• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] NFs and drugs

sleepy

Marjuana does not work on me. I've tried it several times. Even to smoke it pure. No effect that I can notice. Maybe sometimes dissy and tired. I find it boring. Normal cigarette is more effective.

Alcohol is the same way, to a point... The curve is flat, until it dives vertically and stabilizes between consciousness and subconsciousness. Now I'm in a state of true schizophrenia, and I think it's awesome. My surroundings usually don't though. Like cops - lol. I'm sure I have given plenty of those ever lasting nightmares.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anyone who uses drugs is asking for a world of pain. Before you try them, go find a drug addict or recovering drug addict and ask them if it was worth it. They will tell you to run as hard and fast as you can in the other direction before you ruin your life.

its same with alcohol, if you drink you are bound to become like this:

drunk-man-in-funny-position.jpg

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
No, never tried. The risk seems too high to ruin your life with it. Neither did I try to smoke normal cigarettes.

Unless you count alcohol to drugs too :) But not regularly.

MBTI Type
Mann
I def think it's wise to wait to experiment until you have a hold on who you are and some financial stability and other interesting things in your life. I don't think a person should do them when they are vulnerable or as a way to escape. I also think one should be fully informed, careful and try to stay classy (always!) if they ever go down that road.

Anyone who uses drugs is asking for a world of pain. Before you try them, go find a drug addict or recovering drug addict and ask them if it was worth it. They will tell you to run as hard and fast as you can in the other direction before you ruin your life.

I mostly stick with drugs more associated with questing. I have actually already tried weed, shrooms, salvia, cough syrup(we were broke :( ), and LSD. None of them I found to be in any way addictive, I was mostly just curious if it is common for NF's to go searching for something beyond, though I have heard from a few NFs I have met that they have trouble with the idea of altering their perception of reality. I felt the same way at first, I felt I learned a lot during my time using drugs(about a year). I think having done so at 18 could have done a bit of damage thought. None physical, I just think I opened too many doors too quickly...

MBTI Type
Mann
...acid (1st time didnt count).

Be very careful with this one. I have had 2 experiences, one really good, and one really bad. It was kind of strange, I felt like I saw God and the Devil, though I don't really believe in either of them in the typical religious forms. It is possible I dipped into some shadow functions or even just switched over to my left instead of right brain. I do want to understand more about it through experimentation though.

MBTI Type
Mann
...acid (1st time didnt count).

Be very careful with this one. I have had 2 experiences, one really good, and one really bad. It was kind of strange, I felt like I saw God and the Devil, though I don't really believe in either of them in the typical religious forms. It is possible I dipped into some shadow functions or even just switched over to my left instead of right brain. I do want to understand more about it through experimentation though.

V

violaine

violaine hasn't done acid. The layout of this thread is highly amusing.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Only doing acid once and still being an acid virgin doesn't coincide. But that can happen with weed, you can smoke for a week straight for your first time, not feel a thing.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see drugs as a way of giving up control over myself and I don't feel comfortable doing that. However, I would probably try some in a controlled environment and with somebody I trust completely, just to get the experience. Otherwise, I'm just wary or all that stuff and what kind of an influence it would have on me, so yeah, personally, I'm kind of indifferent towards them most of the time.

:yes:

i think drinking just to the point of being drunk is quite fun with family, a close friend, an SO, or other small group of people that i trust, but other than that i generally just am not that intrigued by drugs.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I smoke pot socially. Never tried any of the harder drugs, but I have friends who do coke or acid semi-regularly and are still able to lead perfectly normal lives.

Anyone who does crack, crank or smack is an idiot though.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do drink socially and enjoy and have fun getting buzzed every now and then, with friends or my guy, so I'll preface this with that. So technically speaking I'm not 'drug free'.

My personal reason for never having an interest in doing or trying other drugs is that I don't like the notion of using or depending on a substance (even if in a non-addictive way) to illicit certain emotions or feelings or perspectives, or to relax, etc. I want to be able to reach that state or those perspectives on my own, without the use of something else to get me there. And if I can't on my own, then that means I need to reassess what I'm doing with my life and what changes I might need to make. Also... I've never really seen the point of doing any of it, at least when it comes to myself and how I want to lead my life.

sculpting

I drink wine, but have never done drugs.

Both of my uncles injected meth. One until he developed meth induced psychosis from it. The other and his wife had their kids taken away as they werent feeding them anymore and both have been in and out of prison.

