• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFPs and NFJs: Do you feel closer to each other, or to FPs and FJs?

NFPs and NFJs: Do you feel more in common with each other, or with FPs and FJs?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
NFPs: Do you feel more in common with the NFs on the other side of the tracks, or your SFP brothers and sisters?

NFJs: Same question to you, but with regards to NFPs and SFJs...

:solidarity:

And here's the NT version of the same question...

Last edited:

KDude

I don't think I know any other NFPs. I'm afraid I don't relate to many SFPs. Two ENFJs I know are kind of distant, but the older one was one of the more encouraging/mentoring people I know. She understood me well.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
It is a tough question, but I think I feel more in common with other FPs. I don't know many NFJs in real life (I cannot recall knowing anyone), but other FPs, and I have at least something in common with them always. Here on the forums I know also NFJs, and while I can agree with some on some things, the similarities seem to be more with FPs still.

edit: I understood it so that either I have to choose ISFP, ESFP, INFP, ENFP vs INFJ, ENFJ. Obviously though I would have more in common with people of same type, so it would be a strange question, so I imagined that same type is excluded.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I do have more in common with other NFPs than NFJs, based on my current interactions.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have more values and opinions in common with other FJs, but it doesn't mean I get along better with them than I do with the NFPs.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I do have more in common with other NFPs than NFJs, based on my current interactions.

The question was whether you have more in common with the FPs than the NFJs.

In other words, do you feel more in common, as a group, with ISFPs, ESFPs, INFPs, and ENFPs or INFJs, ENFJs, INFPs, and ENFPs.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On the flip side, I feel like I have things in common with both SFJs, NFPs, and NFJs. All different.

SFJ: With ESFJ I feel like we have a similar attitude in general. ISFJs are totally alien to me in general.
NFP: With INFP I feel like we're really similar in a lot of ways, but in other ways very different. I can somewhat relate to an ENFP and some of where they are coming from, but they are mostly alien.
NFJ: INFJs are either very frustrating to me or I get them. But mostly frustrating. ENFJs I feel the same about as I do INFP. We have a similar attitude like what I said about ESFJ, but other things are totally alien.

I totally get other SFPs though.

KDude

The question was whether you have more in common with the FPs than the NFJs.

In other words, do you feel more in common, as a group, with ISFPs, ESFPs, INFPs, and ENFPs or INFJs, ENFJs, INFPs, and ENFPs.

I would just add that I identify pretty well with Thomson's description of IFPs (she kind of organizes chapters by dominant functions). If I met some ISFPs like that, I'd have plenty in common (and I think I have).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IRL, I usually have more in common with NFJs as far as interests and life philosophies go; the "NF temperament" makes sense in my experience, as far as behavioral patterns. SFPs depend a lot on other personality factors, but I get along with them well as long as they are rather intelligent and we share some interests. However, if we share interests, I find its for very different reasons, whereas I don't find that as often with NFJs (usually similar reasons for similar interests). If I have nothing in common with an ESFP, then I don't tend to clique with them though; their thinking is the most foreign to me of the FPs and even the NFJs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's a very individual thing - I feel like I have quite a bit in common with several ENFPs on this site, but then again some ENFPs I don't relate to at all. My IRL bff from high school is ENFJ and I have a close ENFP friend, and I would say that I love them equally and relate to them intellectually equally, but I probably emotionally understand the ENFP better ...same with my ENFJ sister who I get along with quite well usually and feel strongly is my intellectual equal - but emotionally, I don't get her, and she doesn't understand certain things about me and my ExFP sister and our emotional make-up. I know for a fact I have more in common with certain traits with my ExFP sister and ESFP mom though they both piss me off more often lol.

There are some INFJs on this site I relate to, and I tend to respect their type, but then others seem ridiculously uptight to me, and I don't relate at all. Again, this is an individual thing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So essentially what I'm saying is that I can feel close or like or relate to individual people whether they are FP or FJ, but objectively the WAY I AM and express things is clearly more like the FPs around me, including SFPs, whether or not I actually get along with them better or how close I feel to them, I can't deny the similarities.

Neutralpov

I feel freer around the nfps. To much J and it is restricting and two enfjs don't always just open up to each other. I think it takes the open/flex non-decisive/judgmental vibe for me to calm and open up. And by that I mean it positively that their dom is perceiving. I have more than 73% J every test so I have enough for two alone.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Hmmm I first voted NFJ, but I think I'll have to change my mind.

ENFP's, INFP's and ISFP's are all people I really have a connection with. I like ENFJ's and really like INFJ's but ENFJ's can wear too much of a social facade. They can hard to be truly connected with.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well, i voted equal commonality, but i've been thinking a lot and it's really just hard to tell.

in order of ease/commonality of resonance:

ENFP, ENFJ, INFP (similarity in general worldview)
ENTP, INTJ (similarity in intellectualism / humor)
ISFP (similarity in artisticness / individual offbeatness)
ESFJ, ISFJ (similarity in people-orientation)
ENTJ, INTP (similarity in intellectualism / humor)
ESFP (similarity in fun / novelty seeking, open warmth)
INFJ (similarity in NF but hard to deal with their "closed"ness)
ESTP, ISTP (similarity in fun / novelty seeking but very different)

the most important connection for me would seem to be N, which is fairly unsurprising.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Equally in common with FPs as NFJs, but both less so than with NTs.

Above all, comfort, ease of communication found within Socionics quadra boundaries is far more valid, testable than anything mbti offers.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NFPs: Do you feel more in common with the NFs on the other side of the tracks, or your SFP brothers and sisters?

NFJs: Same question to you, but with regards to NFPs and SFJs...

:solidarity:

Erm... the two choices are hard to answer as conversationally I can have a more enjoyable time with NFP's, and the NFP topics of conversation/interests tend to allign much more with me than SFJ's do... but I can understand the SFJ's thought process/external concerns more readily, and we probably approach relationships more similarly.

However, judging by my group of friends irl - I have most in common with Ni-ers. NJ's, really - they are who constitute my close friends, and I feel like I connect/relate to them pretty effortlessly - NFJ's and NTJ's. There are a few non-Ni-ers who I am close to, but the bulk is definitely Ni-driven.

G

Glycerine

IRL, more with INFPs, then INFJ and ENFJ. ENFPs are somewhat alien to me. I like INTPs and ENTJs a lot (I think them more than NFs).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't think my sample size is large enough to really say but i think i know more nfs than other types so maybe there's a reason for that...??

sculpting

in normal daily interactions, how deep do we really dig into another's personal space-unless we attempt to forge a relationship with them? I'd expect that is where you will see the breakdown occur. Otherwise our own internal projections combined with the forgiveness and caring of Fi/Fe will fill in the gaps of misunderstanding that arise.

I have the most issues with ISFJs, The very few Fe doms are a mixed bag-one adores me, even though I am a bitch as he says I can get anything done. With the others-it is klike we cant find a stable middle ground in an interaction...I keep molding and they keep molding...
I most enjoy the company of ENTPs, INTJs, and ISTJs although I like a lot of INTPs as well.
Oddly some INFJs seem very close to me and will share a lot of what they feel so I comfort them-ENFPs as well. But we NEVER touch values.
I have to keep ESTPs and ESTJs at a bit of a distance as they dont really understand me, so it would be unfair to dump Fi at them and expect them to cope.