• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP man, ISTP woman

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
Any ENFP guys with ISTP girls on here who can tell me what such a relationship is like?

ladyISTP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
well, I'm a female ISTP, and one of my best friends is a male ENFP. We aren't dating, but I could definitely see it happening in the future.
If you have ever read the ISTP/ENFP dual dynamics. It's very similar.
He loves people, while I'm not such a big fan.
He's open emotionally, while I almost never budge.(which I can tell he loves. He loves to use his intuition to try to figure out how i feel and then test them by my reactions.)
We get along great though.
He loves my rationality, randomness, and my 'hidden' vulnerability.
While I love his emotions, openness, impulsiveness, and his little insecurity.
The only times we ever run into a problem is when we argue (which is only for a very brief period of time),
he gets annoyed with my stubbornness and I'll get annoyed with his somewhat lack of rationality.
But like I said, arguments between us are very rare and they normally pass within the half hour, not even.
I've heard that male ENFP and female ISTP relationships usually end with the ISTP breaking up with the ENFP
because enfps tend to be clingy, but that's not a problem at all between us. Honestly, if anything, it flatters me.
I hope this actually helps.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I get the feeling that anyone who has enough enough patience, will be greatly rewarded by an ISTP in romance, regardless of their type.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
my best friend is with an ISTP. She's kind of bossy at times though, which I thought was uncharacteristic of ISTPs in general. This is due to my ENFP friend's tendency to slack off and be very lazy. They've been together for about a year and a half now and already have had a child together (wasn't planned). They seem to do alright for some reason, even though they seem to have nothing in common except for humor.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my best friend is with an ISTP. She's kind of bossy at times though, which I thought was uncharacteristic of ISTPs in general. This is due to my ENFP friend's tendency to slack off and be very lazy. They've been together for about a year and a half now and already have had a child together (wasn't planned). They seem to do alright for some reason, even though they seem to have nothing in common except for humor.

I realize this thread is old. Oh well. Humor is huge for this type pairing. At least with my experience. If we didn't have that in common I don't think I would still be with him.

He said I'm sardonic as hell. I think my enfp likes the darker, drier humor maybe because it feels "wrong". Often he will laugh and say, "that's mean". I like getting that reaction from him. It's all in good fun.

I like that he gets my humor and his wit is off the charts. Comes from all directions and it's really smart. Our styles feed off each other.

Believe it or not, it helps in our conflicts often. We each use it differently. I'll use humor to buffer a hard truth I think he needs to hear. He will use it to change the subject if he sees me getting angry. It just overall slows things down while getting the main points across.

Peachykeen

I realize this thread is old. Oh well. Humor is huge for this type pairing. At least with my experience. If we didn't have that in common I don't think I would still be with him.

He said I'm sardonic as hell. I think my enfp likes the darker, drier humor maybe because it feels "wrong". Often he will laugh and say, "that's mean". I like getting that reaction from him. It's all in good fun.

I like that he gets my humor and his wit is off the charts. Comes from all directions and it's really smart. Our styles feed off each other.

Believe it or not, it helps in our conflicts often. We each use it differently. I'll use humor to buffer a hard truth I think he needs to hear. He will use it to change the subject if he sees me getting angry. It just overall slows things down while getting the main points across.

Haha omg yes! This is my relationship so closely (I'm the ISTP female). My analytical nature vs his intuitive nature has caused conflicts but we've both learned to compromise and "speak each other's language" so to speak. He can also be such an asshole in good fun and i joke that our relationship works because I've finally met someone as mean as me. Still, i think i am the meaner one and enjoy the "that's so mean!" reactions as well. What you said about humor in conflicts is so spot on.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are two kinds of ENFPs for me, ones that are interesting and know how to control their tendencies and ones that just overwhelm. They're really fun no matter what (most of the time) but sometimes I need my space. I prefer SFPs for this reason, they seem to be more aware of this for whatever reason.