I saw them growing up and just after I moved out at 16, my mom and sister both went through stages of meth abuse of the pill variety.

^^Watching them really turned me away from ever trying drugs or even smoking.

I do enjoy a glass of wine though as it slows my brain down and I dont have to think so much.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Weed - everyday : im chronic

Coke
- a few times : just to try, didn't care for it, don't see the big deal...way too much money and have to keep snorting every 20 mins or so to keep a buzz, wouldn't do it again

Rit - on occasion : loved it everytime

Acid - a few times a year : only really enjoy it when i'm doing it with only 1 other person that i'm very close with

Shrooms
- once : happiest trip i've EVER had

Morning Glory
- 5 or 6 times maybe : tastes like a bag of dirty assholes, but well worth it!

Speed - a couple times : enjoyed it the first time, that was about it. too sketchy of a drug for me!

Ecstasy
- unsure of usage amounts as i did it during a year i barely remember : would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER touch it again! let me make this clear...when i say ecstasy i do no mean pure MDMA.. i mean the cut shit that you don't know what you're getting and it has a lot of speed in it... sketchiest buzz EVER...come down so brutal i was teetering on the edge of being suicidal

MDMA - once : now this is what ecstasy is SUPPOSED to be! this shit is DA BOMB! pure happiness and contentment... no come down.

Ketamine - once : worst thing i've ever snorted in my life... BRUTALLY painful.... and like coke u gotta keep snorting every so often... BUT quite an interesting buzz! thoroughly enjoyed it...but a drug i would only do the way i would acid..with 1 other person i know very well.

Salvia - a handful of times: people don't get fucked on it because they don't smoke it right...do it right and you'll have the most intense hallucinogenic experience of your life all piled into 5 minutes.. but be wary light drug users... this is not a drug for those who scare easy on a trip... it can be terrifying if u start to panic... but it's a very very short trip

DM - twice : 1st time was the cough syrup - had a horrible allergic reaction and scratched my legs, without realizing it, until they were blood soaked. why i tried it again im not sure.. but i did only the 2nd time i took the capsules..much better than drinking disgusting cough syrup. 2nd time buzz was wicked! i tripped with a boyfriend at the time (as i usually do).. our shared trip was mind blowing... if you go to the bathroom while on this drug..don't look in the mirror.. you WILL get lost!

2cb - twice : 1st time blew my fuckin' mind! never had so much fun on a psychedelic (synthetic however) in a group type setting in my life. 2nd time was severely sketchy... this is one drug i still ponder as to what made the difference in the 2 separate trips. not a drug for those not use to tripping!

Prescription Drugs
- daily : my drugs of choice are opiates & benzos mixed together.... all i have to say is DO NOT DO IT! they will offer you relief of whatever you are medicating and/or self-medicating for only for a short period before they completely steal your life.

So i guess the bottom line here is...i fucking love drugs.... IN MODERATION WITH A LEVEL HEAD AND A PLANNED TRIP. It's all about balance. However, i would never touch anything that can get you addicted on the first buzz. I like tripping a few times a year on hallucinogenics, i love my weed because it really helps with my mental illness and plainly makes me happy (tho i think it may be to blame for my memory loss and lower cognitive functioning - so i plan to cut way back).

Drugs i would do again:
Rit - rarely
MDMA - maybe once or twice again
2cb - undecided
Ketamine - maybe just a couple times spread throughout a few years
Salvia - a couple times a year
Acid - a couple times a year
Shrooms - whenever i can get em again!
Morning Glory - maybe a few times, undecided

Drugs i wouldn't do again:
DM - HORRIBLE for you! i had an amazing trip the 2nd time, but i wouldn't push my luck, and it's just so so so bad for you!
Coke - no thank you!! (something i found interesting is that apparently most opiate addicts do not like coke)
Speed - no
Ecstasy - NEVER EVER EVER
Prescription Drugs - once i'm clean, never again (i'd like to think optimistically and that i will not relapse)

This is probably the first serious post i've made on this forum. Perhaps way too honest... but that's who i am. So thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and if you have any questions please msg me.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Only doing acid once and still being an acid virgin doesn't coincide. But that can happen with weed, you can smoke for a week straight for your first time, not feel a thing.

i meant it didn't count because the acid got left in a 100 degree closet for a week or two and lost all its strength. we each took 2 hits of acid and barely felt anything.