User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

After a very heartfelt, meaningful conversation with a mere acquaintance, which type is most likely to say, "Can I give you a hug?"
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I like subtlety - a kiss on his neck in passing, a pat on the shoulder. Or doing little things like having his favorite beer in the fridge, or washing his clothes, or making sure his TV show got recorded.

And then, without warning, I pounce. Full on attack. Hugs, kisses, and molestations galore!

Cherish the joy Hermit of the Forest's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

My affection ranges from subtle to not at all subtle. Bottom line, if I’m quite fond of you you’ll probably know it.
    Chase the adventure. Cherish the joy.

Cu·ri·ous
    adjective
    1. Eager to know or learn something.
    2. Strange; unusual.

INTP 9w1 2w1 5w6 so/sx
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

I love the language in this 2010 thread.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9?? sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

I like verbal reassurances and "I love yous" because I'm physically distant. I don't like physical clinginess.
    I'll hug my kids in greeting or in parting, but never in the day to day.
    With hubby, though, I'll let him smother me in an embrace. I lean into his chest. He kisses my head. It's a very brief thing.
    If he and I (or even me and the kids) are walking together in a store or something, I'll "hip bump" them, or I'll ??? what is that word when someone has their hands on their hips with their elbows out and you loop arms with them? I walk with hubby like that a lot.

That's about it.
    I'm very verbal: "I appreciated this and that... thank you... can I do/get... you're very handsome/sexy/smart/look great/amaze me..."
    And then I back it up by trying to do things I know they like or contributing/gifting/offering/making something.

Can you tell I'm sleepy lol. Use your words, Woman!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I have a hard time showing any affection, so its uncharted waters when I do. So if I am saying anything along the lines of like/love, then my feelings are really strong. Since I am a service based love-giver, I extend my own resources to you, and am rather host like.

Unicorn in disguise Lord Lavender's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I am quite emotionally distant as I don't feel comfortable expressing intimate emotions especially IRL so I tend to try and show affection via more subtle methods like being of service e.t.c.

Yes?

No. Subtle would be accurate.

Why?

I’m more about romantic gestures or thoughtfulness then emotionally gushing all over the place. Thankfully, so is my girlfriend. Any pronounced displays that might occur are rather private. No one is going to be yelling at us to get a room. I guess we’re rather old fashioned and boring in that regard.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

If you're too subtle, I'll probably logic it away and think it's not an actual display of affection. Some subtle is just fine, if it's in concert with not subtle. I need displays of affection to feel secure in a relationship, a relationship of any kind (romantic, friends, family). I need verbal expression, quality time, and physical touch. I enjoy acts of service and gifts.

I've never been with someone who wasn't subtle. I think huge public delays would make me uncomfortable, but displays that have nothing to do with whether it's public or not would be perfect.

I used to hold back a lot, out off necessity to keep myself from being hurt by being rejected or not having my affection reciprocated. And just having to hold back was really painful. If I really like someone, and especially if I love someone, I need to express it. I need to say I love you. I need to make sure they know that I do. I care about boundaries, so if I did something bothersome or didn't do something important, I'd try to adjust, but my affections have to come out somehow.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦
    -: ✦ :-
    ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋

★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    h n g ⊱9w1✶S✶5w4✶X✶2w1⊰ g h t
    Likes Hermit of the Forest liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I have some all or nothing aspect to how I show affection. For most friends and family, I don't like much physical contact, but with my SO, I always want more physical contact than they do. My partners have always been too subtle, or distant, which made me feel badly. I think my ideal is to be more subtle than my partner. I think that would be an awesome problem. There would be a certain tension in that dynamic that would work well for me.

I am quiet and kind of distant, but then find a way to say everything in one sentence. Also my face is expressive.
    It's entirely possible and realistic to live your life in such a way that you don't accidentally rape people. ME
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN
    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY
    You have to let the metaphysical guy chase you. ABIGAIL