• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

"It's so strange that autumn is so beautiful, yet everything is dying." - Anonymous

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Imagine smiling after a slap in the face. Then think of doing it twenty-four hours a day." -Markus Zusak, 'The Book Thief'

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Don't fight your enemy in his field, fight him in your own field with your style and what you know best - Martial Arts

epidemiologist

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
"We will never have a perfect world but it's not romantic or naive to work toward a better one" - Steven Pinker

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
HAS THE WORLD GONE CRAZY? AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES? MARK IT ZERO!

- Walter Sobchak

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Be the temporary and insignificant lump of organic material you wish to see in the world.

- Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Motivation

Ask yourself: What is my longing?
Answer yourself: I long for the world, in the form
of a person, which is me,
in the form of a new world,
in the form of a new person,
which is the new me, in the form…
ad infinitum.

Brenda Shaughnessy, from “The Seven Deadly Sins of (and Necessary Steps toward) Making Art,” Our Andromeda

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“Humans have evolved to their relatively high state by retaining the immature characteristics of their ancestors. Humans are the most advanced of mammals – although a case could be made for the dolphins – because they seldom grow up. Behavioral traits such as curiosity about the world, flexibility of response, and playfulness are common to practically all young mammals but are usually rapidly lost with the onset of maturity in all but humans. Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature.”
― Tom Robbins

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"8 count"

from my bed
I watch
3 birds
on a telephone
wire.

one flies
off.
then
another.

one is left,
then
it too
is gone.

my typewriter is
tombstone
still.

and I am
reduced to bird
watching.

just thought I'd
let you
know,
fucker.

- Charles Bukowski

Tengri

“Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.” Emerson

Eleanthe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Look within. You are the world.

J. Krishnamurti

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the human condition

Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow. Never expect to outgrow loneliness. Never hope to find people who will understand you, someone to fill that space. An intelligent, sensitive person is the exception, the very great exception. If you expect to find people who will understand you, you will grow murderous with disappointment. The best you'll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way.

Janet Fitch, White Oleander

Tengri

“Poets do not go mad; but chess-players do. Mathematicians go mad, and cashiers; but creative artists very seldom. I am not, as will be seen, in any sense attacking logic: I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not in imagination.” Chesterton

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
“If you tame me, then we
shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I
shall be unique in all the world.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

"The idealist cannot be reformed: if he is driven out of his heaven, he makes an ideal out of his hell."
-Nietzsche

"To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life"
-Pablo Neruda

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Slick back my hair
You know the Devil's in there

- Them Crooked Vultures

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
“I looked at my right hand, the hand with which I painted. There was power in that hand. Power to create and destroy. Power to bring pleasure and pain. Power to amuse and horrify. There was in that hand the demonic and the divine at one and the same time. The demonic and the divine were two aspects of the same force. Creation was demonic and divine. Creativity was demonic and divine. I was demonic and divine.”

― Chaim Potok

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
"With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?" - Oscar Wilde