• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

Sy_

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
“You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don’t know it, all of that doesn’t even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It’s not like you have forever, so don’t waste any of your seconds, don’t throw even one of your moments away.”
C. JoyBell C.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That's what going on most of the time in my brain:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Often we ask ourselves
to make absolute sense
out of what just happens,
and in this way, what we are practicing

is suffering,
which everybody practices,
but strangely few of us
grow graceful in.

Tony Hoagland, from his poem Self-Improvement

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
“Stop thinking about art works as objects, and start thinking about them as triggers for experiences. (Roy Ascott’s phrase.) That solves a lot of problems: we don’t have to argue whether photographs are art, or whether performances are art, or whether Carl Andre’s bricks or Andrew Serranos’s piss or Little Richard’s ‘Long Tall Sally’ are art, because we say, ‘Art is something that happens, a process, not a quality, and all sorts of things can make it happen.’ … [W]hat makes a work of art ‘good’ for you is not something that is already ‘inside’ it, but something that happens inside you — so the value of the work lies in the degree to which it can help you have the kind of experience that you call art.”

Brian Eno

Lark

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

“Man is the only animal for whom his own existence is a problem which he has to solve.”
― Erich Fromm

“One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often.”
― Erich Fromm

“Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.”
― Erich Fromm

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay- this is my own quote I'm coming up with right now based on my mood and inspiration:

"You don't always need to seek adventure. Sometimes it finds you. Run with it."
-AzulEyes
:)

:run:

Aspie aspiring

"I like people, but they bug me. Actually, I adore lots and lots of people, but I see way too much. I see past the nuances and suggestions and idioms and babble, and I grow so weary. I am thinking and pondering about approximately one hundred things and tangents compared to each singular concept another brings up in conversation. I am distracted by the webbing-style of my brain that largely resembles an organizer big corporations use to plot out their schematics for the next decade... I leap and run all over in my head, dissecting the molecular bits of a person."

--From a blog called Everyday Asperger's; describes my thinking style perfectly.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]

What happened on the day I realized I could not draw? It happens to almost everyone. The transformation of the paper place for an experience, into a paper thing that is good or bad. Shapes divided into pretty or ugly and the ugly shapes are pushed away into a place on the other side of thought. To keep them there some of us had to stop drawing completely. Or we had to learn how to draw in an organized way that others could recognize and say yes to. Yes that is a nice drawing. So you have not wasted time or paper. Keep drawing and if you are lucky and you can remember what drawing used to be to you, you may be able to find your way back to the place where the shapes are happening."

Lynda Barry, Picture This

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Immature love says 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'" - Erich Fromm

Finally, I get the difference. :) :heart:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm self-sufficient. I spend a lot of time on my own and I shut off quite easily. When I communicate, I communicate 900 per cent, then I shut off, which scares people sometimes.

Björk

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"I am a dreamer. I know so little of real life that I just can't help re-living such moments as these in my dreams, for such moments are something I have very rarely experienced. I am going to dream about you the whole night, the whole week, the whole year. I feel I know you so well that I couldn't have known you better if we'd been friends for twenty years. You won't fail me, will you? Only two minutes, and you've made me happy forever. Yes, happy. Who knows, perhaps you've reconciled me with myself, resolved all my doubts."

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

"I am a dreamer. I know so little of real life that I just can't help re-living such moments as these in my dreams, for such moments are something I have very rarely experienced. I am going to dream about you the whole night, the whole week, the whole year. I feel I know you so well that I couldn't have known you better if we'd been friends for twenty years. You won't fail me, will you? Only two minutes, and you've made me happy forever. Yes, happy. Who knows, perhaps you've reconciled me with myself, resolved all my doubts."

Whoa! I like this.

Noon

anneisrestless@tumblr said:
“You are lovely. When you rest
your head, your pillows blush;
when you rise again the sky
is proud of lowering the moon
for you. This is how time moves.
I never knew the world revolved
around a person until you
snapped your fingers and I fell.”

Feeling strongly about words again. Goodbye, writer's block.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
everyone i love is sad on the internet, is reaching

with both arms toward the promise of something reaching back
is charting a path between what is given and what is given away

Sam Sax, from his poem Cruising Utopia

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"There's more to life than books, you know. But not much more."

L

LadyLazarus

“To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.”
― Charles Dickens