• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFP's are you sensitive to caffeine and alcohol?

Nameless Hero

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
xNFP's are you sensitive to caffeine and alcohol?

Does caffeine keep you awake if you drink it late in the day?

Do you feel the symptoms of a hangover earlier than most people? For example, do you get muscle aches or a headache while still drinking (perhaps only your second glass of wine or beer?)

Does alcohol make you mood shift? Do you become very silly with some alcohols, but depressed with others?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
totally yep i do. i seem to be very sensitive to everything...almost never take any kind of medication...cold medicine makes me really loopy and pain medicine makes me super sick. if i start drinking i kinda need to keep drinking until i go to bed or i get a hangover...not that i always do. i often don't but i do start to get a really bad headache and i love caffeine but it really keeps me up. i know some people that can have a coke with dinner or a coffee after and go right to bed like nothing. i can't at all.

oh and yes different types of alcohol effect me way differently.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, I'm also affected.

Although alcohol doesn't have "more of an effect on me" when I drink it, I find that, if I get a hangover, it's usually pretty strong. Also, alocohol can make me "feel weird" as well, which is little more than a curious feeling of unease. Sometimes it doesn't happen, though.

Caffeine gives me a headache almost immediately if I'm even very slightly dehydrated. If I drink coffee (which is seldom), I'll usually drink water pretty soon afterwards to counteract the headache. It seems to work.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I drink caffeine basically all day long (probably not too healthy), so it is basically normal state for me. I notice that when I don't drink any caffeine in the day that I get very tired though. But I can get through the days/nights without it too.

I never had headache etc. from alchohol yet for some reason. I mean, I don't drink very often alcohol and don't have THAT much experience, but when I do, then mostly I drink a little more. Yes, alcohol makes my mood shift; I don't know though if different sorts of alcohol influence my mood differently than others, I always thought it is the situation which influences becoming more silly or more depressed. Never paid attention whether it was the type of alcohol.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've never felt any influence of caffeine, and i am also unfamiliar with the so called "sugar-rush"

Alcohol is like poison though, never have headaches, but it always kills my stomach the day after (usually follows a cycle where i feel very sick upon waking up, then i get better during the day before i get sick again in the evening, it's very weird.)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not as effected by caffeine as I used to be, but some teas will make me shakey and feel very wired. I'm very sensitive to alcohol. I can feel very drunk on two or three beers (someone once called me a 'cheap date').

Nameless Hero

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Interesting. There is a book by a health guru named D'Adamo that attempts to categorize people's physiological character to other traits, like their personality. He uses the same type system we do here. He has those that score as both Intuitive and Perceiving as being very likely to be sensitive to medicine, caffeine, and alcohol. Check it out, if you are curious. (Just google search for D'Adamo.)

The book includes health tips, including a diet for the xNxP's!

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I drink a lot of coffee and it has absolutely no influence on me. You know like how there are people who get an energy boost when they drink it? Well, I don't. I just drink it for the taste and I never really noticed any increase of energy. Alcohol on the other hand gets me depressed after one drink, so actually I don't drink at all.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I am going to chime in anyway.. because I like this topic.

Coffee is mixed.. I often drink it in the evening and have no ill effects when it comes to sleep. Every now and then .. late evening coffee turns out to be a bad idea. I am not sure if actually helps in the mornings.
It does seem to be an integral part of my wake up ritual regardless.

Alcohol.. what can I say? I used to cry when the beer ran out. But one day when I was around 23 years old.. seemingly over night I went from "Never heard of a hangover", to hangovers lasting 3-4 days .. seriously, I would drink Friday night and maybe by Tuesday I was feeling human again.. It's also stupidity in a bottle.. so for those reasons I just slowly stopped drinking .. By the time I was 28.. I would say I was no longer a drinker at all.. Now, Like someone said.. I have been referred as the "cheap date" 2 drinks and I am normally spinning. I have gone well over a calender year at times without so much as a drop.

I also have trouble sleeping when I drink.. It really messes with my blood sugar levels .. booze does not so much down me, as it much as it wires me.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm with Arc..i'm a J but i wanna answer this anyway..

I have some pretty severe anxiety and even tho i use to drink Rockstar energy drinks by the barrel.. i can no longer handle it. I've never drank a cup of coffee, tea or any other caffeinated beverage in my life other than an energy drink.. i don't really know why i could handle them for a little while but not anymore. I steer clear as much as i can or i'm just asking for a panic attack.

