• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
“If anyone is unwilling to descend into himself, because this is too painful, he will remain superficial in his writing. . . If I perform to myself, then it’s this that the style expresses. And then the style cannot be my own. If you are unwilling to know what you are, your writing is a form of deceit.”
-Ludwig Wittgenstein

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"Man, do not pride yourselves on your superiority to the animals, for they are without sin, while you, with all your greatness, you defile the earth wherever you appear and leave an ignoble trail behind you - and that is true, alas, for almost every one of us!" - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"There are certain emotions in your body that not even your best friend can sympathize with, but you find the right film or the right book, and it will understand you." - Bjork

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die" - Da Vinci

L

LadyLazarus

"She's striding through my life, singing these anger blues"-the Gun Club

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:headphne:

"Radiohead's own songs, [...] next to the white noise of prefab pop, sound like the music of a hidden world, hymns from a sunken cathedral."
- Alex Ross, The New Yorker

Yeah. :heart:

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth."

Noon

Warsan Shire said:
Come with every wound and every woman you’ve ever loved; every lie you’ve ever told and whatever it is that keeps you up at night. Every mouth you’ve punched in, all the blood you’ve ever tasted. Come with every enemy you’ve ever made and all the family you’ve ever buried and every dirty thing you’ve ever done; every drink that’s burnt your throat and every morning you’ve woken with nothing and no one. Come with all your loss, your regrets, sins, memories, black outs, secrets. I’ve never seen anything more beautiful than you.
~

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
“There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”
― Laurell K. Hamilton

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"I have no idea what scheme you sand-village clowns are pulling but i'll stop it, no matter what it is." -Sasuke

Geonat

A happy life is impossible; the best a man can attain is a heroic life

[Schopenhauer, Parerga and Paralipomena §172]

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice. You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill. I will choose the path that's clear. I will choose free will." - Neil Peart

G

Ginkgo

A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.

The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.

-Camus

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Everything outside me seems far, far away." - Meg White

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“I love this world because it is imperfect. It is imperfect, and that's why it is growing; if it was perfect it would have been dead. Growth is possible only if there is imperfection. I would like you to remember again and again, I am imperfect, the whole universe is imperfect, and to love this imperfection, to rejoice in this imperfection is my whole message.”
― Osho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."