• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Totally confusing spot right now about jobs

RobinsonCrusoe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm in a totally confusing spot and need some help. I don't even know how it happened.

I've posted a few times before on how important it is for ENFPs to move out of the house after college or in their 20's and start their own lives. It hadn't happened yet due to the economy so I've been here for about a year or so now. Just recently, I was talking to a former professor from college who told me his friend's company was looking for a college grad and he said he'd recommend me for it. But it's a finance job that involves lots of heavy statistical modeling and research.

Maybe I'm being immature by even debating whether or not to take this? I mean, it's practically a godsend. I've been complaining all year about being stuck here at home and when an opportunity like this comes along, i'm suddenly unsure of my resolve. :unsure:

It pays enough for me to move out. Not enough to eat out every night (or even every week) but definitely something I can scrounge by on. My logical voice is telling me to bite the bullet, accept the job, and make my next move to something i really want after I take this. I think it's my ENFP-side that's telling me to wait it out and that the perfect job will eventually come for me.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd go for the job. It provides a sure source of income. You can move out and have more freedom and you can still look for a better job if you choose to do so.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Can you quit whenever you want? If so, go for the job man.

Wait, have I just described an ENFPs MO for any and everything in life?!

RobinsonCrusoe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes I can quit but the problem is that I'm worrying about my professor's reputation if the guy he recommends quits after only a few weeks or months/ so if I do this I want to give the company at least a full year so that I'm not just taking advantage of them.

I'm just being immature. Of course I should take this job. Staying home is definitely the worse alternative at this point. Jeez, it's such an obvious solution, why do I keep second guessing myself?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yes I can quit but the problem is that I'm worrying about my professor's reputation if the guy he recommends quits after only a few weeks or months/ so if I do this I want to give the company at least a full year so that I'm not just taking advantage of them.

I'm just being immature. Of course I should take this job. Staying home is definitely the worse alternative at this point. Jeez, it's such an obvious solution, why do I keep second guessing myself?

Don't ignore it! If you have a bad a feeling about it, it's for good reason.

Don't ever make or not make a career choice based on guilt. I understand the concern very well. It might even be enough for me personally to not take the job. I need freedom to do what I want when I want, without affecting others too much.