• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Cognitive Function Results - ENFJs

H

Hate

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.9)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.9)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.4)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or ISTP

-

These are the results from my last test and these probably better resemble the results that I normally get. I usually get Ni dominant with Ti always close behind. Then always Fe and Se close behind that. I can actually notice that I make little use of Si and Te though. But perhaps on the test this time around I just answered the Si/Te questions lower than usual which made the other scores a lot higher.

But I can honestly say that yes, my Ti is extremely well developed. Life circumstances forced me to develop strong Ti. I've also had to spend a lot of time in solitude where it was pretty much the only thing that I focused on. I saw you were a similar case with your results. You have extremely well developed Fi because life circumstances led you to develop it strongly... and most people would be surprised to see your Fi is that high and might not believe it, but you yourself know it's accurate. Well I'm the same way with Ti...

You said that a lot of F's test low T results, which is true, but I'm definitely not the normal 'F' I can tell you that for sure. My T/F are pretty much balanced. Also take into account that I'm enneagram 8w7, not a lot of F's will be that type either. So you're correct in saying that I'm an extreme case because I am. (I also have a hard time relating to other male F's in here.)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Great article! Sounds like I've been trying to get in touch with my shadow function...I just didn't know it.

I totally agree with the concept that the shadow functions are neglected aspect of self. In my personal development, Fe was far more useful than Fi so I never really developed and downright neglected Fi. Funny enough, in order to work on integrating the functions one of the methods I used (and still do) is mindfulness meditation. The article speaks about how Buddhist mindfulness is theoretically linked to integrating the shadow self into the personality...hey guess what theory tested and its working :) Of course, I never thought of it as integrating my shadow functions, I thought of it as emotional awareness. But better put, I would say that emotional awareness is the process of acknowledging the shadow functions and integration is acceptance (rather than rejection) of those functions to create a more harmonious self.

Would you say this is similar to your thoughts? Do you have more insight? Maybe you should start that thread?:newwink:

Yes, that is very much in line with what I've come up with before.

But here's a new insight I just thought of while reading your post: I was previously somewhat concerned concerned about the idea of integration, cuz, what if we actually cause problems for ourselves by integrating our shadow? I mean, might it not confuse you, or screw you up, and possibly cause you to lose some of your individuality by essentially shifting your dominant function from on attitude to another (for you, from Fe to Fi; for me, from Ni to Ne)? It took me long enough to get really good at using my Ni -- knowing how to listen to it, and keep an open mind to its postulations, but not necessarily buy into them just because they're bubbling up from under the surface -- so might it not be detrimental to just throw away all that work I put in to learning to use it well to just switch over to using Ne instead...? It's a bit worrisome, cuz it takes you out of your "comfort zone", your area of greatest strength and expertise, and throws you into a perspective which is much more unwieldy for you... would you say you went through something like this? And, if so, how did it feel, and what was it like? How did you respond in order to best deal with it?

Hmmm... maybe I will make this thread... :thinking:

G

Glycerine

So will you be making a thread about the patterns you've noticed across the board? I find this quite interesting.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.9)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.9)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.4)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or ISTP

-

These are the results from my last test and these probably better resemble the results that I normally get. I usually get Ni dominant with Ti always close behind. Then always Fe and Se close behind that. I can actually notice that I make little use of Si and Te though. But perhaps on the test this time around I just answered the Si/Te questions lower than usual which made the other scores a lot higher.

But I can honestly say that yes, my Ti is extremely well developed. Life circumstances forced me to develop strong Ti. I've also had to spend a lot of time in solitude where it was pretty much the only thing that I focused on. I saw you were a similar case with your results. You have extremely well developed Fi because life circumstances led you to develop it strongly... and most people would be surprised to see your Fi is that high and might not believe it, but you yourself know it's accurate. Well I'm the same way with Ti...

