• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you feel like you're ugly?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah I do at times. I've been single all my life, granted there were chances I didn't hop on because those girls didn't live up to my ideal of a perfect women (to this day, I feel like I owe those ladies something, I'm such a jackass). Physically, there are somethings that really hurt my self confidence. I have eczema and it was reaaaaally bad when I was a kid, which wasn't good for my development. I also have bad teeth and I'm only starting to get all those things fixed at the age of 22. Being poor doesn't help either as I really don't want to spend all that money on clothes. So... yeah :(

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think we all have those days. So yes, it happens.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I used to when I was younger. Other people told me I was ugly so many times I started believing it. When I look back now and I see those pictures, I actually see a very pretty girl, maybe even prettier than I am right now. It's just that you could just see the unhappiness I felt in those pictures. Nowadays I like the way I look. I think I can't complain (I know other people think differently about it, because they try to convince me I'm "fat" and stuff, but I like it).

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No not on the outside, but sometimes i fell i am ugly on the inside.:violin:

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I tend to think I am... my face is odd (not pretty or feminine really) and the features are really out of whack.

I'm short, a little stumpy, and neither curvaceous or petite. I'm more... frumpy.

I'm sure plenty of nf's who are 4s' relate to the sense of defectiveness. I think i'm quite ugly, but it doesn't really bother me to point it out any more. Some people will say i'm getting 'down on myself', but i'm not really, i'm merely pointing out that I have features which aren't harmonious, and people will either like and accept my features, or not like them, that's up to them. For myself, I see my appearance as something I can accept and move on from, or be caught up in, and I choose the former. I have no need to reject something I can't control (apart from body weight)! it's there, and simply a part of me :) it sustains my life, I owe it to treat it well.

P

Phantonym

Yeah, sure. Most of the time. Inside and out, no point in denying the facts. I consider feeling ugly far more worse than knowing that I am because there are days when knowing it doesn't really bother me, but feeling it makes things a lot worse. And I also know that I am a million times more critical of myself than anybody else ever could be. That's life. :shrug:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Feeling ugly is a societal stereotype laied on us. It's presence is everywhere and we have to share our daily lives with half-naked models on posters everywhere, who you have seen so often by now that they already became very boring. I reckon superficiality is a much deeper problem in America and people over the Ocean judge beauty far more often with the plain eye. This is a severe problem and if a beautiful soul, who I would describe nothing else but a beautiful person when talking about her, says something like this, we know we have come way too far:

Yeah, sure. Most of the time. Inside and out, no point in denying the facts. I consider feeling ugly far more worse than knowing that I am because there are days when knowing it doesn't really bother me, but feeling it makes things a lot worse. And I also know that I am a million times more critical of myself than anybody else ever could be. That's life. :shrug:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Hm. Well, I wouldn't really say I am ugly (outside), though people don't seem to be too happy with my paleness (I am hearing comments all the time since I was a little child and it didn't change). My eye rings sometimes also look alerting even to myself. Then again I also don't know if I fit in the typical manly looking man image; by face I always looked younger than I was, I am physically not very strong / not very muscled, and I don't fit with 175cm into the all-overshadowing ideal of tall, strong men. So I guess I am not physically attractive / "hot" for every woman, but people didn't seem repelled by me either just by looks, and I don't call myself ugly.

Inside? Uh, I guess I am not easy to handle, but not on purpose and usually I have good intentions, better than most people around me I would even say.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Feeling ugly is a societal stereotype laied on us. It's presence is everywhere and we have to share our daily lives with half-naked models on posters everywhere, who you have seen so often by now that they already became very boring. I reckon superficiality is a much deeper problem in America and people over the Ocean judge beauty far more often with the plain eye. This is a severe problem and if a beautiful soul, who I would describe nothing else but a beautiful person when talking about her, says something like this, we know we have come way too far:

Entropie has without a shadow of a doubt lifted the words right out of my mind.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
AM I ugly? probably not and people love me.

But life is ugly when you don't love yourself.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
No. I've thought of myself as completely unattractive in the past but I later realized it was just a matter of me intimidating people due to my personality.

I think the problem most people face though is not exactly feeling ugly (sometimes of course) per se....it's about having society creating outlandish standards than no one can possibly live up to...and then having to compare ourselves to that.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As an effect of a condition I have, as well as of the medication intended to relieve it, I gained 70 pounds in less than a year. Immediately following the weight gain, I found that I, up to that point, had equated fat with ugly. I don't think this thinking is all that uncommon.

I've since realized that while I am fat, I am not necessarily ugly. Preferences and attractiveness are far too varied for me to try to sync my ideas of myself up with what could "objectively" be considered attractive--there's no point. I don't feel ugly, so for all intents and purposes, I'm not. ;)

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I tend to think I am... my face is odd (not pretty or feminine really) and the features are really out of whack.

I'm short, a little stumpy, and neither curvaceous or petite. I'm more... frumpy.

I'm sure plenty of nf's who are 4s' relate to the sense of defectiveness.

I agree!

If I do not do my hair or face I believe I am so ugly I start crying! :doh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was told I was ugly, I feel ugly, so I am ugly

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've felt like it before (inside or outside), and I was ugly because I felt I was. When I feel good about myself I feel attractive. Pretty simple fact, applies for most people.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I was told that I am ugly.
But, as I got older, I also seemed to have stopped being ugly. I don't know when it happened. No one calls me ugly anymore.
I have to learn not to call myself ugly.

I was told I was ugly, I feel ugly, so I am ugly

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my looks really don't concern me that much... I spend minimal time getting ready in the morning (I get up as late as possible!) and my looks really don't OCCUR to me ever :doh:

however, I tend to get positive feedback from strangers and people I know frequently, so that informs me that I must at least have something going for me :laugh:

am I the only person that oblivious in the thread? :thinking:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
pfft. no.

i mean not to sound self-absorbed, and no question that i have some days where i look (and act) really rough. but no. and i'm not convinced that there's much positive or productive about thinking otherwise.

that said, i am very very self-conscious and take pretty good care of myself in terms of physical appearance... keep my nails clean/painted, makeup, (i think these things are fun and good creative outlets, they're not just for others' sake) basic hygiene, hair, exercise, etc. i try to constantly self-improve psychologically too. i used to have an eating disorder though, mostly because i am pretty muscular for a girl... i thought i was huge because a few of the guys at my school made fun of me for my calves being so curvy/toned when i was actually nearly underweight at the time. assholes. :steam: i figure revenge is found in looking good and being happy.

most of all i learned from falling in love with someone who is not classically "attractive" that once you love someone (at least, once i love someone), their beautiful qualities rise to the surface and their flaws become endearing. both physical and psychological stuff. :shrug: