• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Most awesome ENFPs

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, Petra, you are such an attractive woman and I believe geographically you are closer to him than I, so ....

Anyway, back on topic, another awesome ENFP:

girly4.jpg

Chloe

I would do anything to save young lost soul... but there are so many lost souls:(

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
House is a jerk in a very Ti kind of way. All he cares about is solving the puzzle and being right. Neither in the acting nor the writing do I see any hints he is supposed to be a troubled or angry or whatnot ENFP. He seems like a straight-up dick in a very hard-edged, callous, self-important NT way, specifically ENTP or INTJ way. I could see ENFP if he ever wavered from that shtick but he's very 1 dimensional - dick/dick/dick/quiet contemplative moment/dick/dick/dick.

I was going to say he seemed one dimensional but I don't watch the show much.

Yeah, gut instinct is the character does not 'seem' ENFP-ish. And as someone pointed out, examples of ENFP jerks would be more like Michael Scott in 'The Office'. Full of themselves, has no idea the impact they have on others or how they are perceived, etc. ENFP jerks are dramatic and annoying because they are too over the top.

Whether they are aware of it or not.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
fwiw, i do think house is a 5w4. that probably makes him seem a little F-ish sometimes.

does anyone else think his dickishness is kind of endearing? i dunno. it makes me want to insult him and then cuddle him until we finally see the cute NTP heart that's hiding somewhere despite his shitty beside manner. daww.

i mean, let's face it, if he really was that much of an asshole, he wouldn't be devoting his life to healing people.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did it ever occur to anyone that House could have equal Ti and Fi?

KDude

House is always such a debated character it seems, and I've yet to see one episode. Need to put it in queue :cool:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
fwiw, i do think house is a 5w4. that probably makes him seem a little F-ish sometimes.

does anyone else think his dickishness is kind of endearing? i dunno. it makes me want to insult him and then cuddle him until we finally see the cute NTP heart that's hiding somewhere despite his shitty beside manner. daww.

i mean, let's face it, if he really was that much of an asshole, he wouldn't be devoting his life to healing people.

I think most people find House's dickishness kind of endearing. Personally, I'd like to insult him, then stab him in the face. He's just not the type of asshole I'd like to cudde, though trust me, I certainly relate to the concept wanting to cuddle some jerk I just insulted more than is probably sane or appropriate.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
@ savage - sure, but i don't think he does. do you?

cognitiveprocesses.com said:
It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

cognitiveprocesses.com said:
Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, we search for a “leverage point” that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what’s observed.

@ marmalade - :laugh:! typical scathing, humanistic nfp charm...

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@skylights: yes Ne dom is definite ;) but the possibility of other strong functions interfereing with each other can create more unique yet hard to type characters (for one I have high Ne, Fi, Ni, and Ti).

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Did it ever occur to anyone that House could have equal Ti and Fi?

It's funny, we never talk about characters as fitting things that are not the direct traditional order (i.e ENTPS, we say they must be Ne Ti Fe Si) but we ourselves often have types that don't quite fit, like I, for an INTP, have a lot of Fi traits as well.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Disagree. People get off on fixing problems. Could be a clogged sink. Could be clogged heart. Did you see the episode where he quit medicine and found other hobbies (which he excelled at, like cooking?) House gets off on mastery of a subject and continued intellectual challenge. Total Ti traits.

Many people in the health profession (doctors, nurses, physician's assistants, nursing home attendants, etc.) go into it primarily for the prestige and pay. Or because they like biology and challenge and stuffs. The primary focus is not "helping people". They may end up helping people, but they aren't saints and helping was not their primary intent. It's the inevitable byproduct.

Also, the way House goes about what he does, he shows no compassion for his patients and goes further by being completely disrespectful to them.

I think that attitude "Well, I helped you so I can also be an asshole to you" could be a childish Fi dom/aux/tert response to something. But House's character is more "I'm being an asshole to you. BTW, I just fixed your lazy eye".

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House is such an ENTP. I don't know how many times Aleksei has to be told this, and by how many people..
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call an appeal to popularity fallacy. Keep trottin 'em out Marm :thumbup:

Now, I am particularly disinclined to disbelieve you when you say that, because your reasoning is basically "he pisses me off, he must be ENTP." Which is valid reasoning in Socionics (and I do believe this to be Socionics-related), but not in MBTI.

It's positively hilarious though, that if I remember correctly you're one of the most vocal detractors of the practice of stereotyping.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"I'm being an asshole to you. BTW, I just fixed your lazy eye".

