• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Upset ENFPs: Handle With Care

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe that means that you notice it easier than I do. Well, makes sense that it is easier to see something happening outside of yourself than inside. Maybe I only notice it when it comes in the way of something. Like if I am talking with someone, the figuring out stops the interaction for a while, so I notice it.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Nolla, so when you converse with people it's mostly pre-planned stuff? Like you imagine what you are going to say in your head, and then later you use those pre-planned things? Am I understanding what you are describing?

I'd be bored to death if I did that. One of the main things I like about conversing is the spontaneity of it. Even when I know stuff, I still relate it differently depending on the person/environment/circumstance. So it would bring me back to the same process of working it out as I talk... I don't think I do the micro-pizza thing at all, because even if the topic is familiar each time I discuss it I will most likely be hit with new ideas regarding subject which I then have to process...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
off topic but i am currently in love with my avatar. :D

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Nolla, so when you converse with people it's mostly pre-planned stuff? Like you imagine what you are going to say in your head, and then later you use those pre-planned things? Am I understanding what you are describing?

I'd be bored to death if I did that. One of the main things I like about conversing is the spontaneity of it. Even when I know stuff, I still relate it differently depending on the person/environment/circumstance. So it would bring me back to the same process of working it out as I talk... I don't think I do the micro-pizza thing at all, because even if the topic is familiar each time I discuss it I will most likely be hit with new ideas regarding subject which I then have to process...

No no, it's like when I have figured something out, it is waiting to be used in different contexts. There is no way one could be ready for any kind of conversation by practicing it. It is just that the thoughts are ready and they are already checked to match with the foundational principles. It's like they are these small packages, and I know exactly where they are, what are their neighboring packages and how they fit in that environment. It is like, I don't need to figure out anything else but how the current topic fits these "pre-thought-of" thoughts, and then throw one of these out there to see how the other person sees it. I think my Ne is doing this connecting, and Fi is responsible for the big picture to stay true. When I am presented a theory I can't immediately connect to something, then I go inside and try to see how it could. I guess that could be Ti..?

Then I have this overdrive Ne talk. It is basically about being funny, and doesn't seem to have anything to do with Fi, except that it must not become unfunny.

off topic but i am currently in love with my avatar. :D

Yeah, I like it too, it fits you very well... :yes:

redacted

No no, it's like when I have figured something out, it is waiting to be used in different contexts. There is no way one could be ready for any kind of conversation by practicing it. It is just that the thoughts are ready and they are already checked to match with the foundational principles. It's like they are these small packages, and I know exactly where they are, what are their neighboring packages and how they fit in that environment. It is like, I don't need to figure out anything else but how the current issue of topic fits these "pre-thought-of" thoughts, and then throw one of these out there to see how the other person sees it.

Wow, interesting description. I'd say this is exactly how I converse as well. (At least when I'm talking about N-stuff.)

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
No no, it's like when I have figured something out, it is waiting to be used in different contexts. There is no way one could be ready for any kind of conversation by practicing it. It is just that the thoughts are ready and they are already checked to match with the foundational principles. It's like they are these small packages, and I know exactly where they are, what are their neighboring packages and how they fit in that environment. It is like, I don't need to figure out anything else but how the current issue of topic fits these "pre-thought-of" thoughts, and then throw one of these out there to see how the other person sees it. I think my Ne is doing this connecting, and Fi is responsible for the big picture to stay true. When I am presented a theory I can't immediately connect to something, then I go inside and try to see how it could. I guess that could be Ti..?

Then I have this overdrive Ne talk. It is basically about being funny, and doesn't seem to have anything to do with Fi, except that it must not become unfunny.

