• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Ideal Characteristics in a Partner

rednet2

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hi,
I'm a (male) INTJ and I was hoping some of you could tell me what (female) INFPs want in a (romantic) partner.
Thanks for your help :)

Cheshire Grin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Someone with a passion for something. Whether it be music, writing, cars, dancing, sailing. By having a passion for something you show that there is an activity that you love and that you commit to. You also, indirectly, demonstrate that you are independent, have your own space, and do not need to rely on her attention all the time in order to feel satisfied.

A person who will respect their values and give them space. If she says, "I like bird watching. There's something incredibly relaxing about it and I love seeing birds take off." Don't reply with "but what's the point? It doesn't even achieve anything." I can't speak for all INFPs but I tend to be very quiet yet fiercely protective of my values and those who are close to me. Never verbally attack someone important to her; she may react as though you have attacked her directly. Also, if she shares something with you or tells you what is important to her, listen. Concepts like identity and authenticity are important to the girl, a guy who is accepting or showing a willingness to learn is a must.

I understand that NTs (huuuge generalisation, don't shoot me) may dislike wishy-washy stuff (why are you reacting to this so personally/ yeesh, it's just a song/ yeah but dragons don't exist in real life) but just be patient. Of course there are limits to much one responds emotionally in a given situation but I'm sure you can judge for yourself.

General:
Guys who can cook
Guys with a sense of identity :p
Guys who are not overly emotional but at the same time know how demonstrate an understanding of "feelings"
Mental strength
Guys who don't let small things affect them
Wit/sense of humour

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Kindness
Respect
Generosity (not necessarily monetary generosity) is a huge plus
Smarts (i.e. someone I can talk to) is most excellent
Sense of humor is nice, it would be better if his sense of humor is close to mine
Sense of honor and chivalry
He should like to be active
Financially responsible
He should have his own hobbies
He should be a good kisses and like to cuddle

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I want someone who appreciates and realizes the good qualities in me. Who I am amazes/impresses/intrigues him just as who he is amazes/impresses/intrigues me.

My good and important qualities is my compassion for all living creatures, my desire to do something important and wide in scope, my sometimes wonky but always present humor, how I never discuss the past, don't care about the past, but I always share my visions of the future and whatever ideas/feelings I have at the present moment.

Specific trait includes passion and desire for life, for innovation, for achievement, for love, for humor, for intelligence, for compassion. Open-minded and unconventional. The most important thing is that connection, that understanding and mutual appreciation and fascination with each other.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
More list-o-mania! :rolleyes:

This thread might be of interest to you if/when the site lists type underneath the avatars once more.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I like to start with the characteristic of breathing, and then I go from there. :laugh:

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Im not an INFP but heres my list:

Patience
Understanding
Mature
Funny
Good communication skills
Similar taste in music
Has an interest in art
Responsible
Honest

starlight

MBTI Type
INFP
Here is an idealized list of qualities that i would love in a partner
1. great mental connection, we would understand how the other mind works and where each of us is coming from, we could talk and debate endlessly and never get bored of each others company.
2. friendly, kind and respectful towards people and maintain a sense of chivalry in relationships.
3.sense of humour which is witty,goofy and maybe even silly.
4. loves affection :hug:
5. willing to accept my faults as I would accept his.
6. physically attractive to me but not absolutely essential, i tend to fall for a guy's personality more.

i think this shows i am a die hard romantic:blush:

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not really a girl, but...

yeah.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR5_5l5rzok"][/YOUTUBE]

If someone's feelings for me matched that song... :wubbie:

EDIT: Here's the link until the video decides to work :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR5_5l5rzok

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A girl who likes my moosic

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLx0fjCnsFs"].[/YOUTUBE]

How come yours worked and mine didn't? :cry:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I personally am drawn to:

a warm demeanor
kindness
thoughtfulness
passionate in some way about something
calming/soothing
high moral integrity
spirituality - shared religious beliefs is ideal
intelligence - of the intellectual variety
cultured, ie. likes the arts, bonus points for shared taste in music & art
open to new experience & ideas
more outgoing & structured than I am, but not loud/obnoxious or uptight/rigid
witty, playful humor
similar goals, values, lifestyles
ENFJ

And most importantly, someone who "gets" me, appreciates me, and is supportive of my ideals.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Many INFPs particularly appreciate having their beliefs, positive emotions as values elicited. Especially if done with finesse.