I used to drink pretty heavily.. but in the past few years as i've gone into my late 20s i can barely drink at all.. and i usually only want to a few times a year..or to have a single beer here and there. Also, when i drink, if i go past the buzz stage i black out. Not fuzzy memories from the night before, just complete blackness. Not something i care to do again.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I do have a strong reaction to caffeine. I have rules for myself so I don't end up still awake at 3am - I avoid drinking coke (which is what this is really about ;) ) after 6:30pm and don't drink more than 1 a day.

Alcohol is less obvious. I can have a very strong reaction to it on some days and on others I feel like it does nothing at all. I can have some mean hangovers when I drink a lot - they have been known to last 2 days. I haven't noticed if I feel the effects early because I wouldn't have attributed it to that but I will keep this in mind next time. My mood does shift when I'm drinking but all alcohol tends to have the same affect on me; there isn't any variation between them.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't consider myself particularly sensitive, no. Caffeine does little to keep me awake, but too much with too little food can make me shaky. I'm probably a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, getting tipsy after just 2 drinks, but I rarely get anything resembling a hangover (probably because I never get really drunk). Occasionally, when I drink something with a lot of sulfates (mainly beer), I get this weird pain behind my ears, but it doesn't last long.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
not caffeine. alcohol, my tolerance is decent, but not extremely high. what i am VERY sensitive to, is sound.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
xNFP's are you sensitive to caffeine and alcohol?

Does caffeine keep you awake if you drink it late in the day?

Do you feel the symptoms of a hangover earlier than most people? For example, do you get muscle aches or a headache while still drinking (perhaps only your second glass of wine or beer?)

Does alcohol make you mood shift? Do you become very silly with some alcohols, but depressed with others?

Not an NFP but I thought I'd chime in.

I'm very sensitive to the effects of caffeine. If I drink it later in the day, I'm guaranteed to have trouble going to bed at my usual time that night. I will use caffeine to my advantage when I'm low energy and need a 'lift' but if I have too much, I will pay the price later. I do get headaches and a serious dip in energy when the caffeine wears off so I am trying to wean myself off it.

I hardly ever drink alcohol but even one drink is enough to make me more tired. I never drink more than one drink in a setting. I'm afraid to get drunk because I'm afraid of losing control and doing something stupid. I don't drink enough alcohol to notice a significant change in my mood.

Chloe

I started drinking when I was 14, a lot, and I could drink absolutely anything for a while without any sensitivity, that was actually awesome, because i'd spend so little money - i used to drink pure vodka without any juice directly from bottle... Then i become sensitie to alcohol when my dad died (dunno why maybe i just got out of party mood) and now i'm much more picky. However, I dont really change my personality when I'm drunk a lot, at all actually... I stay completely the same.. with minor excesses :D

About caffeine, not sensitive at all, i am addicted to coffee though

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Medication, caffine, alcohol.. Im quite sensitive to all of it.

Alcohol used not be so much at all. Since I've gone into this 'drink very seldomly' phase, and stopped entirely drinking more than 3 glasses of anything in a given setting, my tolerance for it declined to accomodate that.

I cannot consume caffine. I just can't.

I'm sensitive to medication -- which sucks.. frequently the things people take to cure headaches cause them in me. I think part of that is caffine is a head-ache cure, but also causes them.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ oh interesting point! i'm very sensitive to medicine as well. my dad's a doctor and points out that i probably should be more sensitive to some meds but not others, but i'm fairly medicine-sensitive across the board. i don't know if maybe my placebo effect is just awesome or what, but i tend to need rather low dosages to set me straight. i also can usually be calmed of a headache by laying down and listening to soft music just as easily as i can by taking an ibuprofen (yes, one...)

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I have an extremely high natural tolerance to every drug i've ever tried.

KDude

I don't drink that much, so that's not going to help my tolerance with alchohol. I have a lot of size though (I'm around 6'4"/6'5"), and yet, I still get drunk easier (and worse) than most people I know. Coffee tolerance has improved. I drink too much of it now. There was one time though in the past where I actually had to call my dad to pick me up. I was shopping and hanging out at bookstores, sipping on coffee, and after a certain point, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I mean, I was seriously afraid for my life. :laugh: