• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Funniest description of ENFP I've read

KDude

The group thing throws me off too....I'm such a loner by nature that identifying a type through a group dynamic is almost impossible. I don't see myself in any of those or I see myself in all of them....it just depends on who I am with.

OK.. I partly identify, but... I wish you didn't identify with the loner thing that you had little idea of what group dynamic you preferred. Personally, I know that life doesn't serve me well in the Beta area, for example. Why? For one, I conflict with them in real life a bit too often. More importantly, their emphasis on activity, action, highly goal driven behavior, hustle, making your mark, more future oriented than others, and politically or idealogically motivated (whatever their politics are), etc., etc.. I'm not knocking them, but I like to chill more, take care of my sense of comfort, and just expand mentally, do things merely for the sake of fun and complete pointlessness at times, rather than drive myself that way. It's the difference between Ne-Si and Se-Ni, I think (in socionics terms).

edit: The weird thing is, sometimes when I get depressed, I act a bit serious and factual/no nonsense... as if I belong in Gamma (not to say Gammas are depressing). :thinking: My best friends are Alpha types though.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's ESI?

People IRL think I'm quiet and sweet, and the only time I become a motor-mouth is when I am comfortable and happy amongst friends, or if I'm under a great deal of stress. I'm not as confrontational in person AT ALL, and I'm actually not as sensitive as I appear to be on here, but I still feel empathy for suffering (like I love horror movies, but the world news upsets me). I can be VERY DIRECT IRL, but it's more in a situational necessity/cut the crap/self-defense sort of way...it doesn't appear on a daily basis, not by any stretch of the imagination...what I do on here is more like arguing for pleasure, arguing ideas...IRL I don't go around persuing arguments and many times I'll keep quiet just so I'll be left alone.

When people watched my most recent video they actually remarked that I seemed very calm and also when people met me in person they were a bit surprised that I'm not the way I seem here.

All in all, I like a lot of freedom, I hate structure, I like for people to be comfortable and informal...but then again, noise and chaos troubles me greatly, especially if it's an on-going thing. Noise and chaos is one thing at a party or in a night club, but it's completely unacceptable if it's in the place where I'm living.
Ah, I see. EII (INFj) fits better then. :yes:

Re your second post... it is actually possible for an intuitive type to be sensory in Socionics. Socionics S/N (Se/Ne especially) isn't so much about concrete vs abstract, but more about time preferences. Se is about keeping track of the environment to figure out how to best make an impact and control its surroundings. It is very similar to MBTI Se, but whilst MBTI Se merely has the ability to make an impact (Enneagram-7 ESTPs and ESFPs seem to prefer using their natural charisma to get others to follow them, and indulge in crazy fun and sensual pleasures; which Socionics-wise is more akin to ESFj), Socionics Se-base has the overpowering need to do so (being both a strong and valued function), which means Beta ST (ESTp/ISTj) and Gamma SF (SFp/ISFj) are defined mostly by wanting results right the fuck NOWNOWNOW, which is something N types can do. Socionics Ne is more focused on ideas, and on making an impact on the external world in the long-term. Enneagram-8 ENTJs are usually SLE, for example, as even though they're fairly long-term strategists, Te-dominance tends to demand immediate results.

A good example of an Se-base N-dom is Haruhi Suzumiya (ENTP, SLE-Se). She comes up with crazy, harebrained and clearly Ne-driven schemes, and then demands they produce results yesterday (and sometimes gets violent when they don't).

SLEs scare me a little. :ninja:

KDude

I posted pics of myself on that 16types site once, and they all insisted I was SLE. :laugh:

I'm not though. ENTP at best. Really feel like an ISFP when I'm just "being myself" though.. (the current type I have is obviously a joke.. I think this site's kind of a farce atm, that's all).