You said that a lot of F's test low T results, which is true, but I'm definitely not the normal 'F' I can tell you that for sure. My T/F are pretty much balanced. Also take into account that I'm enneagram 8w7, not a lot of F's will be that type either. So you're correct in saying that I'm an extreme case because I am. (I also have a hard time relating to other male F's in here.)

Cool, cool.

So do you think you're an INFJ or ENFJ?

You seem pretty extroverted to me, but, then again, people often mistake me for an extrovert, both online and irl...

Looking at these second results, I realize I hadn't thought of something when looking at your first ones: you could have be extensively using your auxiliary loop (Ni+Ti).

Especially for someone who was in your situation, I could see how they could develop their Ti like that.

It could also make you look like more of an INFJ on these kinds of tests (based on functional strength, as opposed to functional order).

(Check out question #3 below for more on this topic...)

It would be like throwing me into an environment where I'd have to use a lot of Se.

I might engage my aux loop (Te+Se), and so much so I might look more like an ENTJ, or even an ESFP.

Nevertheless, in person, I'd probably seem more just like a somewhat introverted ENTJ, or extroverted INTJ.

Kinda like your results showing as an INFJ, but you really being an ENFJ.

Very interesting...

It all makes a good deal of sense.

So, a couple questions:

1. Do you think Ti is actually your new dominant function?

2. If not, what do you think is your dominant function?

3. If Fe, why do you think it didn't score as your top function on this test? Problem with the wording of the Fe prompts on the test? Perhaps your Fe is dominant (you seem like a pretty friendly, affable guy to me), but you've just consciously worked a lot on developing your other functions (Ti, especially), and so those might show up as "stronger" or "more developed", but Fe is still always running there in the background, as your genuine dominant function?

4. Do you think your Ti is as highly developed as that of an INTP or ENTP, or do you just think it's highly developed for an ENFJ, but still not as developed as it would be in your average NTP?
I gotta say: you ENFJs are throwing up some really interesting results...

I always thought your functional stacking was the oddest of any type...

And now you guys are adding even stranger permutations to an already odd mixture...

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
So will you be making a thread about the patterns you've noticed across the board? I find this quite interesting.

:laugh:

I'm kinda wondering that myself...

I was kinda planning on stopping using typeC in the New Year, though...

(Hence, why I've been using it so much lately...)

And this would certainly require my attention for much more than just today...

I dunno, we'll see... I do find the topic interesting, and it's sort of a culmination of my work here...

I kinda feel like this is what I have been intending to do the whole time, so...

:thinking:

Last edited:

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Well, Z, if you are leaving in the New Year, there are two and a half hours left in this time zone, so here are my results. I've tested as all sorts of types over the years, by the way. Some test I took the other day gave ENFJ so I'm posting here. And I was surprised to see that this test gave the same result. For once I got two in a row the same. :)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************* (13.1)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.2)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.1)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************************** (41.7)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

H

Hate

So do you think you're an INFJ or ENFJ?

I’m a hundred percent sure I’m ENFJ. I’m just a street bred high Ti one. The only times things will change are on functions tests, but my four primary ENFJ functions always remain consistent, just different strengths and different orders.

75% of the time functions tests will say INFJ. On the rare occasion that I do test ISTP, it will only be because my Se tested higher than Fe at that given time. If I were to just break it down by letters it would also be consistently ENFJ. I’m far more extroverted than introverted and far more intuitive than sensor… And slightly more FJ than TP. I’ve never been uncertain about my type.

1. Do you think Ti is actually your new dominant function?

I’ve been wondering this lately, but after thinking about the Ti doms that I know and about how they’re primary mode of being is, I would have to say no. I’m definitely Ni dominant, but can switch to Ti when need be. In my normal state Ti seems to run some kind of odd auxiliary position trying to make sense of everything Ni is feeding me.

I know what it feels like to have Fe operating as my dominant function because I can see how it would play out when I was younger, but I think I found Ni to be more useful and comfortable so it took over as my dominant. That will probably always be followed by Ti now though because my Ti is highly developed and it has to try and make sense of everything. Everything has to be filtered and processed through Ti now… and I’m most comfortable viewing things through Ni. I’m guessing extended periods of solitude led me to retreat further into my introverted functions as well.

