanting to choose the other cheek. It's like the Jesus complex of ass typology.

Ah well. It would have been great though. Because typology workshops use booklets to encourage understanding, and the booklets include words for, I guess, the verbal people, but they have pictures too. I don't know exactly how the ass typology books would look, but it seems like a good idea anyway.

I shall search the internet for examples.

rav3n

Well, "integrity" is a double-edged cushion, isn't it. On the one hand, one maintains a position, but on the other hand, one maintains a position. The first hand rests in the subjective world where maintaining a position is pretty much all one has to go on and is by definition a virtue. The second hand waves in the outside world where positions are a dime a dozen and maintaining just one means denying many others. So there's the person, perched on a position pillow, a cheek in one world and cheek in the other. On which cheek should she lean heaviest?
This needs an emphasis drum roll!

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm sorry, it turns out there's more. See, quite by accident it happens that ass cheeks are judgment functions, one in the outer world, naked and exposed to the elements, and the other in the inner world, clothed, protected, coddled even. They had jeans like this in the 70s. But consider, what is a person if not the judicious meeting of both functions? A person is a complex whole, a central middle space between overlapping extremes. Ass typology may have just to be forced upon the world of psychology if only for the proof it entails that people are, quite literally, assholes.

It also contains an easy to understand metaphor for growth and development. For it seems obvious that one shouldn't emphasize one cheek over another. One needs balance.

I worry however that there is no sense of intrinsic value. It seems poor sport to wander the world asking only what kind of asshole are you.

rav3n

Message, turn the other cheek, greater good. Fe. Not objective.
Message, be true to self. Fi. Not objective.
Balance. Why?
Boxes? Limiting.

Bombardment of messages, most conflicting. Subjectivity of values. Values = learned.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Message, turn the other cheek, greater good. Fe. Not objective.
Message, be true to self. Fi. Not objective.

Well no. I grant the possibility that Fe and Fi are together the whole of the ass, but no, that's not the idea. One cheek for thinking, the other for feeling.

Balance. Why?

Oh, see how all the systems come together! It's good for your spine! Balance is good for your spine! This mystery continues to unfold in a most compelling way. It was whatsisname, Beebe, who first talked of the spine of the consciousness. Man, typology so is an unconscious fascination with ass.

Boxes? Limiting.

Well, see, now that I don't know about. Ass boxes. Is that some kind of sports apparel? Personally I very much look forward to finding out about the shadows of the ass.

Bombardment of messages, most conflicting. Subjectivity of values. Values = learned.

Pffft. You're just playing now.

rav3n

Well no. I grant the possibility that Fe and Fi are together the whole of the ass, but no, that's not the idea. One cheek for thinking, the other for feeling.
Wholely different concept (say that out loud).
Oh, see how all the systems come together! It's good for your spine! Balance is good for your spine! This mystery continues to unfold in a most compelling way. It was whatsisname, Beebe, who first talked of the spine of the consciousness. Man, typology so is an unconscious fascination with ass.
Why is balance so compelling? Define why the need for balance without ying/yang, without concrete terms nuanced by falling down/propped up. Or is it simply a state of group think, to understanding, to acceptance/alignment, instead of ostracisation?
Well, see, now that I don't know about. Ass boxes. Is that some kind of sports apparel? Personally I very much look forward to finding out about the shadows of the ass.
The greater the ass, the greater the shadow.
Pffft. You're just playing now.
Ha...perma pot, kettle, black! ;)

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Why is balance so compelling?

It's not, per se. It's just that all the conceptual developments of Jungian typology, and all the usual uses of the theories too, they all seem to fall so neatly into an ass meta-narrative.

I think it's clear, Jung was some kind of back door man. But it's really only the people unwilling to take responsibility for their own judgment and grasp firmly their own preferences who would ridicule him for that.

rav3n

Fah, Mr. Ni! Always a multi-layered pleasure.

*taps Kalach with her fan*

:)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:rofl1:

great, i now associate jung and dung via more than rhyming

rav3n

So this is what happens when you mix Ne-prim with Te-tert! Random connections that flow to end product. :laugh:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ad hominem!

Cognitive assonance is nothing you should fear.