Anyways, SLEs aren't "scary".. just wanting to get the ball rolling could mean anything. Just depends on the person.. I mean, Madonna still qualifies as an SLE in Socionics. You can see her force, her driven-ness, need for impact.. that doesn't mean she's out to rip anyone's head off. In a way, she wants to bring you with her.. So it's Se, but in a trendsetter/artistic way.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're right, SLEs don't have to be the murderous type -- but they're very strong people. Quite worthy of admiration, actually.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ah, I see. EII (INFj) fits better then. :yes:

Re your second post... it is actually possible for an intuitive type to be sensory in Socionics. Socionics S/N (Se/Ne especially) isn't so much about concrete vs abstract, but more about time preferences. Se is about keeping track of the environment to figure out how to best make an impact and control its surroundings. It is very similar to MBTI Se, but whilst MBTI Se merely has the ability to make an impact (Enneagram-7 ESTPs and ESFPs seem to prefer using their natural charisma to get others to follow them, and indulge in crazy fun and sensual pleasures; which Socionics-wise is more akin to ESFj), Socionics Se-base has the overpowering need to do so (being both a strong and valued function), which means Beta ST (ESTp/ISTj) and Gamma SF (SFp/ISFj) are defined mostly by wanting results right the fuck NOWNOWNOW, which is something N types can do. Socionics Ne is more focused on ideas, and on making an impact on the external world in the long-term. Enneagram-8 ENTJs are usually SLE, for example, as even though they're fairly long-term strategists, Te-dominance tends to demand immediate results.

A good example of an Se-base N-dom is Haruhi Suzumiya (ENTP, SLE-Se). She comes up with crazy, harebrained and clearly Ne-driven schemes, and then demands they produce results yesterday (and sometimes gets violent when they don't).

SLEs scare me a little. :ninja:

I've tested Socionics INFj. But also ENFp.

Either way, I'm INFJ or ENFP. I'm one of those two types: I'm not passive enough to be INFP and IRL I'm not extroverted enough and interested in managing or influencing people enough to be ENFJ.

I would totally accept INFj as my type. But in MBTI I simply do not relate to the definition of Fe at all.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I posted pics of myself on that 16types site once, and they all insisted I was SLE. :laugh:

I was unanimously determined to be IEI based on a photo :D

OK.. I partly identify, but... I wish you didn't identify with the loner thing that you had little idea of what group dynamic you preferred. Personally, I know that life doesn't serve me well in the Beta area, for example. Why? For one, I conflict with them in real life a bit too often. More importantly, their emphasis on activity, action, highly goal driven behavior, hustle, making your mark, more future oriented than others, and politically or idealogically motivated (whatever their politics are), etc., etc.. I'm not knocking them, but I like to chill more, take care of my sense of comfort, and just expand mentally, do things merely for the sake of fun and complete pointlessness at times, rather than drive myself that way. It's the difference between Ne-Si and Se-Ni, I think (in socionics terms).

I can identify with this a bit....I think I like to be relaxed physically, but stimulated mentally.

The type of group atmosphere that annoys me is people sitting around, shooting the breeze &/or recounting stories from the past & updating their info on mutual friends. It feels stifling still & dull, and I feel nervous as I don't know how to contribute, so then I retreat into my head out of boredom. I'm not into activity centered socializing, as it just seems like some filler for when conversation is running low; exception is if the activity promotes conversation or is not very physical, if at all. Banter is cute, but I need some SUBSTANTIAL exchanges also. I can't wrap my head around people who manage to pass hours just babbling cute in-the-moment comments - I come away from it wondering what we even talked about (nothing!).

I like one-on-one conversations or VERY small groups where you can analyze ideas and feelings a bit intensely without awkwardness (this is where I can seem intense to some). I prefer to discuss interests rather than what is going on my life at the moment or people I know. I like a relaxing atmosphere though - more like lounging around in a comfortable environment with plenty of food/drink & pleasant temperature. I've always romanticized the idea of cultures where people just sit around cafes philosophizing and stuff. :D

However, I also like some silliness, not too stiff. Stoic people make me uncomfortable, because while I can seem very calm on the outside, the core of me is not. Random/absurd stuff strikes me as a funny a lot, but if I cannot share that (because it's too "removed" to make sense or too sarcastic), then I can seem pretty serious.

