• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs (or NFs) and Enneagrams

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
I'll be honest, I think I know a lot of about MBTI.... but I just don't understand Enneagrams. Can anyone help me along this process?

I've taken an online test and I don't agree with result. I read some of the possible results, but then found out there are wings? >.<

So confusing.

What enneagrams are ENFPs mostly?

How does it relate to MBTI?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ENFPs tend to be 7s and 4s mostly (from what I've seen). I'm an 8w7.

The simplest way I have to see it is.....MBTI describes cognition, and Enneagram behavior. It basically illustrates the divide between what you think and what you do, how you approach reality.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what do you think you are? what did the test tell you?

i'm 7w6...we seem to be the lighter version of enfp...or something...if that makes sense.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
I got seven, if Im correct.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with a lot of it, however I lean think I may be more three than seven. And this is without getting into any of the advanced parts of it.

I really wish there was some half-7 half-3 thing.

And to be completely honest that doesn't make sense. ;) I have not been look at enneagram stuff that long though, so maybe I just need to research it more.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Think of what you social motivators, if you will are. As a 7 I try to run away from pain, but more than being concerned with pain I'm concerned of seeming like I'm in pain to others, because I'm an 8 (8s need to feel strong).

Or maybe that's just my half-arsed incorrect analysis of it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm...well...it seems 4 enfps are a bit more intense...while 7's are all jokey and light hearted most of the time...not that the intensity isn't there...it's just that it's less comfortable for us to go there with the majority of people....we like to be up...everythings fine n good...if it's not...it's okay because it will be...while 4s will embrace every emotion fully...not running from pain...just sit with it and feel.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
My motivation is my passion. Its what keeps me going. I like how 7s see beauty in the world and are awed by the simple things in life, so am I.

The part where I differ completely with 7s is the scatterbrainedness. I actually connect more with 3s here. I'm extremely ambitious and shoot for what I want and I dont stop. I'm very organized and normally have multiple backup plans. I refuse to be "average" or even "above-average." I want to be the top.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm...maybe you are 3...i'd go by what descriptions fit rather than what you got on the test.

Starry

My motivation is my passion. Its what keeps me going. I like how 7s see beauty in the world and are awed by the simple things in life, so am I.

The part where I differ completely with 7s is the scatterbrainedness. I actually connect more with 3s here. I'm extremely ambitious and shoot for what I want and I dont stop. I'm very organized and normally have multiple backup plans. I refuse to be "average" or even "above-average." I want to be the top.

I have seen a lot of 7w8 ENFP that are not scatterbrained at all...very focused & driven. Powerhouses really.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right...good point starry....it's the crazy manic 6ness spinning us around in circles...chasing our tails and running towards and away from things constantly....am i that way? haha god...it sounds awful...maybe i'm not. :)

Starry

....it's the crazy manic 6ness spinning us around in circles...chasing our tails and running towards and away from things constantly...

Amen Sister. You actually seem a bit more mellow, go with the flow. I wish I was! I was born scattered.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm calm with my mania...usually...yes. thanks for noticing. :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is, actually. Enneagram tritypes can include both 3 and 7. However, 4w3s with a very strong 3 wing can feel and act like both 3 and 7 -- we bury pain and depression under layers of mania.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i think mine is 792 or something...is there a certain order or what?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really, that I know of. Mine is 4 > 5 > 9.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Thats really confusing.

Is there a good website (if youre allowed to link it) that has information on this?

Chloe

my professional sources say that 7 (45%), 3(20%), 4(25%), 1(5%) are most common types for
enfp.
i guess 3 sounds way ofd but maybe 3 is rarer on the internet in general?! bc net is often timewasting to a 3.