Yeah, I like it too, it fits you very well... :yes:

Okay, I think I'm understanding now. I'm fascinated how different thought processes work...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
No no, it's like when I have figured something out, it is waiting to be used in different contexts. There is no way one could be ready for any kind of conversation by practicing it. It is just that the thoughts are ready and they are already checked to match with the foundational principles. It's like they are these small packages, and I know exactly where they are, what are their neighboring packages and how they fit in that environment. It is like, I don't need to figure out anything else but how the current topic fits these "pre-thought-of" thoughts, and then throw one of these out there to see how the other person sees it. I think my Ne is doing this connecting, and Fi is responsible for the big picture to stay true. When I am presented a theory I can't immediately connect to something, then I go inside and try to see how it could. I guess that could be Ti..?

This is exactly how I do it too. Although I can will myself to just go on Ne overload if I want. I usually do it to play devil's advocate and then deliver the second blow by telling my real opinion.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
The analogy can also be applied to this thread. See, when the reality presents me with a situation that doesn't fit with some of the important packages, I need to either found a way to interpret the reality differently or I need a huge re-ordering of the packages, as the important ones are connected to many of the small ones. So, when I saw what Wonka was doing, I thought he needed help in seeing what of the packages are in conflict with one another. (He did admit at some point that his attitude might cause him real life problems as well)

I don't know, maybe it is an inefficient way of looking at the problem? It works for me, but I don't know if it works for anyone else...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sorry i'm becoming a rabid poster guys. most recent freelancing job just finished = lots o spare time. it'll go away soon enough.

to transfer over from the Fe-Fi forum - handle our identities/egos/core selves caringly. we put it all out there so you usually can see our weaknesses pretty obviously. we need to have you let us know that our selves are fundamentally valuable, because since our judging function is subjective, we can't make that decision for ourselves. but as long as you support our inner selves/intentions, you can feel free to tell us how fucked up our external actions were. :yes:

i think INTJs have a natural ability for this (ISTJs should too) because they have Fi too, and so they inherently experience that idea of ego validation. and it's good with someone else if you're in a romantic relationship with them, because the whole point of a romantic relationship is that you love the other person for themselves. so that validation is more clear. but in a random internet forum stranger relationship, i see why it's like wtf.

poki what do you mean by screwing you over?

I know exactly what you are saying. My dominant function is subjective judgement, but Ti not Fi. Ego validation I can give alot of credit to IxTJs as I am not good at all with that, I am not comfortable myself with ego validation, all the fake ego validation kills it for me. but I will challenge any person irregardless of type when it comes to "truly" supporting someone in there dreams, goals, and desires. Thats one of the huge differences betwen IxTJ and IxTP. (IxTJ ego validation and IxTP support).

In regard to fucked up actions. Its one thing to hold something against someone, its another to hold someone to something. Especially when the other person is who put that something there. I expect you to do the same to me, hold me to what ever it is I do.

Screwing me over means dont take advantage of me.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Christ, how can you guys talk about personality and yourselves so much?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nolla's is quite cute yes thanks for asking...and yours...just what is up with yours professor?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sorry i'm becoming a rabid poster guys. most recent freelancing job just finished = lots o spare time. it'll go away soon enough.

to transfer over from the Fe-Fi forum - handle our identities/egos/core selves caringly. we put it all out there so you usually can see our weaknesses pretty obviously. we need to have you let us know that our selves are fundamentally valuable, because since our judging function is subjective, we can't make that decision for ourselves. but as long as you support our inner selves/intentions, you can feel free to tell us how fucked up our external actions were. :yes:

i think INTJs have a natural ability for this (ISTJs should too) because they have Fi too, and so they inherently experience that idea of ego validation. and it's good with someone else if you're in a romantic relationship with them, because the whole point of a romantic relationship is that you love the other person for themselves. so that validation is more clear. but in a random internet forum stranger relationship, i see why it's like wtf.

poki what do you mean by screwing you over?

One other thing about IxTP, be true to who you are and you wont ever have to worry about screwing over an IxTP.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Man, yours is crazy... Is that a man or a woman?

Man. Native American. Wanna say Sioux or La Chota or something northernly. I've run across the same picture in my Native American heritage studies.