• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Let's get an update on all the potential romances

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
So basically, your situation is neither potential, nor an actual romance.

Aw! :cry: To me, it's the idea that you've found your companion/teammate for life who you share your adventures with (even the mundane trips to the grocery store can be exciting!). That idea is awfully romantic to me. Perhaps it was the way he worded it that made it sound non-exciting.

You two need to get together already.

:rofl1:

Why do you think INFJs tend to get together with them? :D

:rofl1:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the whole stability part is what fascinates me because in my experience ENTPs have serious allergies to stability. They get this nervous energy and mimic the symptoms of heroin addict in withdrawal.
Heh. So true! That's why they only seem to like people who aren't remotely interested in them.
And married ENTPs are such notorious flirts it amazes me how tolerant and patient their wives are. I think you would have to be some what of a masochist to marry an ENTP.
Why do you think INFJs tend to get together with them? :D
LOL. Deja vu!

O

Oberon

And married ENTPs are such notorious flirts it amazes me how tolerant and patient their wives are. I think you would have to be some what of a masochist to marry an ENTP.

I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

[bats little beady mouse eyes]

tayto

Me either.

It has one thing in its favor: stability. I know that my love interest yesterday will be my love interest tomorrow. I don't have to figure out where the relationship is going, or whether we have a future together. I don't have to worry about dating (she and I go on dates with each other, of course, but there's no need to worry about it).

All that is taken care of 'til death do us part.

What type is your wife?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
a J of some sort I'm willing to bet.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, my update sucks but here it is. The guy who I've been smitten with for the last several months just informed me that he's become involved with someone else. He dropped it rather casually into a text message about some other stuff, but it was undeniably there.

He actually said a couple of things to indicate it's not at a terribly serious stage yet and that it was "under wraps" as far as most people he knows are concerned. However, I think the fact that he chose to tell me anyway at this stage is fairly indicative in itself. I mean, indicative that he now wants to make it quite clear that he just sees me as a friend. I'm fairly sure he had at least an inkling that I had feelings for him. I slightly wish he'd made it clear earlier that he just saw me as a friend, but oh well. He's quite a lot older than me and I guess by that age a lot of guys just know what they want. In other words, even if they break it off I probably shouldn't hold out any hope.

Further confirmation that I'm going to die alone, if any more were needed. :( I am seriously not a fan of even being friends with guys any more. I always fall for the ones I have good friendships with and for me it all ends in tears. :(

eternal recurrence

MBTI Type
iNfj
Further confirmation that I'm going to die alone, if any more were needed. :( I am seriously not a fan of even being friends with guys any more. I always fall for the ones I have good friendships with and for me it all ends in tears. :(

I think thats a bad thought-path to go down. Maybe you should think less about them and more about you. Mostly I feel like I am in fight with others/objects over who can control my feelings - like this: :girlfight: - is this an INFJ thing? I've always found its very important that I stay grounded/re-orient myself, actually continually.

Just a thought...

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think thats a bad thought-path to go down. Maybe you should think less about them and more about you. Mostly I feel like I am in fight with others/objects over who can control my feelings - like this: :girlfight: - is this an INFJ thing? I've always found its very important that I stay grounded/re-orient myself, actually continually.

Just a thought...

I know what you mean. Normally I try not to go down the "I'm going to die alone" path. Today it has just felt hard not to. I'm hoping that it is just a "today" feeling and won't be too prolonged. I'm overall more grounded than I used to be in a lot of respects, so I hope that helps carry me through a bit quicker than has sometimes been the case with disappointments like this.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Has she been refusing to watch Jersey Shore with you again?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I think it's a problem we all run into time and time again.

God bless you Snooki.