• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you feel like you're ugly?

G

Glycerine

I used to think I was really ugly and would cry about it a lot.. it was ridiculous. On top of the physical, I used to convince myself that I was really ugly on the inside so the "physical ugliness" probably reflected that. This is probably because when I was a little kid I was made to feel that I was an nuisance, burden, and "not good enough". I am alright, I guess.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No.

Sometimes I feel disgusting, but that doesn't have to do with my looks, that has to do with being human. :/

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Sure, sometimes.

I dismiss such feelings when they arise, though, because it's always the result of letting shit like this get to me:

Feeling ugly is a societal stereotype laid on us. It's presence is everywhere and we have to share our daily lives with half-naked models on posters everywhere, who you have seen so often by now that they already became very boring.

like skylights said, there is nothing productive about letting these things get to me. There's no point; I eat right, i exercise, i take my vitamins and my thyroid medication. Statistically there are only so many women who naturally look like the ones that are plastered on billboards and such. In a culture where there's always something wrong with you there's little else for me to do.

Chloe

i think i am pretty, to be honest.
i think i'd deal awful with not feeling pretty, since i tend to deal very bad with my other flaws, so thank god, at least something i dont feel like whining about. i dont also envy more pretty women, which feels good.

until 2 yrs ago i was really paying attention to how i look, dress etc... but then i just got bored with all that, fashion etc., now i rarely think about clothes, just put on the first thing i find.

when i was a kid i thought i am not pretty, and remember looking myself in a mirror standing next to my sister, who is extremely gorgeous, and thinking "ah, well, you didnt get looks, but you have ... yourself" - because i was so immersed in what was going on around me, was very active and fun loving, i really didnt bother about how i look, but i had it somewhere in my subconscious that i am not v pretty, which was partialy a burdeon, but i didnt obsess about it.... and then i remember as puberty hit, when i looked myself in a mirror first time and figure out i am not really ugly. hah, i remember that day, it was so weird, and big relief.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sometimes, which is normal. I honestly don't care if other people think i'm ugly though.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
not ugly but ... not pretty enough. although i have recently been asked by amateur photographers in town if i wanted to model so ... MUHAHAAHA ... i never feel ugly, just never beautiful enough. there are always, always girls more gorgeous than i. i need to be pretty. it's bad. for some reason, it matters A Lot to me. i get a lot of attention lately after losing some weight. so strange.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, sometimes I wish I was more attractive. I don't think of myself is ugly but I don't see myself as particularly attractive either. Just kind of plain and homely. I haven't had people tell me I'm ugly (well maybe in middle school but that doesn't really count) but on the other hand I don't exactly attract suitors either.

I could probably be pretty attractive if I put more effort into it but usually I don't want to bother. I'm very low maintanance and would rather spend time doing other things than enhancing my looks. Basically, my hair is the sort where I just wash it and then brush it. I don't bother with all the styling. No makeup except for special occasions, minimal to no jewelry/accesories. I don't polish my nails or get manicures but I do keep them neatly clipped. My clothes are pretty simple too. I dress appropriately for the occasion but I don't dress to stand out. I don't care about the latest trends but I don't want to be so out of the loop that people sneer at me everywhere I go. I don't have the thin genes, and I've come to terms with acceptance that I'll never be skinny unless I starve myself.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I've felt ugly and beautiful, back and forth throughout various stages of development. Currently I feel beautiful, and have felt so for the last 3 or 4 years. Hopefully I won't relapse.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think i am pretty, to be honest.

:static:

(why is this smiley's code "static" anyway?)

I used to think I was really ugly and would cry about it a lot.. it was ridiculous. On top of the physical, I used to convince myself that I was really ugly on the inside so the "physical ugliness" probably reflected that. This is probably because when I was a little kid I was made to feel that I was an nuisance, burden, and "not good enough". I am alright, I guess.

judging by your pictures and the way you express yourself on here i think you are doing very well both inside and out :hug:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm ugly but I have pretty eyes and I'm talented and I can cook, so ... can't have everything. Also, I am not looking at myself so to whatever degree I'm ugly, once I'm out the door in the morning, it's somebody else's problem. I'm thinking about other things.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Depends.

On one level I know I'm not ever going to be considered mainstream attractive by race or by the rest of the world. On the other hand, I noticed certain types of people like the way I look because. ...I can't explain it, it's cultural, I guess. I'm just going to say "sometimes" because sometimes I get tired of it.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I used to question whether or not I was weird looking. I've never really been very popular (which I suppose has more to do with being an exceptionally weird person); but after I started dating my ENFJ, who constantly tells me how extraordinarily attractive I am, I feel better about myself.

So no, I do not think I'm ugly... even if some people do.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Nope. More so, I feel like I've got a good basis and if I get fit, then I'll have an even better basis.
Positive perspective pwns. :yes:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was a really, really, scarily ugly pre-teen and teen and now I'm vastly improved, so now I never feel completely ugly, knowing what it could look like. :D

Though some days I think I look like a meth addict, which is probably accurate. :laugh:

kccrush

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't think really anyone has to be ugly as long as you take good care of yourself. I think the more you work out, or spend time reading/writing, or engaged in whatever pastime makes you happy and feel passion, that this must come out of your essence and there's no way you can feel ugly if you imbue your surroundings with this love of life.

As for me, I don't feel ugly. But there were times in my 20's when I gained weight and was generally miserable in the closet. But as soon as I came out of the closet, all of a sudden I became beautiful. It's hard to describe it, but it was a tiny miracle on many levels :)

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sometimes I feel disgusting...

Is this at all along the lines of, "Ew, bodies. Skin. Hair. Fluids. Barf." type thing? I've never known anyone else to think that (or admit to thinking it.) It's interesting. I remember once, sitting in the bathtub, and thinking, "My skin is an organ. *poke* This is gross. I want OUT [of my skin] NOW!"

Weird. :D

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I should feel ugly considering the mega neglect I have experienced in my life.
And I should feel awful considering the mega loneliness I have experience in my life too.

However there I was Principle Skinner style aka The Simpsons, dribbling a ball underneath all that newspaper to occupy my sanity, no coconuts for me you hear...stomach churning.

Thank the fuck for my imagination hay, if I didn't have that I would feel more than a little ugly considering the mega lack of intimacy in my life too.

In other words no.
Strangely I'm in high spirits, more and more each month. Even though I should feel ugly the opposite is happening which is lovely. Even though I do get these bizarre fluxes of none ugliness and a bit of fudglyness but I do believe the word ugly is removed from my vocabulary or I'm just selective. :D

My philosophy there's a whole lot of fudgliness to love. Why fight fate, if I love my fudgliness that's all that matters. hahaha.

gromit

likes this
Occasionally. But mostly no. I think I'm about average...

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Not anymore. I have my days, but ultimately, the looks thing has become lesser of a priority and I just wanna please myself by living healthy and satisfying. I am just me. It's kind of funny there's a whole branch of business that wants to make you feel like crap about the way you look.