• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Let's get an update on all the potential romances

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
We're still together and going strong. We went to Hawaii for New Year's, and generally did a lot of meeting each others' families during the holiday season.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
WTF.

Speaking for an entire type now, are we. Charming. Thanks for acting like a jackass to someone who's never gone out of her way to rain on your parade. I finally met someone that I genuinely like a lot who genuinely likes me a lot, and you HAD to stick your 2 cents in. Dick move, and you know it.

Well. How sad for you. Then again, I forgot that you carried down the MBTI from Mount Sinai.

Bite me. And tell Violaine I said hello. Nevermind - I'll tell her myself. No need to keep you in the loop.

Ah, I did not mean to give offense. That is why I crossed it out with the strikethrough formatting. It occurred to me that the statement I was making only applied to myself. In my experience, they have been bad for me. Precisely for the type of reasons you exemplify in your post. My exchanges with ENFJ's tend to match my retarded insensitivity with their sometimes sensitivity and we end up misunderstanding one another. Again, I apologize, Domino. It was not my intention to speak for any entire type nor to rain on your parade. I was not taking anyone aside from myself into account at all, actually. Simply relating my experiences to date. That ENFJ was the first girl I ever really liked and it really wounded me for a long time at a tender age.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, I did not mean to give offense. That is why I crossed it out with the strikethrough formatting.

Delete. Button.

It occurred to me that the statement I was making only applied to myself. In my experience, they have been bad for me.

This wasn't about YOU. That's the point. It was about ME and some guy you don't even know.

And since it DID occur to you that you were being obtuse and STILL didn't remove the comment, I really don't know what to make of you now.

Precisely for the type of reasons you exemplify in your post.

No. NO. You don't get to pull out more MBTI body shield crap here. I reacted to you as a PERSON because you were being a jerk. My "type" has ZERO to do with it. Do you have any idea how patronizing you're being?

My exchanges with ENFJ's tend to match my retarded insensitivity with their sometimes sensitivity and we end up misunderstanding one another.

You don't know me. My feelings are at the surface, yes, but I'm not an idiotic irascible weeping machine. I can take quite a lot of crap. And if you'd take a look around, there are a LOT of INFJs with plenty of surface fire and that doesn't make them emotional wrecks either.

If you get your hand slapped for being out of line, take it personally. Then maybe you'll stop using "type" as a means to justify your broad comments. MAYBE you were just being a jerk and I stood up for myself. I can't think of a single solitary female friend of mine who wouldn't have done the same.

Again, I apologize, Domino. It was not my intention to speak for any entire type nor to rain on your parade. I was not taking anyone aside from myself into account at all, actually. Simply relating my experiences to date. That ENFJ was the first girl I ever really liked and it really wounded me for a long time at a tender age.

Again, sorry to hear it. Time to stop applying your pain from one youthful exchange to every aspect of type interaction.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Domino what happens to the people who cut in line in front of you?

...man why can't I get that passionate over someone who isn't just a figment of my imagination? *sighs*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Domino what happens to the people who cut in line in front of you?

I smile pleasantly, think to myself what a nice barn they must have been raised in, and then slip their wallets out of their back pockets.

...man why can't I get that passionate over someone who isn't just a figment of my imagination? *sighs*

It was a huge surprise to me too. Trust me.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My update -- I've been very happily involved with a :wubbie: INTJ for going on 7 months. We connect really well, and my friends can't get over how great we seem together in person. He's awesome. :)

rav3n

My update -- I've been very happily involved with a :wubbie: INTJ for going on 7 months. We connect really well, and my friends can't get over how great we seem together in person. He's awesome. :)
*sighs enviously*

Need to go git me my own INTJ. I hear they're shy in real life, preferring to lurk in dark cubby holes where the sun can't penetrate.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I smile pleasantly, think to myself what a nice barn they must have been raised in, and then slip their wallets out of their back pockets.

It was a huge surprise to me too. Trust me.

Well I guess that's when you get those connections. When least expected! At least for me anyways :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Did I predict this? :cool:

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP

Good for you. Glad to hear it.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would add some if I knew of, there was a deep friendship with an infp that was almost something but alas there is this silent treatment and now its a long lost friendship. she even almost quit smoking and thought of babies. hahaha. how the hell did I manage that one who knows then I said something random other about masturbation and meditation and it went down hill. my flirting skills are awesome, awesome! Unfortunately I saw her patterns and I was part of her patterns and she was part of mine and knew it and probably said stuff subconsciously that would leave her speechless, I tend to be like that.

:laugh: I'm sorry, I just think this is the best post of the whole thread. And.......

Awww, so sorry to hear it. I can relate more to what you say than you know. :cheese: And I know how hard it is to be so close, then have it all go up in smoke. Any chance she's still interested?

