• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice.

-Harrison Ford

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Locked up inside you,
Like the calm beneath castles,
Is a cavern of treasures that
No one has been to.

Let's go digging.......​

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"To be overly conscious is a sickness, a real, thorough sickness." - Underground Man

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"the grumpier you are, the more assholes you meet" - banksy

Jaguar

We cannot live the afternoon of life according to the program of life’s morning, for what was great in the morning will be little at evening and what in the morning was true, at evening will have become a lie.

— Carl Jung

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
“I don’t think people love me. They love versions of me I have spun for them, versions of me they have construed in their minds. The easy versions of me, the easy parts of me to love."

Tater

"Pay attention to when the cart is getting before the horse. Notice when a painful initiation leads to irrational devotion, or when unsatisfying jobs start to seem worthwhile. Remind yourself pledges and promises have power, as do uniforms and parades. Remember in the absence of extrinsic rewards you will seek out or create intrinsic ones. Take into account [that] the higher the price you pay for your decisions the more you value them. See that ambivalence becomes certainty with time. Realize that lukewarm feelings become stronger once you commit to a group, club, or product. Be wary of the roles you play and the acts you put on, because you tend to fulfill the labels you accept. Above all, remember the more harm you cause, the more hate you feel. The more kindness you express, the more you come to love those you help."

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"There's more to life than being macho - such an ugly word - which is something that I realized at the age of one."

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“Surely all art is the result of one's having been in danger, of having gone through an experience all the way to the end, to where no one can go any further.” -Rilke

Starry

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus!
That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't.
We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities... we are eaten up by nothing.

-Charles Bukowski

Starry

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't.
We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities... we are eaten up by nothing.

-Charles Bukowski

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For the sign to be pure, it has to duplicate itself: it is the duplication of the sign that destroys its meaning.

Jean Baudrillard, Simulations

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
anything other than

Everything they told you about how to live in the world when you were a kid is a lie. Education doesn’t matter, not even on paper. Being ethical doesn’t matter. Being a good person doesn’t matter. What matters now is that you’re endlessly capable of the hustle, of bringing in that long green, of being entertaining to enough people that somebody will want to give you money or fuck you or fund your startup. We’re all sharks now; if we stop swimming for just a little too long, we die. We lose followers. We’re lame. We’re not worth funding, or fucking. Because all that matters is the endless churn, the endless parade, the endless cycle of buying and trying to sell and being bought and sold by people who tell you that they’re your friends, man, not like those others. Microsoft is evil and Google is not evil, except when they are, but that’s not really important, and if you decide that maybe you’re tired of being reduced to nothing more than a potential lead for a sales pitch, like something out of a fucking David Mamet play, then you’re a hater and irrelevant and a Luddite. And besides, what would you do with yourself if you weren’t checking Facebook or playing Candy Crush Saga or watching some teenage dumbass smash his genitals on the side of a pool on YouTube? What the fuck would you even do, bro?

The comedian Bill Hicks used to do a bit where he invited the advertisers and marketers in his audience to kill themselves. He imagined them turning it into an ad campaign: “Oh, the righteous indignation dollar, that’s a good dollar, Bill’s smart to do that.” He laid out the futility of trying to escape: “I’m just caught in a fucking web,” he’d say.

And that’s where we are. You, me, we’re trapped, between being nothing more than consumers, every aspect of our lives quantified and turned into demographic data, or being fucking Amish cavemen drifting into increasing irrelevancy. Because it really does feel like there’s no middle ground anymore, doesn’t it? There’s no way to stay an active, informed citizen of the world without some motherfucker figuring out a way to squirm into your life to try and get a dollar out of you. Only fools expect something for free, and only bigger fools believe they’re anything other than a consumable or a consumer.

Joshua Zachariah Ellis, from his blog post, Everyone I Know Is Brokenhearted

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"It’s dark because you are trying too hard. Lightly child, lightly. Learn to do everything lightly. Yes, feel lightly even though you’re feeling deeply. Just lightly let things happen and lightly cope with them. I was so preposterously serious in those days… it’s the best advice ever given me… So throw away your baggage and go forward. There are quicksands all about you, sucking at your feet, trying to suck you down into fear and self-pity and despair. That’s why you must walk so lightly."

-Aldous Huxley

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Every beginning is scary and every ending is sad, but it's the journey in between that makes life worth living." - anonymous

"Maturity is when the world opens up and you see you're not the center of it." - M.J. Croan

Raffaella

bon vivant
The dew of the morning
Sunk chill on my brow—
It felt like the warning
Of what I feel now.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.

George Eliot

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"I used to analyze myself down to the last thread, used to compare myself with others, recalled all the smallest glances, smiles and words of those to whom I’d tried to be frank, interpreted everything in a bad light, laughed viciously at my attempts ‘to be like the rest’ –and suddenly, in the midst of my laughing, I’d give way to sadness, fall into ludicrous despondency and once again start the whole process all over again – in short, I went round and round like a squirrel on a wheel." - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting.

Haruki Murakami, Dance Dance Dance