• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you feel like you're ugly?

Fan.of.Devin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think I'm hideously ugly, but to be completely realistic, I don't think I'm remotely attractive either.

(FYI, I am not the person pictured in my avatar/signature, heh.)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is this at all along the lines of, "Ew, bodies. Skin. Hair. Fluids. Barf." type thing? I've never known anyone else to think that (or admit to thinking it.) It's interesting. I remember once, sitting in the bathtub, and thinking, "My skin is an organ. *poke* This is gross. I want OUT [of my skin] NOW!"

Weird. :D

:laugh:

that is a weird thought.

actually, i'm corrupted, because my dad's a doctor, and i grew up in and out of the hospital (chronic condition). so around my house there's like none of this. we'll discuss bodily fluids at the dinner table and occasionally we all stop and laugh because we realize how inappropriate it supposedly is.

sometimes i forget that not everyone's family is so weird and commit faux pas :blushing:

(FYI, I am not the person pictured in my avatar/signature, heh.)

:rofl1:

flore

MBTI Type
INFJ
sometimes.

although sometimes i do feel like a goddess too. lols.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
my looks really don't concern me that much... I spend minimal time getting ready in the morning (I get up as late as possible!) and my looks really don't OCCUR to me ever :doh:

however, I tend to get positive feedback from strangers and people I know frequently, so that informs me that I must at least have something going for me :laugh:

am I the only person that oblivious in the thread? :thinking:
I'm right there with you. I am generally unconcerned with my looks. As I read through this thread I realized I had no opinion on my own looks.

I started to say that no, I don't think I'm ugly, but I realized that could come off like I actually think I'm not ugly. It is different. I don't think I'm ugly, I don't think I'm not ugly, I just don't think about my own looks.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just wondering...

Yes, when I don't get a lot of compliments, I do, unfortunately. I don't go fishing for them, I just try to spend enough time in front of a mirror to assure some. :) It's sad. The complicated life of a vain esfp.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, actually.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
As an effect of a condition I have, as well as of the medication intended to relieve it, I gained 70 pounds in less than a year. Immediately following the weight gain, I found that I, up to that point, had equated fat with ugly. I don't think this thinking is all that uncommon.

I've found this to be somewhat true, and applied with different words totally true. People have sliding scales of what is "attractive." A "beautiful" face doesnt equal beauty to everyone, just like a "beautiful" body doesn't make everyone swoon. Depending on if someone wants to think good of themselves or bad they treasure either what they do or don't have.

I've been overweight for about 2 or 3 years. It's been kind of fun, a different approach to life. I find that many people are just as attracted (or not attracted) to heavier Laurie as to thinner Laurie. Someone who wants a certain "look" isn't going to find me attractive no matter what.

I don't think I'm ugly but I know there are people that won't "get" me and that I appear unattractive to.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't feel ugly. I think I look okay. I am a forty year old woman, though, so I'm conscious that I'm not getting any younger and I do not like how flabby my middle has gotten.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think I'm ugly, but I certainly didn't grow up thinking I was attractive. As an adult, I've gotten attention for my looks, and have learned to trust that data. :-D But I still tend to think people are exaggerating or something. Like, I can trust that I'm attractive, but I never feel like it's that big a deal. There are aspects of my looks that I'm insecure about, but I try not to point them out to others, in case they hadn't noticed. :p

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I'm ugly, but I certainly didn't grow up thinking I was attractive. As an adult, I've gotten attention for my looks, and have learned to trust that data. :-D But I still tend to think people are exaggerating or something.

Yeah, I think this summarizes myself. I *have* to trust any sort of outside 'data', because otherwise I'd be where I was at as a teenager, just really, truly believing I was horribly unattractive (well, and I DID have a few yrs there where I was more gangly/bizarre-looking than most teenagers ;)). It's admittedly always been a problem area for me, & hard to let go of that focus.

There are aspects of my looks that I'm insecure about, but I try not to point them out to others, in case they hadn't noticed. :p

I'm highly tripped up by one feature that's totally out of my control and basically traumatizes me if I don't just 'let go' of it. But other than that these days I'm pretty secure and happy with how I look, even though I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and some of my features are a little more unusual (i.e. nothing that people stereotypically associate with 'beauty').

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm about average. No one's throwing themselves at my feet, but then again no one's fleeing in horror. :smoke: Had serious self image/confidence problems as a kid and young adult, which was a shame, because looking back I wasn't bad looking at all.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just thought of a compliment I got from a boyfriend years ago: "You know, you're nobody's dream girl, but when I look at you, I think you're so pretty." That's about the size of it.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I am overweight and I hate that about myself. It think it has more to do with respect than with beauty. If feel like people will think that I am not very intelligent just because I am overweight.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to be beautiful. If I start to feel too badly about myself, I go to Walmart and look at everyone (real people v. TV). Then I start to feel better.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
One problem I have always had as an INFJ is that I am so lost in my thoughts of whatever recent project I am involved in that I completely forget to look at my outfit, fingernails, or anything as earthly as that.

G

Glycerine

Yeah, I think this summarizes myself. I *have* to trust any sort of outside 'data', because otherwise I'd be where I was at as a teenager, just really, truly believing I was horribly unattractive (well, and I DID have a few yrs there where I was more gangly/bizarre-looking than most teenagers ;)). It's admittedly always been a problem area for me, & hard to let go of that focus.

I'm highly tripped up by one feature that's totally out of my control and basically traumatizes me if I don't just 'let go' of it. But other than that these days I'm pretty secure and happy with how I look, even though I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and some of my features are a little more unusual (i.e. nothing that people stereotypically associate with 'beauty').
+1000 I totally agree.... my mom calls it "exotic beauty". haha.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i came to accept myself, meaning my objective flaws are not unattractive to my "taste",
but that does not stop me from assuming/calculating that other's find my flaws unatractive/unpalatable. and they do. since i accept myself, i can forgett about it though. i don't care about the taste of random strangers. but i can not assume they find me attractive. I feel that my "taste" for my objetive flaws is odd and rare brand of taste, no one shares it. i can naively assume they find me acceptable. i often do, only to find out i am not so acceptable to them...

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I was looking at old photographs of myself and I saw that I was a perfectly cute little kid. It was when I was eight years old and saddled with a pair of hideous-looking glasses that I started thinking that I was ugly. Also, it didn't help that I was always the smallest kid in my class. I believed myself to be "little and ugly." It wasn't a very pleasant feeling.:cry:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am more handsome than all of you motherfuckers combined. I am a superstar.

And I know I'm not NF. Don't care...

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Aleksei; said:
I am more handsome than all of you motherfuckers combined. I am a superstar.

And I know I'm not NF. Don't care...

:p