• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Thought Experiment: Fi World

Random Ness

I don't know if it was this thread or another thread, but someone said, "Te is firmly rooted in Fi values." Te is the opposite of Fi. That would cause Te to contradict itself. Why can't people just admit that Te is not pure evil and that Te-doms can have damn good integrity and loyalty? :(

sculpting

You get along with other Fi/Te types so well that it would be a utopia? I only understand INFJs, so a world of only FJs and TPs would still have great communication gaps to me.

Oroabs and Xellotath, it sounds like you need to read up on the benefits of Fe. I'm sorry that you've had negative experiences, but us Fe users aren't just mean. We experience compassion and contribute to the world. And Fe users experience just as much frustration in dealing with Fi users. Promise. :hug: Hey, it's not like I'm blameless, either. Currently, I'm studying the benefits of Si so I don't think of it as superfluous.

well, it may be that ENFPs end up on the worst end of Fe at times as we are sort of designed to extrovert our Fi -which directly offends Fe at times. We also tend to drag issues out on the table and confront them which leads to be almost combative rather than assuring harmony. But yeah, i totally understand xello's post in any event. Acceptance for simply who and what you are would be pretty awesome. We are value bound to authenticty, yet are forced to cram ourselves into boxes for public consumption that directly violate our own value. What a mess. Threads like this are just a fun way of day dreaming and I claim the right to make up a world where I would be accepted as I am without having to be endlessly remolded. If you cant do that on an anon internet forum, where can you?

(Please note the tone is slightly whiny but not combative or upset in any way. Please do not read in any meaning past the text written)

I don't know if it was this thread or another thread, but someone said, "Te is firmly rooted in Fi values." Te is the opposite of Fi. That would cause Te to contradict itself. Why can't people just admit that Te is not pure evil and that Te-doms can have damn good integrity and loyalty? :(

You projected your own value judgment into that statement and read it as a value judgment-it was most likely actually simply an objective analysis, removed of any implied emotive comment. No one ever said Te was evil or Te users were evil. Being grounded in Fi actually could make Te users more cruel than Te being used independently, as initially it might lead them to be self centered. Te=efficient and focused on observable results in the real world-which can result in the hurt of others inadvertantly. Immature Fi=very focused on the feelings of the person and whiny and as well as potential lashing out cruelly when hurt. Te and Fi are not oppsites-they are applied to different spaces thus are not in contradiction in any way.

(please note the tone of this post is almost void of emotion and is simply observation and interesting, contemplative speculation. Please do not read any meaning past the actual text written)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Picture that somehow cognitive function preference was narrowed down to genetics and hormones. Next picture a biochemical bomb that instantly kills anything with a prominent Fe expression.

sparta2.jpg

Random Ness

Post confusion.
1. But didn't one of you admit you had a personal grudge against Fe? Thus I said the, "Fe isn't all bad, promise."
2. Uhh, no, I was making a general statement that Fs generally only describe Te in a bad light, and that statement reminded me of that.

Constructive stuff.
1. But when one is dominant in one of the functions, they hate the other. Aren't they at least by definition opposites?
2. Personal experience, though, would you say you think you'd get along with an ESTP or an ESTJ better? I just don't think a world where your opposite type exists would be that much of a utopia...?

sculpting

To address MacGuffin-I dont know an FP who doesnt love a good crucifixion! :)

Post confusion.
1. But didn't one of you admit you had a personal grudge against Fe? Thus I said the, "Fe isn't all bad, promise."
2. Uhh, no, I was making a general statement that Fs generally only describe Te in a bad light, and that statement reminded me of that.

Constructive stuff.
1. But when one is dominant in one of the functions, they hate the other. Aren't they at least by definition opposites?
2. Personal experience, though, would you say you think you'd get along with an ESTP or an ESTJ better? I just don't think a world where your opposite type exists would be that much of a utopia...?

well i think most FPs will have a toes stepped on by Fe throughput life in some manner. I dunno if it is really a grudge. More like an annoying splinter under the skin. Being an ENFP-if there is an issue-the way we seek to resolve it is to throw it on the table for analysis-if for nothing more than to just get the damned splinter out. It isnt a judgment as much as emotional venting. The ability to use Fe is an exceptional gift but it can really inflict pain inadvertantly on FPs.

Hmmm. I havent seen F's describing Te in a bad light to be a true generalization-but I havent seen what you have seen, thus I dunno.

Be careful with the term "hate". I dont hate anybody or hate others who think differently from me? Again-a questionable generalization-perhaps frustrated or misunderstood is a better term? I would get along far better with an ESTJ or any TJ than an ESTP. I actually like ESTPs, and find some of them to be very caring,but they can very easily misunderstand me making the interaction ackward, so I tend to not allow them too close. It isnt a value judgment-just an understanding that we are so different.

Random Ness

well i think most FPs will have a toes stepped on by Fe throughput life in some manner. I dunno if it is really a grudge. More like an annoying splinter under the skin. Being an ENFP-if there is an issue-the way we seek to resolve it is to throw it on the table for analysis-if for nothing more than to just get the damned splinter out. It isnt a judgment as much as emotional venting. The ability to use Fe is an exceptional gift but it can really inflict pain inadvertantly on FPs.
Xellotath said:
Fe world does sound absolutely terrifying, though. My bias, though.
The direct above probably a grudge. I just try to comfort people and let them know their personal grudges don't extend to every person of a group.

Be careful with the term "hate". I dont hate anybody or hate others who think differently from me?
Hate the function, not the person. I do not take a fancy to Se. But I don't hate ESPs.

I would get along far better with an ESTJ or any TJ than an ESTP. I actually like ESTPs, and find some of them to be very caring,but they can very easily misunderstand me making the interaction ackward, so I tend to not allow them too close. It isnt a value judgment-just an understanding that we are so different.

Hmmm. Well, usually, I hear people saying they don't like the thought processes of their opposite types. Interesting to hear another side.