• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] yNFx &ENTJ match combination- what works, what doesn't

pragmatic_skeptic8

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Hey folks, so I'm just another one of those curious ENTJs looking for a solution and a close friend (maybe they're the same thing on some level?)

AND... I'm curious to see what the community knows, thinks, feels about yNFx female-ENTJ male relationships. Success stories, sad/lesson stories, best practices, general advice, jokes, flirts (also welcome).

This is to include the larger yNFx female community (beyond the INFJs where this convo began), since the P's and E's aren't in that conversation.

Do you think ENTJ males make good matches for yNFx females? Why/not?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I think the connection/chemistry may be great/intense. However...ENTJs may be ... overbearing naturally to NFs...esp. NFPs who are go-with-the-flow people. They don't mean to be overbearing but they are on one end of the spectrum and NFPs on the other ... does that make sense?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't get what you mean by that whole yx thing...do you just mean nfs in general?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hehe lady x i was like ?? at first too, i think the idea is it can't be two x's because they're both not the same variable set :thinking:

speaking only for myself as an ENFP, i love the balance and protection that NTJ naturally offers - you guys usually feel "safe", to me, if that makes sense - like a sort of bastion in the storm that i can be - while i enjoy seeing an NTJ open up and being more carefree with me, too. i think between the right people, who choose to work together, it's a great balance.

however -

I think the connection/chemistry may be great/intense. However...ENTJs may be ... overbearing naturally to NFs...esp. NFPs who are go-with-the-flow people. They don't mean to be overbearing but they are on one end of the spectrum and NFPs on the other ... does that make sense?

this is very true. :yes: sometimes i get a little overwhelmed by how directive ENTJs in particular are. i like to not have a plan sometimes, and that seems difficult for some ENTJs to feel comfortable with.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I've seen ENFP and ENTJ could be a very good match. We challenge each other with games and stuff, I've foudn ENTJs making me fluster when they chuckle at my (non-existant) organization skills, instead of getting pissy over it, and I get totally endeared when I see them protect and comfort someone with their baby-Fi :D

I think the sex would be hot, I'm only wondering if ENTJs could keep up with the cuddle-need this ENFP tends to have, as well as the self-reflecting I do, while using you guys as a sounding board.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I get on great with entjs'.

I think with the right infp, it can potentially work very well.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I'm currently involved with an ENTJ, and i think one of the things i like the most about him is being able to peel back the layers of hubris and false narcissism to see the person behind it.

That and he challenges me and pushes me in ways that normally i would get incredibly annoyed at. I DO have trouble reading him at times, which can be frustrating but ultimately i kind of like that as well. The constantly known and routine bores me =)