• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

• INFJ

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • INFP

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • ENFP

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
ButtHurt (from UrbanDictionary.com) An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult. Characterized by strong feelings of shame. Frequently associated with a cessation of communication and overt hostility towards the "aggressor."

Butthurt (from Wiktionary.org)

1. Annoyance because of a perceived insult.
  2. Upset because of a perceived injustice.
==========================
I had never heard of the term butthurt until participating this forum. Subsequently, this word has been rolling around in my head for several weeks now. I find myself trying to work it into conversations just to be able to feel it roll off my tongue, regardless of the potential for my conversation partners to characterize my speech as that of a scatalogically-obsessed adolescent male.

:smile:

Then it occurred to me that there is a serious question for NFs (and those who know and love NFs) to consider. Which of the four NF personality types is most likely to get "butthurt" and why?

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
This is my first time coming across such a term. I thought you meant which type would get their butt's hurt if they fell? :D

I voted INFJ.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
LOL! :rofl1:

I also voted INFJ. I'm still processing why my intuition tells me this is so. Anyone's thoughts on this matter are appreciated. My gut feeling is in the order of most likely to get butthurt...

1. INFJ
  2. ENFJ / INFP (about the same)
  3. ENFP

Again, I can't yet tell you why I feel this way. I'm hoping some reflection will bring my reasoning to the surface.

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Butthurt makes my mind go to very dirty places... I can't say I like the term, but I do get the appeal.

Also, when do annoyances come from UN-perceived insults or injustices? If you don't perceive it, you can't be hurt by it, right?

One more question - is there an event that motivated the thread? What did you vote, EW?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, probability dictates that ENFJs (and I'm ignoring ENFPs and INFJs as viable answers since they aren't F dominants) would be more susceptible to other people's standards, since they value harmony so much. On the other hand, they might be more inline with actual social standards since Fe is more pragmatic than Fi. So, probably INFPs. But they are probably least likely to show it than ENFJs.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, probability dictates that ENFJs (and I'm ignoring ENFPs and INFJs as viable answers since they aren't F dominants) would be more susceptible to other people's standards, since they value harmony so much. On the other hand, they might be more inline with actual social standards since Fe is more pragmatic than Fi. So, probably INFPs. But they are probably least likely to show it than ENFJs.

Moiety, I immediately thought of ENFJs as being the least likely to outwardly display they are butthurt. Can you explain further?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
One more question - is there an event that motivated the thread? What did you vote, EW?

I guess, the motivation started with the puerile appeal of the term butthurt. However, it quickly evolved into a situation in which I'm seeking to understand why certain NF types seemed to be more sensitive than others.

For example, I've had more than one INFJ on this forum assume I was dead serious and being mean, when in reality I was just joking or teasing. Now, this may have to do (at least in part) with my presentation style. In other words, I'm unintentionally tapping into butthurt-ness. Thus, I'd like to figure out why NFs get butthurt and tailor my approach.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Moiety, I immediately thought of ENFJs as being the least likely to outwardly display they are butthurt. Can you explain further?

Really? I think ENFJ butthurtness is the easiest to pick up on. I can't really explain it, other than the logic I gave. F-dominant, more prone to butthurtedness. Between Fe-dominant and Fi-dominant, I think the Fe-dominant is more dependent on social validation, and thusly more hurt if you "insult" him/her seeing as how they pride themselves on being so good at being social butterflies and people of charisma.

An INFP is too self-loathing to feel that much butthurt. And they are used to be called weird probably. And used to thinking other people are stupid or unskillful in their ways.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Based on my own personal experiences I voted ENFP. Also, I would say NTs are more sensitive than NFs and get butthurt way more easily.
To hurt an NF you actually need to violate some ethic or code that a lot of thought and consideration went into.
NT's get hurt because you simply don't agree with them and thus their fragile little egos bleed all over the place.

JMHO

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Based on my own personal experiences I voted ENFP. Also, I would say NTs are more sensitive than NFs and get butthurt way more easily.
To hurt an NF you actually need to violate some ethic or code that a lot of thought and consideration went into.
NT's get hurt because you simply don't agree with them and thus their fragile little egos bleed all over the place.

JMHO

Arclight, this is interesting. I have often considered that the NTs must think the NFs were a bunch of "big ole' women" over here at the NF Idyllic forum. ;)

My experience is that ENFPs can normally take a joke and tend to be pretty happy, go lucky. But my experiences might be skewed because I'm pretty laid back and happy go lucky. So I tend to attract such ENFPs.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I voted ENFJ, because ENFJs I know personally are permanently butthurt. Somehow they think everything is unfair to them. The INFs don't really show how they feel (especially the INFJs, they're cold on the outside) and ENFPs tend to be a mixed bag.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Arclight, this is interesting. I have often considered that the NTs must think the NFs were a bunch of "big ole' women" over here at the NF Idyllic forum. ;)

My experience is that ENFPs can normally take a joke and tend to be pretty happy, go lucky. But my experiences might be skewed because I'm pretty laid back and happy go lucky. So I tend to attract such ENFPs.