I can bond over "mischievousness" with people. My childhood ENFP best friend & I would graffiti sometimes and try to break into empty buildings just because (I think it was like a "creative" challenge). I think that's a side of me most don't guess when they first meet me; they tend to think I'm more "good" than I really am, but then again I do have very high moral standards. I'm just also laid back about some stuff & can have a side that likes to "test" things, which I think is very Ne related.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like one-on-one conversations or VERY small groups where you can analyze ideas and feelings a bit intensely without awkwardness (this is where I can seem intense to some). I prefer to discuss interests rather than what is going on my life at the moment or people I know. I like a relaxing atmosphere though - more like lounging around in a comfortable environment with plenty of food/drink & pleasant temperature. I've always romanticized the idea of cultures where people just sit around cafes philosophizing and stuff. :D

However, I also like some silliness, not too stiff. Stoic people make me uncomfortable, because while I can seem very calm on the outside, the core of me is not. Random/absurd stuff strikes me as a funny a lot, but if I cannot share that (because it's too "removed" to make sense or too sarcastic), then I can seem pretty serious..
Yeah... you're IEI. :laugh: Probably IEI-Ni, which would explain why you can't see your Fe too well.

KDude

Dude, she just went totally Ne Si there.

She's an EII. They're the ones that like quieter, philosophical discussion, a little coziness/comfort, have a quiter demeanor, a little more dreamy, like smaller groups, etc.. Betas like larger groups, lots of Fe, some even enjoy racuousness.. they even like teasing people sometimes, or getting somewhat theatrical, lifting up group situations a little, just so the energy levels of the room are higher. They are proactive with F. IEI-Ni's are lower key, but still use their Fe to interact, and don't emphasize much about internal moral standards and such. They're more like "counselors" that are good at looking at the other person's point of view (Ni). They can then accomodate externally for the situation (Fe). They do not stress an internal model (Fi) as a means to connect. That's what she's doing above.. saying she has certain requirements to connect with people. That's Fi. That is not Fe. You can't mistake them.

Gammas also like smaller groups like Deltas, and it's possible she's an INTp.. but she's not like an INFp. INFps and ENFjs are a little more like Vicky Jo from the INFJ website. Watch some of her vids. Vicky says herself that she likes to simply involve herself in what people are talking about - and doesn't even know what her own internal values are like in an INFP sense (that's an extreme though.. but she serves as a reference on what the difference is).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's an EII.

Why do they make EII profiles sound like MBTI INFJs then? I mean, socionics attributes "J behavior" to FiNe, but I'm a pretty unstructured person externally; internally I am principled, but even that is offset with a dreamy, emotional nature. I guess that's why it does not resonate with me. The IEI type is also described as more of an aesthetic, which I identify with. ILI seemed like some sort of weird compromise :D. IDK....socionics just isn't for me.

/tangent

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I frankly don't think descriptions are the way to go in Socionics anymore than they are in MBTI. For some reason, even though the functions are completely different, the descriptions are the fucking same, even where that makes no sense. The dichotomies are mostly the same as well, even though if you look at the functions that doesn't really add up.

KDude

Why do they make EII profiles sound like MBTI INFJs then? I mean, socionics attributes "J behavior" to FiNe, but I'm a pretty unstructured person externally; internally I am principled, but even that is offset with a dreamy, emotional nature. I guess that's why it does not resonate with me. The IEI type is also described as more of an aesthetic, which I identify with. ILI seemed like some sort of weird compromise :D. IDK....socionics just isn't for me.

/tangent

It's better to read wikisocion function descriptions..

Besides, INFjs aren't necessarily structured externally.. They need someone with a better handle with "Te" in their lives just as much as ENFPs need it (while ESTj and ISTp appreciate Ne/Fi).

They are called "J" simply because their leading function is judging (Fi).