• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How high/low is your energy level?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've always had a pretty low energy level, but when i was in high school i would get in crazy hyper moods where i'd be bouncing off the walls. i graduated a little over 2 years ago and i feel like since then i've been getting more and more lazy and i'm tired all the time now. i used to stay up until 4 or 5am all the time and now i pass out at 10. and i liked parties a lot more except i still stuck with the people i knew for the most part. i used to test as ENFP too. i'm still not sure if i'm an INFP who was going through a weird phase or if i'm just a shy, depressed ENFP.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
i think infps are notorious for normally low energy but with sporadic very-high energy 'periods' which is a bit bipolar

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Usually? Low. I'm usually quiet, reserved, and sometimes almost zombie-like.
But in social situations that I can really enjoy, my energy tends to be quite high. Especially with friends. It fluctuates, but more often than not, it seems like I took a sedative in the morning.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Usually? Low. I'm usually quiet, reserved, and sometimes almost zombie-like.
But in social situations that I can really enjoy, my energy tends to be quite high. Especially with friends. It fluctuates, but more often than not, it seems like I took a sedative in the morning.

but you're still Ne dom? i thought Ne automatically makes you sort of zip around like you're on drugs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
but you're still Ne dom? i thought Ne automatically makes you sort of zip around like you're on drugs.

I relate to HotPinkHeatWave a lot. I don't think being Ne dom necessarily makes you a "high energy" person...we aren't ESxx or ENTJs. I actually thought I was an introvert for a long time.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Then again...I've had some (mainly older) people tell me they envy my energy...I walk fast and I usually get physical exercise...

I still don't consider myself high energy.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
It completely depends on my mood. If bipolar disorder had a wider spectrum, I'd be on the very minor end... it's all up or all down.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My energy has always fluctuated pretty wildly. I just go with it. It's also made me figure out ways to do things that take as little effort as possible so I feel like I have some in reserve. Although lately I seem to be running on fumes all the time. I have more energy in cold weather than in hot, do really well October through about the end of December; the rest of the year, who knows from day to day or hour to hour. Mr. Awesome's post is definitely also my experience. It took me six months to get around to finishing a closet clearing out project. Eh. It doesn't do to rush into things ...

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
It completely depends on my mood. If bipolar disorder had a wider spectrum, I'd be on the very minor end... it's all up or all down.

totally. it does have a wide spectrum. something called soft bipolar, which i probably am.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
totally. it does have a wide spectrum. something called soft bipolar, which i probably am.

Cyclothymia?

I should've said that I have bipolar disorder without the "disorder."

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Cyclothymia?

I should've said that I have bipolar disorder without the "disorder."

i am not sure. this 'soft bipolar' theory is still unofficial. people believe bipolar disorder is either a check or blank but it's a pretty wide spectrum. i call myself multi-polared :workout:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i am not sure. this 'soft bipolar' theory is still unofficial. people believe bipolar disorder is either a check or blank but it's a pretty wide spectrum. i call myself multi-polared :workout:

Bipolar disorder involves extreme changes of mood WITHOUT any external trigger.

Being sensitive to the behavior of other people or being emotionally intense doesn't necessarily equal bipolar.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was termed "subclinically manic."

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I was termed "subclinically manic."

What is that? Pre-bipolar disorder? Are you at high risk of developing bipolar disorder? Have you ever had a manic episode?

(Forgive me, I know I'm off topic.)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It means that at least at that time, I was a tinge manic. My ups and downs, at least at that time, were higher and lower than most. My highs are still very high. The downs have evened out as I've become powerful enough as an adult to remove myself from stressors and triggers. I don't feel at any risk of bipolar disorder.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i'm a medium-energy-level person, i think. i hop between levels easily... i usually start out the day pretty low-key but i'm easy to wind up. i guess i usually adapt my bodily energy level to meet my environment, which i suppose is a reasonable idea for an extravert. :shrug:

hahaha noooo. i wish. it makes your mind do that, for sure, but actual bodily energy is kinda different. the situation i face is that when i'm in a go-go-go situation, i have no problem go-go-going, but if i need to get my ass moving and am not in that situation, it's hard to get motivated. being a P and an E is kind of a weird combo when it comes to this, i guess. :thinking:

i get the weirdest feeling when i leave a really wound-up place too... it's like, all of a sudden, i get that feeling like right before you cry. a feeling of loss and emptiness, i guess. sometimes it's an okay feeling but other times i really hate it. it's like stimulation withdrawal or something. not sensory stimulation, necessarily, but... i dunno, thought stimulation. all of a sudden you're just left with yourself, and love myself though i do, with nothing occupying me anymore, my anxieties and actual tiredness can suddenly flood into my head. negative external things are easier to just fix and/or get pissed off at and blow off and/or simply ignore than my own negativity. it helps to have someone i love to come home to, just for the simple grounding and implied assurance - though living alone has helped me get more self-assured, too.

The whole point of going out (on a date, etc.) is to be able to come back and talk about it afterward...

lol i know what you mean. especially if i'm with a significant other. i think it's fun to interact with everyone and get out and go places and explore but man is it nice to cuddle up and talk about it afterwards too.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have moderate energy. There are days when I can lazily do nothing and be fine with it, but there are days when I have to accomplish something.
This is especially the case when I have a routine of activity- I need to get out and move at least once a day at those times.

I'll give you the insignificant details, as I'm bored and feel like talking about myself :D.
Currently, I wake up anywhere from 7-9am and get to classes on Mon-Fri. After those, I change and head to my Zumba classes a few times a week. Then it's a lot of homework, bothering my Dad, and/or karaoke. On the weekends, I drag my Dad somewhere if I have little intention of going out otherwise.
Basically, going to school and implementing a routine has destroyed much of my ability to just relaaax by myself.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am very low energy. I can usually accomplish one significant thing a day. If I do more, then I will pay for it the following days & not accomplish much. I find pacing myself important, as well as not setting too many goals in too short a time frame, which only serves to make me disappointed with myself and agitated.

I can do some sort of work and still socialize later if the socializing is low-key, and especially if the work is not people-heavy. I do need a lot of down time doing "nothing" to just THINK and regain some mental energy. Dealing with people and accomplishing external tasks draws on my mental energy. External elements which ask less from me and are more about just taking in info drain me less - ie. reading or listening to music inspires thoughts, but I don't need to express anything externally.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have high energy but it goes into solitary activities, there only a handful of people I can socialize with but after a night with a couple of friends I need at least a week on my own.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The internet drains my energy level. Yet I always come back and end up staying awake for days just reading and foruming and playing games. When I have work to do and people to do it with, my energy is much higher. Sometimes an atmosphere can create an awesome buzz of energy in me, and similarly, a negative feeling will have me brooding and wishing I could do something about it. I've been feeling a bit too atuned and concerned about how other people are feeling and what they're thinking lately. Sort of Feelerish hmmm... I have just been motivated to do some homework now, coupled with naps because I haven't slept all night :doh: