• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Upset ENFPs: Handle With Care

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not reading 11 pages. I will read this page though. What I've come to understand is that you guys like bolding your words and crossing words out. There aren't as many emoticons as is often used....

Are we upset?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
This reminds me of how, in my TypoC video, for example, I said "This video is probably going to suck, but I'll do my best."

Now if you just read that sentence, you might think, "Man, he's really insecure."

Now if I added an emoticon to the end of the sentence so that it looked like this:

"This video is probably going to suck, but I'll do my best." :D

You might think, OK he's joking.

But it seems that even with the emoticon, some people would still think, "Man he's really insecure."

I think that's weird, but experience on the forum has taught me that many people here are emoticon illiterate.

But if you actually SEE my video, where I say "This video is probably going to suck, but I'll do my best,"---the body language, facial expression, and tone of voice make it extremely OBVIOUS that I'm joking.

In fact, if you watch the video, you will see that many of the things I say would be taken the wrong way without of the context of physical cues.

Because of this I'm actually considering ONLY posting VIDEO comments, for Christ's sake!

My point is that people are reading WAY too many things into what I post, and if they had more information, they would have a totally different idea of where I'm coming from.

Some people have said things like, "Oh, so you expect people to read your mind? How are we supposed to know what you mean when you say things like that? :steam:

Well, once I again, I DO use emoticons for a reason.

And since some people are emoticon illiterate, there's not much more I can do in text.

MAYBE, just MAYBE--what people can do is WITHHOLD JUDGEMENT about someone if they're not sure of the person's intentions.

MAYBE even give people the benefit of the doubt that they are being misunderstood.

The fact is, my style of communication doesn't translate well in text.

You're just not seeing the whole picture, so WHY ASSUME THE WORST???

IF you are interested, here is my TypoC video, which demonstrates how saying things like "This video is probably going to suck" is NOT a LITERAL STATEMENT, but an OBVIOUS JOKE ( I say it near the beginning of the video) :

Wonka's Typo C Video on Vimeo

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
let's workshop this. we are supposed to:

1. listen to your unfettered thoughts;
2. agree with them;
3. validate them;
4. understand when you're being snarky in a cuddle way versus being snarky in a mean way;
5. not link your thoughts in this thread to other threads you've made recently;
5. understand how and why you use particular emoticons and the implication of said emoticon usage; and
6. watch your youtube videos.

i have a full-time job. i am not sure i am able to meet these expectations.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
let's workshop this. we are supposed to:

1. listen to your unfettered thoughts;
2. agree with them;
3. validate them;
4. understand when you're being snarky in a cuddle way versus being snarky in a mean way;
5. not link your thoughts in this thread to other threads you've made recently;
5. understand how and why you use particular emoticons and the implication of said emoticon usage; and
6. watch your youtube videos.

i have a full-time job. i am not sure i am able to meet these expectations.

That's ridiculous.

I'm just explaining things, giving examples, and providing options.

I'm not REQUIRING anyone to do ANYTHING.

And I'm only defending myself because I'm clearly on trial.

Even the people who DO understand where I'm coming from aren't speaking up because I've brought so much shit down on myself they don't want to get shit on too.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
And you will be judged for molesting boys with track suits on.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
lol Yeah, I know Wonka's a decent guy, and he's often misunderstood because of his communication style. I will say this though Wonka, it's up to you to fix that. ;)

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
lol Yeah, I know Wonka's a decent guy, and he's often misunderstood because of his communication style. I will say this though Wonka, it's up to you to fix that. ;)

Maybe.

But I still don't understand why people are so quick to judge and so harsh in their judgements.

That kind of approach is totally alien to me.

Fuck it. This is bullshit.

I've had enough.

I'm leaving the forum.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe.

But I still don't understand why people are so quick to judge and so harsh in their judgements.

That kind of approach is totally alien to me.

They're judging you for being an NF male who is openly expressive, straight up.

I've actually been told this.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Who told you that?

I'll beat them up...with a kitten.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
More people on these boards need to use emoticons. Not everyone has been around long enough to read minds. Why assume no new members who aren't familiar with individual's anti-social quirks join and read their posts?

I also hate how some people in this thread have filled their ears and covered their eyes with cement and exaggerate the hell out of Wonkavision's very simple message/suggestion. Jeebus.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Fuck it! :D

I'm retiring.

If you guys want to continue this thread in my absence, go for it.

I've got better things to do.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
God dammit, how do I change my password so I won't be tempted to come back up in this bitch???? :doh: :D

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
i feel like i'm watching someone commit forum suicide :(

No, it's more like putting the gun down and deciding to live. :D

I fucking love typology and this is the best site around, but I've had enough of the bullshit.

I'm serious.

It's no fun anymore.

Now how do I change my password?

The temptation to come back will be WAY too hard to resist.