• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] I'm coming out to you all

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Why?

I really like this. Very thoughtful. I do think in terms of purpose. Ideals. Isn't that an ENFP thing?

I suppose if the purpose behind them is that they are ideals then it makes it Fi. For instance.

Not murdering someone can be taken two ways (these will be extremely oppositional to drive the point home). Your thought process could go in what I see as two general directions. The first is more of a step by step approach. By killing this person you have hindered your ability to get ahead. Let's assume that this person is important and an integral part to your rise to success. The logic behind not killing him is that it hinders not only you, but others around you. Perhaps this is Ti and Fe working in tandem? The other way would be that killing this person goes directly against your values. It isn't even really filtered through thought. It passes the line of your values and therefore you do not do it, only until that person commits a far greater crime than the punishment you'd receive from murdering would cause you. No consideration whatsoever is given to the chance that you might murder him. This is Fi working by itself.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I assumed that this topic was about something very different...

But it is.

I think deep inside (probably near your male g-spot) you just wanted me to be an ENFP so that you could make sense of the deep and abiding attraction you have to me. The butterflies you feel after we talk or wile away the hours chatting with one another. And. That's okay. Don't be scared to love.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
You tell me. You sounded so certain before. See what happens when we delve deeply. All definitions seem rather limp in their capacity to illuminate.

Well, yeah, that and the fact that it's hard to put something that I intuit into words that someone else will recognize and identify with.

Does your music help you connect more directly to your feeling center? I find that my feelings become more integrated when I am creating art and being honest about my more tender and fearful feelings. When I express them as feelings rather than detach from them.

Yes--I think it's one of the reasons I've always been drawn to the arts. I'm always striving to express myself in ways that are closer to the actual feeling and not to the thoughts and concepts they become. The purer form. I get frustrated sometimes because of my tendency to observe and direct myself rather than just getting lost in the moment. I'm always striving to lose myself in the music. I think I'm always drawn to things that I think will balance me. I'm all for accepting myself as-is, but I could never be one of those INTPs that just thinks the world should just let me be the robotic, socially clueless person I might have been if that part of me had been coddled.

Yes! But fun, isn't it?

Sometimes! :p

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think your thoughts on love and relationships express a yearning to manifest the divine. I identify that with NF. And Buddhism as a philosophy of renuciation is a perfect vehicle to inhabit when your ideals let you down or you feel you let them down. Buddhism is a way to disengage. It's necessary to disengage so you don't keep gnawing on your heart. So the disengagement is not the thing, it's the after effect of the thing, which is a kind of Romanticism that I associate more with NF, because you want to see it played out interpersonally, where NT is happy enough to have it play out on paper.

Disengagement is surrender. At least conscious surrender. Do we ever surrender completely? I think we just want to surrender so we can stop fighting the program of the universe.

Romanticism to me is an attitude of wanting more than you find in reality. Overlaying meaning on top of reality to punch through to a deeper sense of what is that harmonizes with the truth inside.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always admired your unfailing ability, as an individual and a type, to question your own conclusions once you reach them.

Don't disappoint me now. ;)

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I'd like to point out that Synarch reminds me of a skinny Zach Galifianackis. So whatever type he is is the probably the type Synarch is. :)

Edit: Alright, I'll add handsomer too (Not that I swing that way)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
What does Synarch being Synarch have to do with him reminding me of Zach Galifiniakis? I didn't say that he reminded you of Zach Galifiniakis. :)

He didn't quote you, though. I think he just means whether he's ENTP or ENFP, he's just Synarch. It doesn't matter.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Synarch is Synarch.

honorsocieties.png

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Disengagement is surrender. At least conscious surrender. Do we ever surrender completely? I think we just want to surrender so we can stop fighting the program of the universe.

Romanticism to me is an attitude of wanting more than you find in reality. Overlaying meaning on top of reality to punch through to a deeper sense of what is that harmonizes with the truth inside.

Yes, that option is attractive at times. The challenge is to figure out when to surrender vs. when to act.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I would reply to you all sooner, but the new TypeC look has my caveman brain hurting.

I'd like to point out that Synarch reminds me of a skinny Zach Galifianackis. So whatever type he is is the probably the type Synarch is. :)

Edit: Alright, I'll add handsomer too (Not that I swing that way)

That's an awesome compliment. I love Zach G. You're pretty handsome yourself. The one thing I remember about you is how you brought extra bottled water for me. Very considerate.

Synarch is Synarch.

I am not even Synarch.

I've always admired your unfailing ability, as an individual and a type, to question your own conclusions once you reach them.

Don't disappoint me now. ;)

Pfft. You can't box me in!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
There have been many times that I literally cringe at the judgmental and unfortunate things you write. But just because we have different experiences and priorities doesn't mean that we don't rationalize, argue, pander, twist, play devil's advocate, bait and debate in exactly the same manner. :yes:

My personal belief:
You have an image of an ideal that you would like to be - possibly to impress someone, or maybe in order to handle the multitude of problems in your path - so you repeat this ideal over and over again to yourself (and anyone else who will listen) in the hopes that you will eventually brainwash yourself into becoming this ideal.

I've done that before, many times. It's an ENTP thing.

You sound like an ENFP, too. Perhaps you should consider that possibility.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The thing is, to me, T and F aren't really dichotomous. You don't have to choose one at the expense of another. All the people I consider geniuses, without exception, were passionate, artistic, and humanitarian. Einstein, Sagan, Feynman, and all the Buddhist writers I imagine we both respect. So trying to decide if you're T or F is a waste of time.

Maybe, though, this is really a symbol for merging with your passionate and artistic urges and no longer feeling restricted by the ENTP label. ENFP can also be a confining label, though. All labels are confining. But there are times, I suppose, when they can help anchor you and prevent you from drifting.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The thing is, to me, T and F aren't really dichotomous. You don't have to choose one at the expense of another. All the people I consider geniuses, without exception, were passionate, artistic, and humanitarian. Einstein, Sagan, Feynman, and all the Buddhist writers I imagine we both respect. So trying to decide if you're T or F is a waste of time..

Yeah, but we're not talking about actual thinking and actual feeling, which I hope we all do since we are all capable of both. We are talking about Ti and Fi in the MBTI sense, which are quite different from each other...

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, but we're not talking about actual thinking and actual feeling, which I hope we all do since we are all capable of both. We are talking about Ti and Fi in the MBTI sense, which are quite different from each other...
I realize that, but I don't think they're exclusive.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
They are certainly not. The whole system is based on some pretty linear view of the human mind.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you like some Rainbows and Unicorns?
Ehm. >.>

ENFP's are anything but rainbows and unicorns. Every ENFP I know is dark and fragile.

What kinda enfps do you know :/ A worst they can be all angsty and stuff, but the dark is just an act generally.

No way, Syn. Just, no.

I could recite a million and one reasons from what I know of you on the forums AND in real life, but I don't need to because you already know this thread is bullshit... drama queen.

Listen to Jenocyde.

Sugarpie, you can't "work" on being lovable. You just *are*. Understand? Love and being lovable are not linked. Love is something learned and learned about and applied. Being lovable is in the eye of the beholder. You have such eyes with you. .

Yes yes yes agree. I am not sold on your type being ENFP. You are too detached on a level for that.