• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Most awesome INFPs

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
He doesn't seem introverted or intuitive; definitely not both.

He might be an ESFJ. Either that or ISFJ.

Here's another one who is also often typed as a traditionalist ISFJ, though I think he's mroe of a dreamer INFP.
ted-mosby.jpg

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All of Michael Cera's characters seem ISFJ also, not INFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I disagree. His character in Superbad, at least, seems INFP boy to me.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I always figured that Jim Stark was like.. the prototypical ISFP in film (and Dean too.. although some say he was ISTP. Not sure why. Because he liked fast cars? :thinking:).

Yeah, there's definitely room for manoeuvre here. I mean, I love Rebel Without A Cause, but Jim Stark wasn't exactly the most rounded character ever created!

My main reasons for typing him as INFP are based on his backstory and the way in which he becomes angry.

Jim constantly has fights with people, but only because they pick on him. His individuality is seen as a threat by everyone else, but he immediately becomes emotionally "responsible" for Plato - the scene where Jim is drunk in the Police station but offers him his jacket is a germane. You could say this is an ISFP trait as well, which highlights the difficulty in typing Jim. However, when the Police Detective (?) asks him why he keeps getting into trouble, Jim replies citing pathos and his intense emotionality. It's the way in which he "feels" angry which makes me think he's an INFP.

That being said, there is definitely room to suggest that he is ISFP, or at least IXFP, but I think there is a gross tendency for people to consider INFPs as totally wet, reticent, and therefore nonthreatening. However, being a male INFP, I can tell you that, as a youth/teenager, I got into quite a few confrontations. Like Jim, these "scuffles" occurred at the instigation of others; counterpoint Marlon Brando in The Wild One for an example of a more consciously provocative individual. It's Jim's tempestuous nature that makes me think he's INFP, because he's so bothered with people who are seen as dishonest or in someway disloyal to themselves; his relationship with his father is a good example of this.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

KDude

Yeah, there's definitely room for manoeuvre here. I mean, I love Rebel Without A Cause, but Jim Stark wasn't exactly the most rounded character ever created!

My main reasons for typing him as INFP are based on his backstory and the way in which he becomes angry.

Jim constantly has fights with people, but only because they pick on him. His individuality is seen as a threat by everyone else, but he immediately becomes emotionally "responsible" for Plato - the scene where Jim is drunk in the Police station but offers him his jacket is a germane. You could say this is an ISFP trait as well, which highlights the difficulty in typing Jim. However, when the Police Detective (?) asks him why he keeps getting into trouble, Jim replies citing pathos and his intense emotionality. It's the way in which he "feels" angry which makes me think he's an INFP.

That being said, there is definitely room to suggest that he is ISFP, or at least IXFP, but I think there is a gross tendency for people to consider INFPs as totally wet, reticent, and therefore nonthreatening. However, being a male INFP, I can tell you that, as a youth/teenager, I got into quite a few confrontations. Like Jim, these "scuffles" occurred at the instigation of others; counterpoint Marlon Brando in The Wild One for an example of a more consciously provocative individual. It's Jim's tempestuous nature that makes me think he's INFP, because he's so bothered with people who are seen as dishonest or in someway disloyal to themselves; his relationship with his father is a good example of this.

Cool enough. FWIW, I'm right there with ya. I've always identified with a lot of subtleties in that character too. I think it may be a Fi dom thing in general. That, or you're ISFP... or I'm INFP. XD

As for the Wild One.. If Brando's character is an ISTP, then I am far closer to Fi. Sometimes I see things in descriptions about ISTPs I can line up with too, but I've never been that nonchalant-cool no matter how much I tried. I'd be a giant poser if I did, so I don't. Even when I was fed up or confrontational, there was always a wish to find some harmony with people. Dean's character really wants to make friends. "People issues" bother him. He isn't detached, and neither am I.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jon Cryer has always struck me as an ESFJ, and his character Alan is most certainly one.

KDude

nightcrawler.jpg

edit: .... :thinking:

i think his pants are ripped in the crotch area. he's still awesome though.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
K - they're ripped to let his tail out the back. *laughs*

Ryan-and-Kelly-the-office-6533435-654-366.jpg

Ryan from The Office...

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is an "awesome INFP", but I'm going to provide evidence, since it could be divisive:

roy-batty.jpg

Roy Batty - Blade Runner

The reason I have chosen him is based on some of his dialogue. Not to mention the fact that the he epitomises one's struggle to understand emotions.

Roy Batty said:
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

Roy: We're not computers Sebastian, we're physical.
Pris: I think, Sebastian, therefore I am.

Roy: We've got a lot in common.
Sebastian: What do you mean?
Roy: Similar problems.

casablanca.jpg

Ilsa - Casablanca

Abugrab.jpg

Magic Carpet - Aladdin
(an odd choice, perhaps, but...s/he does seem quite emotional for a carpet...)