In my world, emotional sensitivity is a virtue.
Ego sensitivity is just plain ugly.. ENFPs can fall a little too often into the ego category in my experiences.

I would rather deal with butthurt feelings than butthurt ego. again this is just my opinion.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
My butt usually feels just fine.

I don't get insulted easily. As a matter-of-fact my clients often tell me they like working with me because I'm not a temperamental artist and can take criticism. I don't find myself getting insulted personally that often either...if someone has a gripe with me I usually just try to figure out why and move on.

However, I would say that I am more sensitive to "injustices" than insults. I would say that I take exception to things I perceive as being unfair whether it is directed towards me or others.

I have no idea how that compares to other NF types though...I'm not close to any other NFs IRL so I don't think I could accurately make an assessment.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
We're cold on the outside? Maybe I'm a weird INFJ, but one of the things I dislike about myself is how much people can see emotion on my face even when I would like to hide it (so that it can be processed, or addressed at a more suitable time, or so that others can't see when they've hurt me).

I think we often have a "nice" blandish exterior for people we don't know very well, but if we are upset, parties who are interested would be able to tell. I think I mostly react to people who are close to me who hurt me. I may feel distressed by people who aren't close, but if they are not worth of engaging in conflict with (either unavoidable people in my life or those who matter the world to me), I probably would feel annoyance more than hurt.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My butt usually feels just fine.

I don't get insulted easily. As a matter-of-fact my clients often tell me they like working with me because I'm not a temperamental artist and can take criticism. I don't find myself getting insulted personally that often either...if someone has a gripe with me I usually just try to figure out why and move on.

However, I would say that I am more sensitive to "injustices" than insults. I would say that I take exception to things I perceive as being unfair whether it is directed towards me or others.

I have no idea how that compares to other NF types though...I'm not close to any other NFs IRL so I don't think I could accurately make an assessment.

I think everyone (every F anyway) gets butthurt because of perceived unfairness. People just find different thing unfair I guess.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's true I tend to be a more serious person and don't really joke around when I'm having a discussion about something - well, anything on the forum, for example. Discussing concepts is serious business for me!! hahaha. So yeah, I might get annoyed when threads unravel or others aren't taking it as seriously as I. In real-life interactions, I notice this as a bit of an dom-Ne/dom-Ni difference (and to a certain extent aux-Ne). I know with Ne's irl, they might insert humor or try to lighten things up temporarily, which basically just distracts me and then the entire conversation is, well, severed for me. ha!! I can think of a few times where I was trying to explain something to someone, or getting really into the topic, and then they interjected with something fluffy or totally random or whatever, and then I'll be thinking to myself... do you even care what I'm saying? Are you even listening? :smile: And I'll then very likely have lost the oomph and desire to even discuss further. So yeah, if 'butthurt' is simply equal to annoyance at a distraction/total tangent, then I'm guilty sometimes.

But generally speaking I'm not offended by much at all, and I don't get emotionally riled up about much of anything, honestly.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think everyone (every F anyway) gets butthurt because of perceived unfairness. People just find different thing unfair I guess.

Agreed. And here I quote Oscar Wilde, whom articulated my personal stance on this issue quite well:

I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect.

In response to the OP: I have offended more ENFP's than I can count. The other three types not so much. Does this mean ENFP's are more likely to get butthurt? Maybe, but probably not, given the HUGE sample size of ENFP's I know. For some reason I'm surrounded by ENFP's (I know at least 10 IRL), while I only know 1 INFP, 2 INFJ's, and 2 ENFJ's IRL. The more people I know of a specific type the more likely I am to encounter with disagreements with them, I guess.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
We're cold on the outside? Maybe I'm a weird INFJ, but one of the things I dislike about myself is how much people can see emotion on my face even when I would like to hide it (so that it can be processed, or addressed at a more suitable time, or so that others can't see when they've hurt me).

I think we often have a "nice" blandish exterior for people we don't know very well, but if we are upset, parties who are interested would be able to tell. I think I mostly react to people who are close to me who hurt me. I may feel distressed by people who aren't close, but if they are not worth of engaging in conflict with (either unavoidable people in my life or those who matter the world to me), I probably would feel annoyance more than hurt.

I'm sorry, the INFJs I know are cold on the outside. They never show how they feel. INFPs are a bit like that in my experience. They're always this calm and hamronious on the outside, but once in a blue moon, when they had too much, they start crying. INFJs never cry, or at least not with other people around them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
based on different types reaction to things i'd have to say INFP, we dont like ass rape ok!