• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Is there such a thing as an NF-temperament nation?

mrconfusion87

MBTI Type
INFP
I am curious to note if there are really countries in the world whose cultures tend to function like how NF-temperament people operate?

Anyone? Thanks...

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
actually, apparently there are quite a few, especially ENFP.
subject to interpretation: parts of India, Nepal, Bhutan, Russia, other ENFP ones, the ENFJ ones

not liked by all, but brent massey's "Where do I belong" lists countries by supposed MBTI type

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've heard France is an NF culture. Correct me if I'm wrong.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
massey's list is interesting. based off personal travels, i'm not sure i totally agree with him, but i'm impressed with his efforts.

i think that a lot of the problem is that there are big regional differences. for example, the US south, probably closest to ESFJ. cali, ESFP. rocky mountains, ISTP. new york italians are totally ENFP. italian italians (at least males) seem more ESTP, lol. anyway, new england, IxFJ. (i'm making these up without a huge amount of deliberation, so they could be off.) things get P towards the beach. the US as a whole i've heard before is ESTJ, i can believe that.

i do agree that some places in india seem rather ENFP in general. as for other countries... france does seem NFy to me. probably INFP, lord knows france isn't J. and it's totally enneagram 4w3, lol. the 3 wing was napoleon. i think some of the nordic and scandinavian countries could be NF, denmark maybe. australia seems totally ISTP. spain ESFP. japan seems ISTJ.

not many NF cultures i can think of. :shrug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Morocco seems pretty NF to me. they drink tea 5 times a day =P

Sunny Ghost

tea can be xSFP. :yes:

What about Canada, Brittain, Germany... I might could see Germany as NF...

Korea and the Phillipines I could see as NF as well. But this is more based on the actual Filipino's I've met (whom have all been very eccentric). And with my mom and grandmother--they're Korean and my mom has always been deeply connected to the symbolism of her dreams, supersticious and my grandmother has an oracle she visits regularly.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
1503410-Map_of_the_United_States-United_States_of_America.gif

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think England is ISTP

ESTP/ESFP when intoxicated?

I'm not sure I can think of any "NF" nations. It just doesn't seem that likely...

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
massey's list is interesting. based off personal travels, i'm not sure i totally agree with him, but i'm impressed with his efforts.

i think that a lot of the problem is that there are big regional differences. for example, the US south, probably closest to ESFJ. cali, ESFP. rocky mountains, ISTP. new york italians are totally ENFP. italian italians (at least males) seem more ESTP, lol. anyway, new england, IxFJ. (i'm making these up without a huge amount of deliberation, so they could be off.) things get P towards the beach. the US as a whole i've heard before is ESTJ, i can believe that.

i do agree that some places in india seem rather ENFP in general. as for other countries... france does seem NFy to me. probably INFP, lord knows france isn't J. and it's totally enneagram 4w3, lol. the 3 wing was napoleon. i think some of the nordic and scandinavian countries could be NF, denmark maybe. australia seems totally ISTP. spain ESFP. japan seems ISTJ.

not many NF cultures i can think of. :shrug:

Yes to India being ENFP (at least the northern parts I'm most familiar with). Yes, yes, yes! No organization, all outgoing-ness... and ridiculously good at picking up what's going on with you, then deciding whether they care to 1) solve it 2) use it against you 3) ignore it. Always a conscious/verbal process though! AH, the sun is making me want to return.

mrconfusion87

MBTI Type
INFP

Korea and the Phillipines I could see as NF as well. But this is more based on the actual Filipino's I've met (whom have all been very eccentric). And with my mom and grandmother--they're Korean and my mom has always been deeply connected to the symbolism of her dreams, supersticious and my grandmother has an oracle she visits regularly.

Thanks for pinpointing that about Filipino people. If you met me you can surely add me to that roster of "eccentric" Filipinos! lol! :p

Anyways, I had to ask regarding that because I wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed that about Filipinos. You are certainly not alone with that assessment now that you brought it out. I can attest, as a Filipino, that my country seems to have this NF-type of culture too. I would wager ENFP for the following reasons:

E because Filipinos are well known for their friendliness and we do place a really high value on being able to get along with others and place great importance on our personal relationships! Anyone who's lived in the Philippines for any meaningful period of time would have heard of the words "Pakikisama" or "Utang ng Loob" thrown around quite often.

N because Filipinos have a tendency towards the big picture and not being too details-oriented plus we do tend to be superstitious and have a strong belief in the supernatural world! We have so many kinds of elemental spirits and supernatural beings in our folklore that I can go on forever if I wrote about it. Plus I know a number of people around me (family and friends) that see nothing wrong talking about abstract matters and theoretical (what if) topics in their conversations, even jokingly at times.

F as Filipinos are well-known to be very emotional and romantic people by their very nature! I can say that its quite true among the many people I know. We are a very passionate bunch - in fact so much so some people can kill other people in a karaoke bar for singing a tune the "wrong" way (especially if the song is Frank Sinatra's "My Way"). Not sure if the trait is caused by the Latin influence but it is there. We also tend to not be logical when voting for a leader in an election!

P because things tend to be not so organized here and can be quite messy and chaotic! Visit any of our cities and you'll notice the lack of overall planning almost from the get go! We also don't place too much of a value on punctuality hence there exists the expression "Filipino Time". We, as a culture, also have this "bahala na" (come what may) attitude towards life in general.

Regarding Koreans I think I can see the NF-ness as well. Still not sure if in general they are Extroverts or Introverts because they seem very open to each other in general but quite reserved with non-Koreans, save the Japanese for some reason (at least from experience). The N seems to be apparent as many sites on the internet talk about how they value intuition alot plus it helps that quite often when I interact with my Korean friends we have this tendency to talk about more abstract things and can be sort of superstitious as well. They are very emotional (F) for sure - they can have a rough if not violent temper also (one of my best friends from my middle-high school days was a Korean - one time he threw a locker's lock out a window in a fit of rage whose provocation I forgot). It may be a reason why Koreans are regarded as the "Irish of Asia". Not sure about the P or J bit but I would think J due to how quickly they rose from being a "bottomless-pit" in the 1950s to today's major industrial powerhouse!

Anyways what about Indonesia? Would you consider it an NF-country or not? Why? Thanks! :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

it's true :yes: if you ask me, tea brings out all the best qualities of all the types. tea is both sensory and intellectual (as weird as it sounds, I taste tea almost as much with my mind as with my tongue).

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it's true :yes: if you ask me, tea brings out all the best qualities of all the types. tea is both sensory and intellectual (as weird as it sounds, I taste tea almost as much with my mind as with my tongue).

WOOHOOO for tea being xSFP!! :D Though sometimes I think it might simply be INFJ ;)