• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Most awesome ENFPs

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
i see him as INFP the most, very similar to my infp male "friend" <3 haha

I was also going to say ISFP. Just cause. But there's too much N in that show so yeessss INFP seems a likely culprit.

You missed my point. What matters in functional analysis is not what a believes believes but why he believes it -- and House is misanthropic for Fi-driven, rather than Ti-driven, reasons. He does not look down on humanity because in an intellectual level he deems them inferior. He does it because doing so makes him feel better about himself.

I didn't miss your point, I just don't think that has anything to do with type. Any type can do that.

The first part of my post wasn't so much about Tony Stark but about the notion that people believe NF males can't be snarky.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
@ aleksei - totally agree that ENFPs can believe anything.

actually i have an awesome wallpaper - link to the high-res below the thumbnail so i don't stretch the board.

1z3mlv5.jpg

wallpaper

i still don't think house is an ENFP though. he's so very Ti - cutting apart the logic of arguments, delving into the why to discover logical determinism (this person had this disorder because this and this combined to create this situation, that i can break down into logical parts). i see his misanthropy as a logical formulation too - if everyone is an asshole, then it doesn't matter if i'm an asshole too. (i'm stealing points from the house wiki article here -) wilson says that house has, instead of a messiah complex, a rubix complex - needs to solve the puzzle. that's very T, Ti in particular. house criticizes social etiquette because it doesn't serve a rational purpose. his character in the show was based off the idea of a doctor who would openly mock patients for their cluelessness about their conditions (or lack thereof) - i mean, i mock people behind their backs for being idiotic sometimes, sure, but i don't think for Fi lack of systemic knowledge is a fatal flaw. it is for Ti, much more so. house's main principle is "everyone lies", and he deduces behavior off that. (speaking of deduction, his character is largely based off holmes, the logical master himself... not that it's a legit point to say that holmes is T therefore house is T, but the way in which the characters operate is similar.) and then this - "Edelstein has said that despite his sardonic personality, House is a character who is reliant on people surrounding him." - i think house is an NTP, with Fe issues.

on the other hand, obnoxious asshole ENFP -

the-office-michael-scott.jpg

* edit - it occurs to me that ENFPs are often pictured with rainbows and/or bright colors. :huh:

Chloe

It's actually the other way around. He usually has some logical explanation or another for his beliefs, but they're afterthoughts -- rationalizing, as opposed to rationality. Wilson and Foreman in particular spend half the show shoving that fact in House's face.

but iant that what entp would do - follow his Ne and no pay much atte tion to logic ehind it just trust his
hunch and logical explanations would come as afterthoughts. thats even what is in entp profiles

and, i do it to: if it would took to much time explain why i think something makes sense i dont try to explain it: i concentrate on implementing the idea
i think its maybe typical approach to problem
solving in important situations and with any medical case the most important thing is to solve the case asap

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno ISFPs can be pretty N-ish...

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Aren't Drew Barrymore and Sandra Bullock supposed to be ENFP? They're both pretty awesome.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't believe you are even considering House to be ENFP.
He is not interested in people. He is interested in their mechanisms. He doesn't even take feelings in consideration. He is logical and rational. He isn't empathic. He doesn't even connect to the feelings of others most of the time.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Not in that sense... I mean, as in they can hold any particular set of beliefs, so long as the reason behind them is Fi-driven, and still qualify as ENFP. Typing someone on the basis that "X type does not act like this" is inherently fallacious. You have to look deeper.

That is kind of true for any type though Aleksei. Just like Si or Ni can hold any kind of believes. Or Fe or Te being used in particular societies with particular social values or social rules. Or Ti being based on particular premises. And Se being subject to different stimuli.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but iant that what entp would do - follow his Ne and no pay much atte tion to logic ehind it just trust his
hunch and logical explanations would come as afterthoughts. thats even what is in entp profiles
Not hunches, axioms. He bends around every situation to fit it to his stubborn principle that people are self-serving and have ulterior motives with no exceptions. "Everybody lies" is just a subset of this.

That is kind of true for any type though Aleksei. Just like Si or Ni can hold any kind of believes. Or Fe or Te being used in particular societies with particular social values or social rules. Or Ti being based on particular premises. And Se being subject to different stimuli.
Which is why I'm examining why House believes what he believes.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
@ aleksei - oh, i believe that one.

I don't know much about the Tony Stark character besides the basics. I just want to know who doesn't believe NFs can be snarky? I've never heard of that before.

i still don't think house is an ENFP though. he's so very Ti - cutting apart the logic of arguments, delving into the why to discover logical determinism (this person had this disorder because this and this combined to create this situation, that i can break down into logical parts). i see his misanthropy as a logical formulation too - if everyone is an asshole, then it doesn't matter if i'm an asshole too. (i'm stealing points from the house wiki article here -) wilson says that house has, instead of a messiah complex, a rubix complex - needs to solve the puzzle. that's very T, Ti in particular. house criticizes social etiquette because it doesn't serve a rational purpose. his character in the show was based off the idea of a doctor who would openly mock patients for their cluelessness - i mean, i mock people behind their backs for being idiotic sometimes, sure, but i don't think for Fi lack of system knowledge is a fatal flaw. it is for Ti, much more so. house's main principle is "everyone lies", and he deduces behavior off that. and then this - "Edelstein has said that despite his sardonic personality, House is a character who is reliant on people surrounding him." - i think house is an ENTP who uses Fe to piss others off. maybe an INTP.

I've never known an asshole enfp (including myself) to have a normal, logical reason for being an asshole.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know much about the Tony Stark character besides the basics. I just want to know who doesn't believe NFs can be snarky? I've never heard of that before.
Absurd generality on my part. Basically everyone thought Stark (a snarky and apparently cool-headed dick) was ENTP, and everyone thinks House (same) is ENTP or INTJ, and I drew a wild-ass guess as to why that was.

I blame Ne.

I've never known an asshole enfp (including myself) to have a normal, logical reason for being an asshole.
Well, Skylights makes a good point, but my formulation is that he thought of that logical reason to make himself feel better about being an asshole -- whereas an ENTP would have been an asshole after concluding it was okay because all of humanity are assholes as well, given that their belief set is based on Ti (which bases all beliefs on logical axioms), and Fe (which bases beliefs on the ethical atmosphere, and generally tells that being an asshole is not okay). This is basically an exercise of deciding where the horse goes in relation to the cart.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't believe you are even considering House to be ENFP.
He is not interested in people. He is interested in their mechanisms. He doesn't even take feelings in consideration. He is logical and rational. He isn't empathic. He doesn't even connect to the feelings of others most of the time.
None of which has anything to do with Fi.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Absurd generality on my part. Basically everyone thought Stark (a snarky and apparently cool-headed dick) was ENTP, and everyone thinks House (same) is ENTP or INTJ, and I drew a wild-ass guess as to why that was.

I blame Ne.

lol, :D

KDude

I could see Stark as an ENFP, because Robert Downey Jr. is probably an ENFP. There are remnants from the ENTJ Stark from the comics too, but it's hard to see the film version as either Te or Ti, simply because RDJ personalizes that role a lot (that or it seems written with a lot of his personality in mind).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not hunches, axioms. He bends around every situation to fit it to his stubborn principle that people are self-serving and have ulterior motives with no exceptions. "Everybody lies" is just a subset of this.

Which is why I'm examining why House believes what he believes.

yeah, but that's still what makes me think he's not an ENFP. ENFPs usually have deep beliefs, but they're not really logically solid in the way they interpret them. house is, though.

None of which has anything to do with Fi.
wait though, it does - i feel like it's a very subtle difference because Ti and Fi are parallel processes that both analyze internal significance and functioning, and Ti + Fe can look like Fi and Fi + Te can look like Ti. but house is interested in the internal mechanisms of people, and not at all the thoughts and opinions of the people themselves.

oh, i didn't mean stark. i don't have an opinion on him (yet), i just like the character. i was just agreeing with what aleksei said about how Fi users can believe anything. sorry, that was unclear.

i'm hella snarky. so is my ENFJ good friend. :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Yeah, gut instinct is the character does not 'seem' ENFP-ish. And as someone pointed out, examples of ENFP jerks would be more like Michael Scott in 'The Office'. Full of themselves, has no idea the impact they have on others or how they are perceived, etc. ENFP jerks are dramatic and annoying because they are too over the top.

House is a jerk in a very Ti kind of way. All he cares about is solving the puzzle and being right. Neither in the acting nor the writing do I see any hints he is supposed to be a troubled or angry or whatnot ENFP. He seems like a straight-up dick in a very hard-edged, callous, self-important NT way, specifically ENTP or INTJ way. I could see ENFP if he ever wavered from that shtick but he's very 1 dimensional - dick/dick/dick/quiet contemplative moment/dick/dick/dick.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
House is such an ENTP. I don't know how many times Aleksei has to be told this, and by how many people.

The root cause probably lies in the fact that he's in denial about his own ENTP status.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
House is such an ENTP. I don't know how many times Aleksei has to be told this, and by how many people.

The root cause probably lies in the fact that he's in denial about his own ENTP status.

You are developing a knack for discrediting people on the basis of their supposed self-mistyping.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You are developing a knack for discrediting people on the basis of their supposed self-mistyping.

Do you lack a sense of humor as well as a sex drive?