Whether Ni+Ti is always considered a negative loop, I’m not sure, all I know is that it works for me. My Fe is something that comes naturally easy now, so I think that’s why I’m able to shut it off with little effort. I think I’m able to do this though because it’s pretty balanced out with Fi not being too far behind in strength. So it allows me to not be the typical Fe zombie that other Fe dom/auxs can end up being.

What I think I do have though is some kind of STP way of functioning that I switch back and forth from. Because since the STP shares the same functions as myself, all I’m really doing is just rearranging my four primary functions into a different order. I can see how this developed over time. Spending a lot of time on the streets when I was younger, my tert and inferior function combinations of Ti+Se and Se+Ti were often more necessary for survival. So that’s how I was forced to develop my tert and inferior functions.

Not to mention criminal activity on the streets seems to promote very ESTP like behavior. So I seem to have this mode I switch from where my functions will reverse and I’ll become ISTP. Then depending on the situation I can switch to Se+Ti and do things like an ESTP. It’s kind of like I’ve had to develop my four functions so strongly that I can easily arrange my processes to switch from NFJ to STP while still remaining ENFJ as my core type.

4. Do you think your Ti is as highly developed as that of an INTP or ENTP, or do you just think it's highly developed for an ENFJ, but still not as developed as it would be in your average NTP?

My former best friend and partner in crime that I hung out with nearly every day for more than a decade was ENTP. The strength of our Ti was pretty much identical, but just different methods because my Ti is tied to Se. I’m a Ti monster now. So I can say with certainty that my Ti is going to be on the same level or better than the average STP. ExTPs are actually the type that I click with the easiest… both IRL and on this forum.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.7)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************* (37.3)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.4)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.2)
good use

introverted Thinking (Ti) *********** (11)
unused

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************************** (42.6)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.1)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Last edited:

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Yes, that is very much in line with what I've come up with before.

But here's a new insight I just thought of while reading your post: I was previously somewhat concerned concerned about the idea of integration, cuz, what if we actually cause problems for ourselves by integrating our shadow? I mean, might it not confuse you, or screw you up, and possibly cause you to lose some of your individuality by essentially shifting your dominant function from on attitude to another (for you, from Fe to Fi; for me, from Ni to Ne)? It took me long enough to get really good at using my Ni -- knowing how to listen to it, and keep an open mind to its postulations, but not necessarily buy into them just because they're bubbling up from under the surface -- so might it not be detrimental to just throw away all that work I put in to learning to use it well to just switch over to using Ne instead...? It's a bit worrisome, cuz it takes you out of your "comfort zone", your area of greatest strength and expertise, and throws you into a perspective which is much more unwieldy for you... would you say you went through something like this? And, if so, how did it feel, and what was it like? How did you respond in order to best deal with it?

Hmmm... maybe I will make this thread... :thinking:

My realization was precipitated by a series of traumatic events, so it hit me hard and fast. Saying I was a mess would be an understatement. As you said, I had the whole Fe thing down to a science. At the risk of sounding full of myself, I was the golden girl - well-liked, popular, a successful business owner, the go-to girl amongst my friends (a whole boat-lead of 'em), physically fit, fashionable...typical enfj stuff. I knew how to do that and was damn good at it. When things happened - the economy crashed, my business screeched to a halt and my relationship ended, and I suddenly wasn't the golden girl. All of a sudden, I felt like a looser. I had to reevaluate my measure of success as a human being.

I was pretty rotten at it. I went from rarely thinking about my internal world to obsessing about it. I was in a state of analysis paralysis for over a year. I went from rarely expressing my own needs to snapping at people and aggressively accusing people of being selfish. It was disastrous. Lucky for me I have a good group of friends who put up with all my crap and helped me get through it. I'm back to feeling normal now and really think in spite of everything, this has been good for me. I think I am becoming a much more balanced human being with a much more stable sense of self.

