• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF and the after effects of sex

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w9
Has anyone ever felt like they have given their all to someone? Been completely honest beyond the reach of words, with someone? Maybe even felt as if they had given their soul to someone else, through a sexual experience? If so, did you feel like your partner did the same? If not, how did it feel to be completely exposed, emptied of yourself, but not filled by the other?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Has anyone ever felt like they have given their all to someone? Been completely honest beyond the reach of words, with someone? Maybe even felt as if they had given their soul to someone else, through a sexual experience? If so, did you feel like your partner did the same? If not, how did it feel to be completely exposed, emptied of yourself, but not filled by the other?

I only have that kind of sex after I think my soul is safe.
What I mean is we would already have had to connect on other levels before I would open up like that.

So the first part of your question is yes.
The second part might have happened .. But I don't seem to recall ever feeling exposed after sex for giving more than the other person.. I am pretty good at reading my partner anyway.. I like to lead, but I tend to let them set the mood. If they aren't going spiritual about things, neither will I

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm protective of my inner-self because I'm not resilient and sex, to me, is too vulnerable an event to engage in with someone I don't have a strong relationship/commitment with.

I don't really experience sex as a spiritual experience, though. It's more of the mutual satisfaction of a strong physical need.

It's just one part, albeit an important one, of life and of a relationship. Not a huge deal, really.

Last edited:

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Nope. Sex is sex. I became emotionally attached once and a while, but I got over it quickly.

No one can have my soul. No one.

How did was it to feel exposed and emptied of myself? Uhm. I have no idea.

Even as a feeler.. I don't get other feelers sometimes. :/

Edit: I agree with Stringstheory. The only way someone can look into my soul (but not have) is through conversation. Deep conversation. And it takes a very, very large amount of trust for me to open up to the point of sharing my inner most thoughts and feelings.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't get how such a thing could happen without it being mutual.

are you saying you tried to connect and couldn't? did you feel used or something after? are you two in love and/or spirtitually connected otherwise?

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
i don't get how such a thing could happen without it being mutual.

are you saying you tried to connect and couldn't? did you feel used or something after? are you two in love and/or spirtitually connected otherwise?

I can. One person cares, 'gives themselves up', and the other person.. Doesn't give a fuck. Simple as that.

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w9
Thanks for the feedback. I am speaking about a spiritual experience during sex, and I very much intend a sexual experience to be spiritual. It never is just sex. If it is, then what's the point really, might as well have it alone, without the complications of the other. I havn't had this experience yet, just wondering what it would be like, if it did happen that way, and I'm guessing that no one ever really has had it happen that way...I guess it was an unrealistic projection of what might happen.

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP

Yes, I can relate.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've recognized the full potential for this, but haven't had the opportunity to explore it.
My past experiences are riddled with another sort of empty feeling, but not the one that comes when the whole of one's self is shared. It's the empty feeling from not sharing the whole of one's self.
Otherwise, I've kept my full self to me. You can definitely do this even by kissing someone. It's the only experience that I can absolutely compare to what you're describing.
Personally, I find it easier to lose yourself in a kiss. You're less aware of you own vulnerability, likely because there doesn't seem to be vulnerability.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can. One person cares, 'gives themselves up', and the other person.. Doesn't give a fuck. Simple as that.

Yeah I thought she meant for her it was this beautiful spiritual experience but not for her partner and for me it could only be experienced like that if it were shared..so I was confused but I get now it was just hypothetical so that makes more sense.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

I completely relate to the sexual fantasy, but have never had this mystical experience IRL. From the other posts, I'm guessing it's only a fantasy, or extremely rare, indeed.

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w9
Yeah I thought she meant for her it was this beautiful spiritual experience but not for her partner and for me it could only be experienced like that if it were shared..so I was confused but I get now it was just hypothetical so that makes more sense.

Uhm, I'm a dude LadyX

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I cried the last time I had sex with my ex. I knew it was going to be the last time, even though we didn't make it official. I think he started crying when we were playing Monopoly or something, but I started crying when we had sex. I don't always do that. It was a symbolic representation of EVERYTHING we had shared (we were togther, very intensely, for years) not just because of sex.

I think it's mistake to say that sex is always this deep, emotional thing, because it's not. Of course, perhaps because I am NF (or maybe this has nothing to do with it) I do always feel a certain connection or kindness toward the person I'm with. But that deep emotional connection you only have with certain people and it's based on other things, too.

It's difficult to articulate. I honestly, verbose as I am, have a difficult time articulating it.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
To the OP, no. Before I was with someone I love sex was just sex.

Lark

I'm protective of my inner-self because I'm not resilient and sex, to me, is to vulnerable an event to engage in with someone I don't have a strong relationship/commitment with.

I don't really experience sex as a spiritual experience, though. It's more of the mutual satisfaction of a strong physical need.

It's just one part, albeit an important one, of life and of a relationship. Not a huge deal, really.

I'm not NF, I'm NT but this is my experience too.

Now I would say that this hasnt always been the case but it is the case now, when I was younger I had different expectations of sex, which tended to swing between the extremis of physical/recreational and spiritual/higher nature.

To be honest its part of the reason that I'm interested in the topic and also the various accounts that others, particularly younger people, make, I'm not convinced that following all the dramatic changes from repressed to entirely open that society has really got it right in terms of the messages it transmits about sex and how it helps to form peoples expectations.

That said its not succeeded in creating perfect mutual expectations in relation to life in general let alone sex.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

In case it helps (as some sort of "control" data or something -- to see what is NF and what is something other than that), I don't do the bolded part above unless my partner is already doing the same. And it's not something conscious I choose or not choose, it's just an organic unfolding from our relationship.

I've had sex that was just sex and sex just to satisfy a need, and it made me personally feel kind of dirty most of the time; I've also had sex that was a transcendent experience in alignment with the quoted paragraph.