• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Most awesome ENFPs

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
genie.gif

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS... itty bitty living space

I was thinking ENTP. Seemed like a bit of an Fe smooth-talker.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He seemed to have deep-seated beliefs of the Fi kind. The smooth-talking is more Ne than anything.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
House - xNTP

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
No way House is an ENFP. Not that ENFPs can't be jerks, but they cannot be jerks in that way. He has Fe not Fi and tertiary or quarternary at that. I also think that guy from 'Rush Hour' is a stereotypical ESXP loudmouth clown kind of character.

Annnnd - the thread asked for the the most awesome examples of ENFPs not the most obnoxious. :alttongue:

I thought this fictional character was kinda annoying, 1 dimensional, and clownish (again stock fictional characters) but he fits the bill for "awesome":

thumbnail.aspx

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Wait. Hasn't anybody yet mentioned JD from Scrubs?
1208900013_2376.jpg

And since Scrubs loves extraverted intuitives, we can probably assume the weird bird (some type of swan / emu hybrid?) is ENFP too.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No way House is an ENFP. Not that ENFPs can't be jerks, but they cannot be jerks in that way.
Why not? House is a depressed, moralistic misanthropic bastard who believes the worst of everyone else (and refuses any reasoning contrary to it) just so he can feel better about himself. This has seriously been deconstructed in the show so many times it's not funny.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Why not? House is a depressed, moralistic misanthropic bastard who believes the worst of everyone else (and refuses any reasoning contrary to it) just so he can feel better about himself. This has seriously been deconstructed in the show so many times it's not funny.

Are you being ironic?
"Moralistic" is not something I've learned as a enfp-trait. It's always been "slightly amoral". Maybe you were like that when you thought you were enfp but those are not traits I associate with being an enfp. I don't believe enfps "believe the worst of everyone" lock-stock-and-barrel like House does but rather, being prepared for the worst of everyone or being prepared of everyone being the worst to oneself.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs can believe absolutely anything. The key is that their beliefs are guided by a framework of personal feelings and ideals (Fi) as opposed to a personal framework of logical deduction (Ti), an external framework of evidence (Te), or an external framework of communally-derived beliefs (Fe). House's reasons for believing what he believes are basically "because I said so," with some ever-shifting convoluted explanation to serve as a smokescreen.

The word you're looking for is probably "sarcastic," or perhaps just "funny."

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another chronically mistyped ENFP:

tumblr_l1iotoYo541qbn8c7.jpg

For some reason people tend to assume snarky pricks can't be Feelers. It's somewhat baffling.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
^^^ Most of the NFs on this board are snarky pricks so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think it's more to do with you mistyping people then considering what you think they are to be "fact" when it's really just your opinion. You've also mistyped yourself before so there's always that.

ENFPs can believe absolutely anything. The key is that their beliefs are guided by a framework of personal feelings and ideals (Fi) as opposed to a personal framework of logical deduction (Ti), an external framework of evidence (Te), or an external framework of communally-derived beliefs (Fe). House's reasons for believing what he believes are basically "because I said so," with some ever-shifting convoluted explanation to serve as a smokescreen.

Yes, I understand that but what you said could also go for any other type who could believe whatever they want with whatever their function is, not just enfp. The negative side of enfp is not like House (a character I've never seen the appeal of.). I think that's an overtly negative understanding of what makes an enfp tick. Which is probably how you mistyped yourself. I picked out your assessment of House's "moralistic" trait as evidence of his enfp-ness because that doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know many enfps who come off as that oppressive with projecting their Fi onto others. Your assessment of enfp reasoning of being "because I said so" + accompanying smoke screen is a bad extraction of the ability to make everything fit. It's usually not a smoke screen, we're usually stupid enough to believe it.

And no, neither of those were the words I was looking for. :p

Sarcasm is no great indicator of wit, anyway.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

ENFPs can believe anything? I sure hope not.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wait. Hasn't anybody yet mentioned JD from Scrubs?
1208900013_2376.jpg

And since Scrubs loves extraverted intuitives, we can probably assume the weird bird (some type of swan / emu hybrid?) is ENFP too.

Does anyone else think JD is ENFJ It's been a long time since I've watched Scrubs.

Chloe

House says "because i said so" because he is unpatient to explain his logical deduction out loud ans his ideas. To intellectually inferior people around him. Happens with everybody who knows too much. Not a sign of Fi, LOL

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ Most of the NFs on this board are snarky pricks so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think it's more to do with you mistyping people then considering what you think they are to be "fact" when it's really just your opinion.
Well no, it's just that everyone (Including myself I'm ashamed to admit) has typed Tony Stark ENTP (some have typed him ESTP). Rewatching Iron Man today, I gotta say I believe we were all mistaken. He's a crusader knight filled who happens to be a playful playboy in his spare time -- typical of any male Pe-dominant really. :laugh:

Yes, I understand that but what you said could also go for any other type who could believe whatever they want with whatever their function is, not just enfp. The negative side of enfp is not like House (a character I've never seen the appeal of.).
You missed my point. What matters in functional analysis is not what a believes believes but why he believes it -- and House is misanthropic for Fi-driven, rather than Ti-driven, reasons. He does not look down on humanity because in an intellectual level he deems them inferior. He does it because doing so makes him feel better about himself.

I think that's an overtly negative understanding of what makes an enfp tick. Which is probably how you mistyped yourself.
I certainly don't think that all, or even most, ENFPs (even damaged ENFPs) behave the way House does, but his behavior fits the profile of Fi -- and he is a painfully obvious Ne-dominant.

And, mistyped myself? Hardly. I continue to hold to the belief that I'm an Fi/Te type -- what's changed is my perception of the strength of my own Fi (I'm back to ENFP by the way).

ENFPs can believe anything?
Not in that sense... I mean, as in they can hold any particular set of beliefs, so long as the reason behind them is Fi-driven, and still qualify as ENFP. Typing someone on the basis that "X type does not act like this" is inherently fallacious. You have to look deeper.

Chloe

Aleksei's mistypings are always at least amusing to me!:D

ey what type was him(scrubs guy) in garden state?(know its wrong threaad to ask but shh)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House says "because i said so" because he is unpatient to explain his logical deduction out loud ans his ideas. To intellectually inferior people around him. Happens with everybody who knows too much. Not a sign of Fi, LOL
It's actually the other way around. He usually has some logical explanation or another for his beliefs, but they're afterthoughts -- rationalizing, as opposed to rationality. Wilson and Foreman in particular spend half the show shoving that fact in House's face.

Besides, nobody around him is really his intellectual inferior, even though his underlings lack his keen power of deduction.