• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP: human resources? Educational administration?

Alchemiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
My father was a professor of Educational Psychology (now retired). While I was intrigued by the study of learning and memory, the departmental politics sounded exhausting. Of course, there's always a down side somewhere and if we overfocus on those, we won't move forward at all. Good luck to you! :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HR I'd say is a field best suited for ESFJs, in particular.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I have found that a spiritual bent on a career gives motivation and passion to us. For instance teaching, just because the subject isn't being taught doesn't mean you can't teach it. Only the salary slows you down, but freelance gives you more freedom. It's only the system that slows your career, but you aren't the system, so stop trying to be to gain their benefits. you have your own benefits that you haven't realized yet, that the system is actually looking for more of to learn from.

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Human Resources is largely for phonies, IMO - therefore not suitable for infp. Organizational psychology would be difficult for introvert. You have to put yourself out there and sell an image or theory. Again, best left to phoney BSers.

Therapist is best job for infps. Doesn't mean you'll always be dealing with suicidals and ragers. Might be worth checking out if you're not completely against it.