• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“It was that kind of a crazy afternoon, terrifically cold, and no sun out or anything, and you felt like you were disappearing every time you crossed a road.” - J. D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Permabanned
“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

― Stephen King, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption: A Story from Different Seasons

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
that opinions are no longer a useful or appropriate organising principle, that reckoning is no longer a scarcity, that the network now so obviously and explicitly extends beyond the bounds of any individual being able to say anything useful or conclusive on or about it in isolation, that telling someone your opinion is like telling them about your dreams.

James Bridle
from his blog booktwo.org

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
“It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.” - Terry Pratchett

“The intelligence of the creature known as a crowd, is the square root of the number of people in it.”

ygolo

My termites win
Alone
Lying, thinking
Last night
How to find my soul a home
Where water is not thirsty
And bread loaf is not stone
I came up with one thing
And I don't believe I'm wrong
That nobody,
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody

There are some millionaires
With money they can't use
Their wives run round like banshees
Their children sing the blues
They've got expensive doctors
To cure their hearts of stone.
But nobody
No, nobody

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody

Now if you listen closely
I'll tell you what I know
Storm clouds are gathering
The wind is gonna blow
The race of man is suffering
And I can hear the moan,
'Cause nobody,
But nobody

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
-Maya Angelou

I know it is just supposed to be a quote, but I quoted a whole poem.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.”

''Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer''

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"The only means of strengthening one's intellect is to make up one's mind about nothing --to let the mind be a thoroughfare for all thoughts. Not a select party."
- John Keats

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don’t care about someone being intelligent; any situation between people, when they are really human with each other, produces ‘intelligence.’
Susan Sontag​
She’s right, precisely and exactly. It’s not the first element of her argument that’s arresting; any idiot knows that intelligence is overrated in all sorts of ways. But the insight that when we are real and human with each other we produce ‘intelligence’ —as an outcome, not as an attribute— is profound, true, and an explanation I’d never encountered for why I prefer the company of the real and dull to erudite performers distracted by their own brilliance. It is not merely a question of taste: the former converse collaboratively, build meanings with you, surprise you; the latter are not so open to discovery because the dialectic process is for them both a pleasure and a competition, and their intelligence is too precious to them to be risked on banal inquiries, dumb guesses, the fatal utterance “I don’t know.”

Mills Baker, from his blog

Burger King

"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive."

- Joseph Campbell

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I spend my days on the internet, though “on” doesn’t strike me as the best preposition to link myself up to the nebulous depths of the web. I live in it, maybe. Or up against it, eyeballs pressed to pixels. A little too close, maybe, but nothing life-threatening.

I know what’s going on in the world, or at least sort of. I know the headlines and the facts, the shootings and the first-place finishes. I know other people who live online: A friend in Pakistan who I’ve only met in chat windows; the guy who writes funny things about the Olympics for Bleacher Report. They know things too. I feel them breathing against the glass, hear their whispered snippets and spin them back through my own keyboard. We’re all looking into a different window of the same house, watching the same family have dinner, and yet we yell out to each other about it, around its corners or from its second floor, like its something one of us might have missed. We spend days on couches or at desks looking into (or out at?) a universe, still and stationary in our own. Noses pressed to the screens, wondering how the green beans taste.

Talia Ralph, from Life On The Internet

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
when we love, we always strive to become better than we are. when we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
― paulo coelho

i'm an nf tonight.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Robert Frost

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.

Heh.

A

A_priori

Albert Einstein

“Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place.” - Dear Abby

:laugh: True, though.

I like this quote

A

A_priori

Here's one for the idealist

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world around him. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man :)

Not that I'm completely unreasonable tho.. Just like it

A

A_priori

*"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

Rosabel

“Conventionality is not morality. Self-righteousness is not religion. To attack the first is not to assail the last.” ― Charlotte Brontë

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don’t Tell Anyone

We had been married for six or seven years
when my wife, standing in the kitchen one afternoon, told me
that she screams underwater when she swims—

that, in fact, she has been screaming for years
into the blue chlorinated water of the community pool
where she does laps every other day.

Buttering her toast, not as if she had been
concealing anything,
not as if  I should consider myself

personally the cause of  her screaming,
nor as if we should perform an act of therapy
right that minute on the kitchen table,

—casually, she told me,
and I could see her turn her square face up
to take a gulp of oxygen,

then down again into the cold wet mask of  the unconscious.
For all I know, maybe everyone is screaming
as they go through life, silently,

politely keeping the big secret
that it is not all fun
to be ripped by the crooked beak

of something called psychology,
to be dipped down
again and again into time;

that the truest, most intimate
pleasure you can sometimes find
is the wet kiss

of  your own pain.
There goes Kath, at one PM, to swim her twenty-two laps
back and forth in the community pool;

—what discipline she has!
Twenty-two laps like twenty-two pages,
that will never be read by anyone.

by Tony Hoagland​

W

WALMART

"Ah man, I don't give a fuck."

Oh, this is the NF section? I mean

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty"

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
"When the working day is done, girls just wanna have fun." -Cyndi Lauper

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

-Mother Teresa