• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
“When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.” Catherine Ponder

“Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head” Ann Landers

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Good quotes. I feel the same way. :hug:

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
Henry Ellis

"Here's what I think, Mr. Wind-Up Bird," said May Kasahara. "Everybody's born with some different thing at the core of their existence. And that thing, whatever it is, becomes like a heat source that runs each person from the inside. I have one too, of course. Like everybody else. But sometimes it gets out of hand. It swells or shrinks inside me, and it shakes me up. What I'd really like to do is find a way to communicate that feeling to another person. But I can't seem to do it. They just don't get it. Of course, the problem could be that I'm not explaining it very well, but I think it's because they're not listening very well. They pretend to be listening, but they're not, really. So I get worked up sometimes, and I do some crazy things."

— Haruki Murakami (The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle)

MBTI Type
Mann
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.
-Ayn Rand

So let us then pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another. - Rom 14:19

"There is no detaining the wind."

Love these threads btw. NFs and quotes :)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
“If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.”
Frank A. Clark

Expanding

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
"I am not bound to win but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed but I am bound to live up to what light I have"
Abraham Lincoln

"The love we give away is the only love we keep"
Elbert Hubbard

"If success depends upon misusing those about you-opt for failure!
Pam Brown

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. " - Nietzsche

Within

Permabanned
“Abashed the devil stood, / And felt how awful goodness is.”

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
"I can't trust a man who doesn't drink, because a man who doesn't drink doesn't trust himself."
- Hemingway -

"If by supporting the rights of mankind I shall save from the agonies of death one unfortunate victim of tyranny, or of ignorance, equally fatal, his blessings will be sufficient consolation to me for the contempt of all mankind."
- John Adams - (quoting the Marquis of Beccaria)

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
- C. S. Lewis -

"If you want truth to stand clear before you, never be for or against. The struggle between "for" and "against" is the mind's worst disease."
- Sent-ts'an -

"The defining character of American constitutional government is its constant tension between security and liberty, serving both by partial helpings of each."
- Justice Souter -

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires, than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self."
- Aristotle -

Jaguar

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
“A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one” Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

“They keep saying the right person will come along, I think mine got hit by a truck.”

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Segui Il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti (follow your own path and let the people talk) - Marx (via Dante)

"Death solves all problems. No man - no problem" - Stalin

"Silence is one of the great arts of conversation" - Cicero

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
"You gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight"

-Bruce Cockburn-

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
“Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.” Buddha

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Fucking Insomina!"

-Halla :dry:

P

Phantonym

"I wish people could achieve what they think would bring them happiness in order for them to realize that that's not really what happiness is." - Alanis Morissette

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

I don't know who said it.. but it's looping big time right now

P

Phantonym

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

I don't know who said it.. but it's looping big time right now

Albert Einstein

“Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place.” - Dear Abby

:laugh: True, though.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.

-Robert Heinlein

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

-Buddha