I wish I could comment more on your Ne v Ni, but I am still learning about all of this. How would the difference in Ne V Ni manifest itself?

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.4)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************* (21.5)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.7)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.1)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.8)
excellent use

It typed me as ISFJ.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.4)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (41.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********* (10)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************************** (42.6)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (35.5)
good use

I'm a 4w3 sx/so type with a nearly balanced E/I axis. I test alternately as an INFJ and ENFJ, though I know that I'm not an INFJ. The 4w3 explains this split to me. I'm a very introverted E.

My Se has improved. I chalk that up to needing a great deal of stress relief and exercise lately, and also I think it channels through my sx-dominant nature. There have been several things going on that have heightened my physical awareness.

Stacking: Fe/Ni, Fi, Ne, Se, Si, Ti, Te

Juice, I sink immediately into xSTP shadow mode when under protracted or acute strain. I was forced to be around an extremely unhealthy ENFJ and I just *submarined*. It was startling and uncontrollable. Even my sister remarked on it later, that she'd never seen me do that before so strongly and immediately. All I know is I went into a primal sort of altered state and stayed there until his sorry behind was GONE.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I wish I could comment more on your Ne v Ni, but I am still learning about all of this. How would the difference in Ne V Ni manifest itself?

When I slip into my ENTP shadow, it's usually only because I've been working an all nighter, or because I'm out on an all night rager.

It could, alternately, be described as me "plunging into the inferior" even, and turning into an ESFP (this is what Domino called going into her STP "shadow").

(A third explanation also exists, which is me just shifting into my auxiliary loop [Te+Se] and looking something like an ENTJ in his dominant loop [Te+Se], but I think that's actually a far more common phenomenon, and isn't what's going on in these cases when I either go into my shadow ENTP or inferior ESFP. My girlfriend has seen the phenomenon enough times herself, and we've discussed all three possibilities, and she thinks its probably the ENTP explanation, because it annoys the shit out of her in a way that is very similar to how ENTPs rub her the wrong way.)

I get much more extroverted, to the point that I am really just a full blown extrovert, not just an extroverted introvert (like I usually am), I no longer seem to be engaging in introverted perception (this is a major part of it), but am instead engaging in extroverted perception (either Ne or Se), probably as my new "dominant" function, and then my judging functions seems to likely go introverted (Ti or Fi), as I stop giving a damn about external categories/criteria of judgment and just start shooting off at the mouth about whatever the fuck I think about something, as if I could say and speak no wrong, for every word that leaves my mouth is a glorious gift from God.

You really start seeing that narcissism that is so often attributed to ENPs (EPs?), and I get really good at approaching women (the lack of external judging criteria seems to just loosen and open me up, takes away hesitation that would normally be experienced and need to be combated). I turn into this fast-talking, quick-reacting, witty character, who's probably using Ne to come up with all kinds of different (pertinent) shit to say and then just shooting off from my mouth as if I could only speak truth via Ti (likewise, this could just be Se and Fi -- but I doubt it). Whatever's going on, I end up having a great time pretty much every time I do this. If I'm not single at the time, and my girlfriend happens to be with me, she tends to find me obnoxious (I've experienced this with two different girlfriends, both EFPs [one might be ENFJ]).

Oh, and I also seem to have an infinite source of energy, which is part of the reason why I think I actually go into this mode when I'm gunna either be partying for a long time, or when I'm working for a really long time; it seems my psyche knows that my normal mode does not operate in a way that will allow me to successfully get through the coming experience, so it automatically knows to switch to this alternate mode that is much more capable of fostering the energy that will be needed to get through the night. I almost feel the switch, and feel the energy flow (I would suppose this is "libido") from predominantly inwards, to predominantly outwards. It's rather fascinating.

