• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Characters in the Illiad

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't remember the book very well, so I'll base this primarily off of Troy
Achilles: ISFP
Patroclus: I?F?
Eudorus: ESFJ or ESTJ 7w8 or 8w7
Ajax: ENTJ or ESTP 8w7
Menalaus: ESTJ 8w7
Agamemnon: ENTJ 8

Hector: INFJ 1w2
Paris: ESFP 7w6 or 4w3
Hellen: ISFP
Priam: ESTJ
Briseis: ENFJ 2w1
Odysseus: ENTP

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Been a while since I read the book but I always imagined Achilles more of an ESTP whose shadow functions kick in (Si)(Te)(Fi)(Ne) after the death of Patroclus

I also agree as to OPs Helen, Odysseus and Agamemnon.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
most people disagree with me on achilles, but I really think he's ISFP
1) he's extremely romantic
2) he has the SP desire for glory
3) he holds his own values and and beliefs seperate from the other soldiers/pawns of agamemnon
4) despite points 1 and 5, he is extremely brutal because he has a born talent for it (the born talent suggests Se and the being swayed by what is "natural screams Fi)
5) he is definitely a Feeler, but he's definitely not FJ. he doesn't care about anyone except his friends (the Myrmidons) and love interests (Patroclus and Briseis)
6) despite his independent beliefs he doesn't think about any of his actions and only does what comes naturally to him
7) he seems like an ISFP as opposed to ESFP because he's more serious and convicted as opposed to goofy and crazy