:rofl1:

excellent point.

i didn't mean to imply that everyone in medicine is automatically good, just that there are a lot of other things house could have done besides medicine that would have utilized his talents in a way that wouldn't have him being somewhat of a pariah - like you pointed out, he's good at a whole lot of things. maybe house enjoys that ostracized status, but if he really is a Ne dom/aux, then it'd probably also somewhat annoys him to know that his options are very limited because he keeps fucking up in the eyes of the bureaucracy. it is true, though, that in house's backstory, he became a doctor primarily because he was impressed by the respect/authority given to a Japanese doctor despite being from a "tainted" social class because of the man's ability to solve medical cases.

even that leads me to lean towards Ti though. Fi dom/aux are often concerned with being Right in a moral sense, but a Fi dom/aux who is obsessive about their factual correctness is fairly rare, if only because those facts don't usually hold as much meaning in the Fi world (though they might, if they pertain to a specific belief set - i'm very accurate in my understanding about most religions). i have three NTPs in my close family, on the other hand, and i can easily say that factual, theoretical accuracy with anything they care about - actually, with most things in general - is a big deal with them. they believe in respect and authority given to the person who has the most accurate knowledge; their sense of correctness is very clear-cut.

as is house's. there is always a logical reason behind the disease, in his mind, and we see him obsess about it following the death of a patient who he didn't figure out. of course i believe there's a logical reason for all diseases too, but it's house's motivation to know that seems Ti-ish. it's not because he feels like if he knows the answer, he'll do better next time (Si) - it's because it bothers the hell out of him that he doesn't know the answer. that's so Ne-Ti. plus house protests social graces because they have no rational application. i think that would be a hard conclusion to come to if you're judging based off Fi, because many social niceties are specifically built to attend to people. that's not to say that Fi dom/aux will always agree with social niceties - hell, i find a lot of them really stupid - but to find all people-related guidelines without reason would be surprising given Ne and Fi, even given strange Fi morals.

i guess what i'm asking, is i see all this evidence for Ti. a reactionary and somewhat emotional yet emotionally unaware Ti user, but still either dom or aux Ti. where else are others seeing Fi, besides his acting on general subjective principles, which all NPs tend to do?

They may end up helping people, but they aren't saints and helping was not their primary intent. It's the inevitable byproduct.

that's true, but i think that sometimes for NTPs their heart is in solving the problems. this is very true for my dad, an INTP. he's a doctor, and he doesn't have the best-ever bedside manner. he's just blunt by nature - certainly not a deliberate asshole like house, but he doesn't really have any tact, either - but his desire to help is genuine. he helps best by fixing systems. he's not warm and fuzzy, but he's actually quite humanistic in his principles, and that comes out in what he chooses to devote his time to. sometimes he's callous, and he deals with drug addicts, and a lot of times he pisses them off because he tells them the straight truth of what they really don't want to hear. i see house kind of doing the same thing - but with the addition of the cruel interpersonal power games he plays, of course (tert Fe, imo...)

Mr. Sherlock Holmes said:
It's funny, we never talk about characters as fitting things that are not the direct traditional order (i.e ENTPS, we say they must be Ne Ti Fe Si) but we ourselves often have types that don't quite fit, like I, for an INTP, have a lot of Fi traits as well.

fair point too... i'm still a fan of functional roles, though... one ENTP might have better Si than Fe but i tend to think his Fe will still behave in a similar role to an ENTP with the "typical" functional preference order. like ENFPs vary a lot in how well-developed their Te is, but it was clear from wonka's last thread that almost all of us ENFPs have a similar experience with engaging Te when we go on the defensive. some of us are just less finessed with it than others...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
anyway, i'm totally derailing this thread, so here's another ENFP

cowboy_bebop_edetein.gif

*** edit - wait -
"Well, I helped you so I can also be an asshole to you"
well, i added another ENFP so i can also derail your thread

same reasoning :doh:

KDude

anyway, i'm totally derailing this thread, so here's another ENFP

cowboy_bebop_edetein.gif

*** edit - wait -

well, i added another ENFP so i can also derail your thread

same reasoning :doh:

I don't know why I ever thought ENTP. You're probably right.

Lotr246

I would have to say she's an ENFP (Type E9):
edith-archie-bunker-100.jpg

Edith Bunker (All in the Family)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
sally mann is awesome photographer

moar parts of the documentary @ youtube

some site said that she is an infp, but imo its pretty clear that she is an enfp who is getting older.