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I met a girl on the airplane. She was extremely nice, cool and very pretty too. I am not sure what her type would be, but definitely xNFx. She told me about her future plans in a very intuitive way, and she was a little nervous about the future and told me how it made her feel. She likes philosophy, and we spent a lot of time joking about the flying process (no offense to anyone who flies planes professionally or works on one). And just talking to her for two hours, I was positive she was an N and an F of some kind. As far as extrovert or introvert, I honestly could not tell. I might lean towards E, but again, it was super hard to tell. I could not tell if she was a J or P either.

Regardless, I asked her for her phone number and she gave it to me. I am going to call her soon. She is a cool person. I've never done anything like this before but it will be fun, I think.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^I have had some of the most amazing and awesome conversations and connections flying and in airports waiting to fly (like in bars). I don't know what it is about people, but they must let their normal guard down more. It's like 3 hours of airplane conversation = insta-connection. I can vividly recall all of my interactions too, and one of the best was an enfj female, and a hot guy (i have no idea what his type would have been).......We even talked on our way through the airport after our flight was over.

Good luck!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Delete. Button.

I'll probably regret explaining myself further since I am unlikely to express myself clearly enough to remedy your feeling of being insulted, though you have likely moved on to more important matters. I feel rather disappointed at having my words and intentions misunderstood, so I will take pains to explain.

My post was illustrating my thought process reflecting on my own experience. I was not thinking about you nor reflecting on or judging your situation. At all, really. I simply used the mention of you and ENFJ's as a jumping off point in my own mind on the subject. Quite solipsistic of me, but that is the way I post. I even generally fail to read entire threads before weighing in with my meager offerings (Okay, I rarely read the entire threads). As I was narrating a reflection this is why I crossed out such a blanket statement. The thought process started with "Ah, I can forsee difficulty in the ENTP/ENFJ interaction style! So, ENTP and ENFJ must be bad for one another as a result of this difficulty!" Then quite immediately, I realized as I was writing that, really, I was more or less abstracting from my own experiences and as such could not sufficiently apply this to the entire world. So, I crossed it out.

Again, I am sorry that I offended you. It was not my intent and I have nothing but warm feelings for you.

This wasn't about YOU. That's the point. It was about ME and some guy you don't even know.

But, my post was about me. As explained above.

And since it DID occur to you that you were being obtuse and STILL didn't remove the comment, I really don't know what to make of you now.

See explanation above.

No. NO. You don't get to pull out more MBTI body shield crap here. I reacted to you as a PERSON because you were being a jerk. My "type" has ZERO to do with it. Do you have any idea how patronizing you're being?

I apologize for not taking greater care with the context of the thread.

If you get your hand slapped for being out of line, take it personally. Then maybe you'll stop using "type" as a means to justify your broad comments. MAYBE you were just being a jerk and I stood up for myself. I can't think of a single solitary female friend of mine who wouldn't have done the same.

I don't see it the same way, but I understand if you feel slighted.

Again, sorry to hear it. Time to stop applying your pain from one youthful exchange to every aspect of type interaction.

I find this a bit patronizing, to be honest. It's a bit hypocritical TO ME that you feel it necessary to chastise me for my insensitivity and yet you feel justified in calling me a jerk and minimizing my experiences.

Anyway. Namaste.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

Such happy news! Isn't it amazing how quickly things can change?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I met a girl on the airplane. She was extremely nice, cool and very pretty too. I am not sure what her type would be, but definitely xNFx. She told me about her future plans in a very intuitive way, and she was a little nervous about the future and told me how it made her feel. She likes philosophy, and we spent a lot of time joking about the flying process (no offense to anyone who flies planes professionally or works on one). And just talking to her for two hours, I was positive she was an N and an F of some kind. As far as extrovert or introvert, I honestly could not tell. I might lean towards E, but again, it was super hard to tell. I could not tell if she was a J or P either.

Regardless, I asked her for her phone number and she gave it to me. I am going to call her soon. She is a cool person. I've never done anything like this before but it will be fun, I think.

That sounds promising and exciting.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Such happy news! Isn't it amazing how quickly things can change?

This is how you've reacted to everyone in this thread except me. Think it over.

/done

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is how you've reacted to everyone in this thread except me. Think it over.

/done

Not everyone. Two people. And it was subsequent to my other posts and replying to two new posts subsequent to my last post. There is no plot to deny you of happiness. Not on my part. I wish you the best in all your endeavors, romantic and otherwise. I truly wish for your happiness. How you choose to see things is not necessarily how things are, especially when you're judging the thoughts, feelings, and actions of someone you can't possibly know that well (me) on the basis of a few words.

My name is Chris, by the way. Cut me some slack.