Since I'm going off on this, I might as well mention my last observation surrounding this phenomenon: I have made this switch in my dreams. I specifically remember one dream (it may have happened multiples times, I can't remember), in which I turn into what I could only call "Zach Morris" mode, and everyone I'm talking to is reacting to me as such. It is not my normal mode of being, but, for whatever reason, it does feel somewhat in my nature; it's almost as if it's the yin to my yang, the counterpoint, and, as such, is actually part of myself; so long as I switch the "polarity", or direction of energy flow, this is who I can become. They're actually extremely pleasant dreams, and they feel more or less identical to the reality that I live out when I'm on these all night ragers, or pulling an all-nighter at the office.

:cheese:

Neutralpov

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.7)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.8)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************************** (47.2)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.8)
average use

took this before and my Fi was strong also. Must have been using it and deciding my values then!

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
So Zarathustra,

So it sounds like those attributes are parts of your personality that lie dormant until there is a catalyst to engage them and then they go back into a stage of dormancy once the catalyst is no longer a factor (drinking, stress, etc). So the question is, do you think it would be possible for you to integrate those inferior functions into your everyday person? Would you want to?

I've actually had conversations with a friend of mine regarding how some people's personalities seem to take a 180 when drinking while others seems to remain largely the same, the just seem to be a bit of a characture of their sober selves. In looking at the people we knew, we came up with a theory that people who seemed the most secure, self-aware and non-perfectionistic, and uncensored in their communications with others while sober seemed to be less apt to have a personality shift when drinking, while those who were more self-conscious, self-censoring, and perfectionistic seem more likely to shift personalities. Basically we thought that those who sought to suppress parts of their personality (consciously or unconsciously) that didn't jive with the face they want to present to the world (and perhaps themselves) were more likely to engage in this kind of behavior. This seems to correlate with the shadow function theory. What do you think?

G

Glycerine

:laugh:

I'm kinda wondering that myself...

I was kinda planning on stopping using typeC in the New Year, though...

(Hence, why I've been using it so much lately...)

And this would certainly require my attention for much more than just today...

I dunno, we'll see... I do find the topic interesting, and it's sort of a culmination of my work here...

I kinda feel like this is what I have been intending to do the whole time, so...

:thinking:

Sorry for not responding for a week... I was on a trip. Haha, I guess that's the Ni talking about the patterns. If you do decide to do it, it will most likely be a wonderful contribution to the forum.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
What Jo and Zar and talking about really has me wondering..

I never test as an E .. no matter what the next 3 letters come up as.. that "I" has remained 100% consistent.

SO I am wondering.. Looking back over my life I have noticed a pattern.. That I become much more "other" people friendly and engaging when I am single.
Once I am in a secure LTR I tend to withdraw from the general population(and even my friends) in order to interact more with, and save my energy for my partner.

Is being more extroverted just a "pick up" line???

Thinking......:thinking:

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I think perhaps the question is, do you want to be more extroverted during the times you engage in introverted behavior? If the introverted behavior is a matter of feeling like you don't have the tools to engage in exroverted behavior (e.g. you worry what people will think of you, you are self concious during conversation, your afraid to talk to people at a party) vs you want to be less social becuase you enjoy the quiet, then maybe your extroverted self is being neglected. If you simply only have so much energy you want to expend and having a SO, uses a good portion of that energy, then I would say you are acting in harmony with your authentic self.

The question as to why you (I, we) do what you do is a deceptively simple question especially in regard to shadow functions (from what I have learned so far). Since the shadow functions are often neglected or rejected, I believe we unconciously tell ourselves the stories in order to preserve our (false) sense of self. So it would be easy to simply say, "I don't like parties becuase I hate making small talk with strangers" when the perhaps the deeper answer would be, "I don't like parties becuase I feel self-concious in groups of people I don't know."

So why don't you like being extroverted when you are in a relationship? Is being single a cytalist for you to overcome fears and unleash your shadow function or are you acting congruantly with your authentic self? Dig deep. :newwink:

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert, I just play one in this thread.