• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I think I'll go over in that field and suck on that"

-the guy who discovered cow's milk.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“I am nothing. I’m like someone who’s been thrown into the ocean at night, floating all alone. I reach out, but no one is there. I call out, but no one answers. I have no connection to anything.”

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
"I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls."
Anais Nin
Enfp

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dreams have never been the answer
And dreams have never made my bed

- Chris Cornell

VRose

Lots of good quotes! Here are my favorites:

What is easy is not always right, what is right is not always easy

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing
-Socrates

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, and you should never wish to do less
Robert E Lee

We are each other's harvest, we are each other's business, we are each other's magnitude and bond
-Gwendolyn Brooks

Truth is a constant delight to those that love her, such beauty holds no power to offend
-Byzantium

I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people
-Vincent Van Gogh

To worship rightly is to love each other/ Each smile a hymn, each kindly word a prayer
-Whittier

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.

Life is a parade of fools and I am at the front of it twirling a baton
-Dean Koontz (Odd Thomas)

noneya

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"Positive thinking is powerful thinking. If you want happiness, fulfillment, success..start thinking you have the power to achieve those things" - G.K

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"All the words that I utter,
And all the words that I write,
Must spread out their wings untiring,
And never rest in their flight,
Till they come where your sad, sad heart is,
And sing to you in the night,
Beyond where the waters are moving,
Storm-darken'd or starry bright."

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
“No man is poor who does not think himself so. But if in a full fortune with impatience he desires more, he proclaims his wants and his beggarly condition.” - Jeremy Taylor

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"All of a man's troubles come from his inability to sit quietly in a room by himself."
— Arnold Rothstein

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Early in my career...I had to choose between an honest arrogance and a hypercritical humility... I deliberately choose an honest arrogance, and I've never been sorry."
---Frank Lloyd Wright

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten."

-Neil Gaiman

"I really don't know what 'I love you' means. I think it means 'don't leave me here alone.' "

-Neil Gaiman

"Cats don't have names. Now you people have names. That's because you don't know who you are. We know who we are, so we don't need names."

-Neil Gaiman

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I wish I were a girl again, half savage and hardy, and free; and laughing at injuries, not maddening under them!"

phoenix31

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them." -Paulo Coelho

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"This morning I am wonderfully peaceful. Just like a storm that has spent itself."

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Here we may note that the words heard by Daniel, were, as we have shown above, simply imaginary, so that it is hardly wonderful that...he imagined them so confusedly and obscurely that afterwards he could make nothing of them."

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
"Before the invention of the telephone, you had to lie to people to their face!"

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
“I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Though it's not a mood, it has rather become a way of life. At least I am glad to have found this quote that explains what I feel like 99% of the time. Maybe I should use it as a signature again.